Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question For Bible Believing Christians

Go down 
+9
scottmitchell74
EvyMetal
Tall Tyrion
Stender
Thrasher73
kmorg
ultmetal
T-Roy
DallasBlack
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Question For Bible Believing Christians Empty
PostSubject: Question For Bible Believing Christians   Question For Bible Believing Christians Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 4:54 am

We all know that every book of the Bible is important and "God breathed". But what is your favorite book of the Bible and your favorite verse from it (or if you can't pick a favorite book, then your favortie verse or do both).

My favorite book is Revelations. I am very interested in Biblical prophesy (which makes Daniel my favortie Old Testament book) plus this is where we get the promise of this life being over. My favorite verse is 21:4, "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, niether sorrow, nor crying, niether shall be anymore pain, for the former things are passed away." (KJV) My favorite verse of all however, is Romans 6:23, "For the wages of sin is death, but the grace of God is eternal life in Jesus Christ our lord." (my own paraprhase; grace is the gift of God)
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Question For Bible Believing Christians   Question For Bible Believing Christians Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 8:36 am

Ironic one for me....

Ephesians 4:26-27 (New American Standard Bible)

26 BE ANGRY, AND yet DO NOT SIN; do not let the sun go down on your anger, 27 and do not give the devil an opportunity.

Ephesians is my favorite book. Paul was a genius and I look up to him quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Question For Bible Believing Christians   Question For Bible Believing Christians Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 9:16 am

spectrefate wrote:
Ephesians is my favorite book. Paul was a genius and I look up to him quite a bit.

I agree 100%, Paul is the best example of what a Christian should to strive to be. Ironic considering that he was responsible for the death of many Christians-proof that NOBODY is beyond the Lord's grasp.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Question For Bible Believing Christians   Question For Bible Believing Christians Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 12:30 pm

Ephesians MELTS! Also in the new T, I like Hebrews, 1-2 Corinthians and Romans as well.

But, I'm a good over evil....big story kind of guy. So my favorite books are 1st and 2nd Kings (King David) Judges (Samson), Daniel (Daniel...Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego). And then I LOVE reading Proverbs. Abraham Isaac and Joseph are three favorite stories so I love Genesis.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Question For Bible Believing Christians   Question For Bible Believing Christians Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 12:57 pm

Hard to pick a favorite. Possibly Philippians or Romans.

Philippians is probably one of the most quoted books on the New Testament. Paul writing from prison to the Church at Philippi. The letter is very encouraging IMO. It's also filled with interesting theology. I am currently reading this book and exploring it with the small group Bible study I am attending.

Romans is great because it spells out salvation so clearly. For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. But THE GIFT of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. How much simple can you spell it out than that? Salvation is a gift, not something we can earn by trying to be holy.

John is great too. Of the four Gospels, it's my favorite as it pictures Christ as man and God. It also clearly spells out Jesus' intentions on earth. He came to die for us. He clearly states that "Destroy this temple and in three days I will rise it up." Awesome!

My most quoted scripture,
Philippians 4:13 For I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Question For Bible Believing Christians   Question For Bible Believing Christians Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 1:13 pm

Expounding upon what I said about "destroying this temple". The resurrection of Jesus Christ is the most important doctrine of the Bible. Jesus said he was going to be killed and in three days his body was to be raised from the dead. If that isn't true, then the entire Christian faith is a lie. The Bible itself says as much,

Quote :
1 Corinthians 15:13-15 (King James Version)

13. But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:

14. And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.

15. Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.

Unfortunately there are a lot of cults out there teaching otherwise. The Jehovah's Witnesses are among the biggest cult denying the resurrection of Christ, instead saying "his body was disposed of" and "he was raised as a spirit". Sadly it is the one's who call themselves "Jehovah's Witnesses" that are the "False witnesses" described in 1 Corinthians.

Jesus was very clear on the subject.

Quote :
18Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things?

19Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

20Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?

21But he spake of the temple of his body.

22When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

And to dispel the theory that Jesus was raised as "a spirit that would materialize bodies like the angels", Luke tells of how the disciples thought that Jesus was a ghost. However, Jesus made it quite clear that it was he himself, not a ghost.

