Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Amy Winehouse

Go down 
+16
metalmaniac122
shamgar75
Mortuary
TheGooch
DallasBlack
White_Mage
Smindas
MetalGuy71
Wargod
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
Troublezone
Shiney
EvyMetal
scottmitchell74
rattpoison
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Amy Winehouse - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse   Amy Winehouse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 7:34 pm

She plays guitar on about half the tracks from her album Back To Black, although the guitars are used sparingly and are more of just one of many instruments that are used to contribute to the 'wall of sound' that soundtracks Amy's vocals.

But she writes her songs on guitar, and on the bonus edition of the album Back To Black she puts in two great performances with just her and the acoustic guitar on an acoustic version of "Some Unholy War" and stunning cover of Phil Spector's "To Know Him Is to Love Him".

Her last album used fab 60's soul rivivalist's the Dap-Kings (Sharon Jones's band) as the backing band that played on the album. Who are criminally overlooked for their contribution to the album whenever anyone talks about it.
Back to top Go down
metalmaniac122
Metal student
Metal student
metalmaniac122

Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse   Amy Winehouse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 1:46 pm

sick
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse   Amy Winehouse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 2:01 pm

She reminds me a lot of the old singers from like back in the 40/50's some songs when i hear them I kinda enjoy I really like her vocals.

But im not about to go buy her stuff lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse   Amy Winehouse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 5:03 pm

She'll be dead soon enough.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse   Amy Winehouse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 5:04 pm

Amy Winehouse - Page 3 Winehouse
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse   Amy Winehouse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 5:14 pm

that whole toothless look is so hot.....

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse   Amy Winehouse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 5:23 pm

Eyesore wrote:

That's one ugly woman!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse   Amy Winehouse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 5:37 pm

Eyesore wrote:

That's the funniest thing I have seen all week. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse   Amy Winehouse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 6:14 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

That's the funniest thing I have seen all week. Smile
Great. That's an Eyesore Original™️ and I posted it months ago on a fishing forum I post at. No one laughed. I'm not part of the "In Crowd" there, so I get ignored.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse   Amy Winehouse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 6:15 pm

They ain't nuthin' funny bout fishin', boy. *spit*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse   Amy Winehouse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 7:28 pm

Can't stand her music but was thinking, take her fishing and she'd scare them off.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse   Amy Winehouse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 7:31 pm

What little I've heard of her music wasn't too bad. Infinitely more tolerable than the pop crap we have in the US.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse   Amy Winehouse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 7:50 pm

I just clicked here to try and find out why it's here.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse   Amy Winehouse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 1:00 am

She's English...they're bound to have a few teeth missing.

I got a better picture from an music rag awards thingy.....

Amy Winehouse - Page 3 Iggy10

See i told ya Amy's cool. Talk about a rose between thorns...or is it the other way around?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse   Amy Winehouse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 10:36 am

I am huge Amy Winehouse fan, 'Frank" is one of the best debuts in the r&b/ soul genre in years, and unlike alot of modern r&b vocalist, she writes her own material.

" Back to Black' one of my favorite albums, sings with alot of soul and passion. It is too bad she gets more attention for the train wreckage of her lifestyle than her music.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse   Amy Winehouse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 2:45 pm

I love both records but i'm more fond of the '60's Girl Group' stylings of Back To Black to the more Jazzy Frank. The Shangri-Las like dirge of the song Back To Black is my fave.

Have you heard Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings? Most of the musicians that made up the 'Wall Of Sound' on Back To Black were the Dap Kings. Jones & The DK are incredible live and have cut some great soul records from the last few years.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse   Amy Winehouse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 2:58 pm

rattpoison wrote:
I love both records but i'm more fond of the '60's Girl Group' stylings of Back To Black to the more Jazzy Frank. The Shangri-Las like dirge of the song Back To Black is my fave.

Have you heard Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings? Most of the musicians that made up the 'Wall Of Sound' on Back To Black were the Dap Kings. Jones & The DK are incredible live and have cut some great soul records from the last few years.

I am not familiar with Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings, but if they played on "Back to Black" than I am interested. I agree with your point made on comparison between her two albums, but I confess til you mentioned the Shangri-La's influence on "Back to Black" that never entered my mind, but thinking back to some of the songs such as " Rehab" and " He Can Only Hold Her". When I listen to that album, especially first time I heard it, I had keep checking the copyright date make sure it was correct, it sounded like it was recorded in the 60's, since it was so organic sounding to me.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse   Amy Winehouse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 4:14 pm

Not to be a dancingthing here, but when I saw that this thread had been resurrected, I seriously thought it was gonna be a post that she died. I don't know what keeps her going.

Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse   Amy Winehouse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 5:44 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I seriously thought it was gonna be a post that she died. I don't know what keeps her going.

She feeds off her publicity.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse   Amy Winehouse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 5:45 pm

What the heck is that avatar ScoobyDoo?

That has "Primus" written all over it.

Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse   Amy Winehouse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 5:46 pm

It's a clay version of Jason from Home Movies. Never watch that show?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse   Amy Winehouse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 5:47 pm

Unless it's news or sports-related, I probably don't watch it.

Oh, one exception being "Judge Judy"; I love that show.

PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse   Amy Winehouse - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Amy Winehouse
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3