Quote :
36While they were still talking about this, Jesus himself stood among them and said to them, "Peace be with you."

37They were startled and frightened, thinking they saw a ghost. 38He said to them, "Why are you troubled, and why do doubts rise in your minds? 39Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have."

40When he had said this, he showed them his hands and feet. 41And while they still did not believe it because of joy and amazement, he asked them, "Do you have anything here to eat?" 42They gave him a piece of broiled fish, 43and he took it and ate it in their presence.

44He said to them, "This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms."

So why did I share all this? I have no idea. Just got me to thinking about this very important doctrine when I started typing out my favorite books of the Bible.

Smile

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Question For Bible Believing Christians   Question For Bible Believing Christians Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 1:34 pm

fainting
lol!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Question For Bible Believing Christians   Question For Bible Believing Christians Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 1:38 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Expounding upon what I said about "destroying this temple". The resurrection of Jesus Christ is the most important doctrine of the Bible. Jesus said he was going to be killed and in three days his body was to be raised from the dead. If that isn't true, then the entire Christian faith is a lie. The Bible itself says as much,

Quote :
1 Corinthians 15:13-15 (King James Version)

13. But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:

14. And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.

15. Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.

Unfortunately there are a lot of cults out there teaching otherwise. The Jehovah's Witnesses are among the biggest cult denying the resurrection of Christ, instead saying "his body was disposed of" and "he was raised as a spirit". Sadly it is the one's who call themselves "Jehovah's Witnesses" that are the "False witnesses" described in 1 Corinthians.

Jesus was very clear on the subject.

Quote :
18Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things?

19Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

20Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?

21But he spake of the temple of his body.

22When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

And to dispel the theory that Jesus was raised as "a spirit that would materialize bodies like the angels", Luke tells of how the disciples thought that Jesus was a ghost. However, Jesus made it quite clear that it was he himself, not a ghost.

Quote :
36While they were still talking about this, Jesus himself stood among them and said to them, "Peace be with you."

37They were startled and frightened, thinking they saw a ghost. 38He said to them, "Why are you troubled, and why do doubts rise in your minds? 39Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have."

40When he had said this, he showed them his hands and feet. 41And while they still did not believe it because of joy and amazement, he asked them, "Do you have anything here to eat?" 42They gave him a piece of broiled fish, 43and he took it and ate it in their presence.

44He said to them, "This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms."

So why did I share all this? I have no idea. Just got me to thinking about this very important doctrine when I started typing out my favorite books of the Bible.

Smile

I know why you shared it! And I would like to tell you why: Becausee I needed those verses!!!!! I'm working together with a Jehovas Witness, and we are debating all the time. And this is stuff I will need. I think it was layed upon you to give me these verses! Ain't God great? Very Happy

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Question For Bible Believing Christians   Question For Bible Believing Christians Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 1:43 pm

AWESOME!

.....see my sig.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Question For Bible Believing Christians   Question For Bible Believing Christians Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 2:13 pm

Cool Kmorg. I've dealt with JWs many times. They will try to change the subject on you, but try your best to keep them on the subject of the resurrection and POUND the point home that John 2 says, "But he spake of the temple of his body."

Some JWs will even tell you that the temple Jesus spoke of was the Jerusalem temple, but this Scripture is clear. You can even read it in the JW's own Bible (perverted as it is).

Ask them, to read John 2:18-21. Then ask them to explain to you what the "temple" was that Jesus spoke of. They will most definitely not say "his body" but will give you some other explanation. Point to verse 21 and ask them to read it again. Body means, Body. It doesn't mean "spirit" or "spirit body". It means only one thing, the physical body of Christ that would be killed, lay dead for three days and be resurrected.

After you nail that point home, tell them that the apostles also thought Jesus was a ghost and take them to the Scriptures in Luke. They thought Jesus was a ghost, but what does Jesus say to them, "Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost (or spirit) does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have."

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Question For Bible Believing Christians   Question For Bible Believing Christians Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 3:25 pm

Hard to pick a favorite.I like the 4 Gospels,Romans,Revelations.My favorite verse would have to be the most popular John 3;16.For God so Loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believes in him should not perish but have everlasting life.That verse is our only hope.Without it we would be doomed to Hell.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Question For Bible Believing Christians   Question For Bible Believing Christians Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 6:51 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Cool Kmorg. I've dealt with JWs many times. They will try to change the subject on you, but try your best to keep them on the subject of the resurrection and POUND the point home that John 2 says, "But he spake of the temple of his body."

Some JWs will even tell you that the temple Jesus spoke of was the Jerusalem temple, but this Scripture is clear. You can even read it in the JW's own Bible (perverted as it is).

Ask them, to read John 2:18-21. Then ask them to explain to you what the "temple" was that Jesus spoke of. They will most definitely not say "his body" but will give you some other explanation. Point to verse 21 and ask them to read it again. Body means, Body. It doesn't mean "spirit" or "spirit body". It means only one thing, the physical body of Christ that would be killed, lay dead for three days and be resurrected.

After you nail that point home, tell them that the apostles also thought Jesus was a ghost and take them to the Scriptures in Luke. They thought Jesus was a ghost, but what does Jesus say to them, "Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost (or spirit) does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have."

Man Ultmetal, everything you said is right on! As for my favorate book I'd say James because its just one of those books that tells a christian how to live their life.

🇬🇹
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Question For Bible Believing Christians   Question For Bible Believing Christians Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 8:08 pm

My favorite book is Ruth. Gotta love an Old Testament book that is a perfect presentation of the gosple and a superbly written love story at the same time. As a matter of fact, I think I'll go read it right now. 🤘

Favorite verses are Phillipians 4:4-6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God that passes all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in CHrist Jesus.

I lean on those verses a lot. Not as much as I probably should, though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question For Bible Believing Christians   Question For Bible Believing Christians Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 8:26 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:

Favorite verses are Phillipians 4:4-6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God that passes all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in CHrist Jesus.

I lean on those verses a lot. Not as much as I probably should, though.

That's another of my favorites. Its all in the Word there. But its so hard to keep in practice. Humans are knuckleheads. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Question For Bible Believing Christians   Question For Bible Believing Christians Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 8:52 pm

spectrefate wrote:

That's another of my favorites. Its all in the Word there. But its so hard to keep in practice. Humans are knuckleheads. Smile

Most definitely.... Smile
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Question For Bible Believing Christians   Question For Bible Believing Christians Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 1:54 am

I had a dream that Ult kicked me outta church for listening to my music too loud...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question For Bible Believing Christians   Question For Bible Believing Christians Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 7:07 am

EvyMetal wrote:
I had a dream that Ult kicked me outta church for listening to my music too loud...

I hope everyone was fully clothed.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Question For Bible Believing Christians   Question For Bible Believing Christians Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 10:12 am

*spits coffee on monitor* Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question For Bible Believing Christians   Question For Bible Believing Christians Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 9:23 pm

I just believe a few things about my religion. Jesus,God and some other things but there's a lot of things that I don't believe in.

Oh yeah! One day I went to a church with an AC/DC T-shirt and another day with my Ozzy Osbounre T-shirt... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question For Bible Believing Christians   Question For Bible Believing Christians Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 12:28 am

I really wish everyone would stop calling the JW "a cult". They have millions of members worldwide and do what they believe. Protestants were once called a cult and slaughtered for it. Then every Lutheran off-shoot was called a cult. I no longer believe in organized religion, as there is not one single branch that has it ALL right. I was raised a SDA, and still hold thier teachings and philosophies to heart in my daily life. They were called a cult at first. Now they have churches in every country on the planet (including North Korea!). They build schools and hospitals. They are the healthiest sector of the American population, due to dietary habits. "Witness" effectively, as the Bible tells us to do, etc. Are we a cult as well? The JW were actually an off-shoot of the SDA's. Now Jim Jones - He lead a cult. I think there is quite a difference. I don't subscribe to alot of what the JW believe. But I am sure there are False Prophets right in your own congregation, Scott.

Back to topic, I love all the cool stories in the Bible. So I couldn't pick one book. But for pure spirituality, John 3:16 pretty much sums it up, if ya ask me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question For Bible Believing Christians   Question For Bible Believing Christians Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 1:11 pm

Romans Chapter's 6, 7, and 8 as they fully explain Justification By Faith!
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Question For Bible Believing Christians   Question For Bible Believing Christians Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 2:22 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
I really wish everyone would stop calling the JW "a cult". They have millions of members worldwide and do what they believe. Protestants were once called a cult and slaughtered for it. Then every Lutheran off-shoot was called a cult. I no longer believe in organized religion, as there is not one single branch that has it ALL right. I was raised a SDA, and still hold thier teachings and philosophies to heart in my daily life. They were called a cult at first. Now they have churches in every country on the planet (including North Korea!). They build schools and hospitals. They are the healthiest sector of the American population, due to dietary habits. "Witness" effectively, as the Bible tells us to do, etc. Are we a cult as well? The JW were actually an off-shoot of the SDA's. Now Jim Jones - He lead a cult. I think there is quite a difference. I don't subscribe to alot of what the JW believe. But I am sure there are False Prophets right in your own congregation, Scott.

Back to topic, I love all the cool stories in the Bible. So I couldn't pick one book. But for pure spirituality, John 3:16 pretty much sums it up, if ya ask me.
I won't assume to know your level of knowledge so forgive me if I state something elementary or basic. The definition of "cult" by standards of "the church" is false doctrine spinning off of the bible and the teachings of Christ and the addition to, taking away of the Holy Bible. On that premise alone, Kingdom Hall as well as the Mormon Church is a cult (not to be confused with occult). I’ve never heard nor have I ever thought that Seventh Day Adventists were a cult, primarily because they only have one bible, THE bible and believe in salvation only through Christ. The way they "live” is admirable, but not directly leading to salvation. Same applies to me as a Christian.

In the Greek (New Testament) the primary definition of “prophet” is primarily someone who can predict or foresee the future/prophesy for the advancement of the Kingdom, or declares revelations. So I doubt there are any false prophets sitting next to Scott in church. There might be individuals in all churches with false doctrine, but the two are totally different. Again that point has no relevance regardless. Lots of restaurants have bad service and bad food, but the restaurant down the street with good service and good food is not accountable for the crappy ones.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Question For Bible Believing Christians   Question For Bible Believing Christians Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 3:37 pm

Saxon - Those are some good points..........

T-Roy - that was a good post! Well and respectfully worded.

Answering the original posts' question. Too hard to pick one book although I generally love the Gospels because they are Christ's story and I love the pragmatic, sincere and love shown in Paul's words.

Favorite verse?

Mark 9:24 - Immediately the boy's father exclaimed, "I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!"

That's the Christian life in a nutshell, I believe. Always believing, or like Fox Mulder - wanting to believe - and all along also working and struggling to gain more and better faith.

There's a lot more to it of course, but that's the sweetened/condensed version of why I love that verse.

I BELIEVE! Help me with my unbelief!!

Last edited by scottmitchell74 on Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Question For Bible Believing Christians   Question For Bible Believing Christians Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 3:52 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:

I'm actually finding myself defending the JW before my other co-workers, and my wife. NOT their teachings, but the very element of believing. Many people have no clue what the JW really is, but see them as this cult that brain washes children, and shun their relatives that doesn't believe the same as them. Still there is so much more to them than popular belief will have you think. I actually respect their thirst for truth, and their willingness to sacrifice. BUT, I just cannot stand by the way they have monopoly on being right, regardless of how you show them the errors of their teachings. The fabricated answers are so easy to spot.

PostSubject: Re: Question For Bible Believing Christians   Question For Bible Believing Christians Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 4:47 pm

I may have missed it but what is the JW?

Also what do you guys think about the 'Word of Faith' movement among chrstians (ie Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland, Joel Osteen, among many others)?

EDIT Woops Jehovahs Witnesses just clicked.

Last edited by awillis50 on Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question For Bible Believing Christians   Question For Bible Believing Christians Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question For Bible Believing Christians
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next