Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Avantasia - The Scarecrow

Go down 
+13
assault_attack
MetalRob331
GrandNational
Smindas
A Handful of Wayne
Wargod
tohostudios
exact33
scottmitchell74
Metal Misfit
DallasBlack
kmorg
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

Avantasia - The Scarecrow - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Scarecrow   Avantasia - The Scarecrow - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 10:18 pm

I gave up my hopes on Avantasia. I just doesn't grave me like Edguy or the first 2 albums from Avantasia.I hope he goes for an older sound on the next album
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Scarecrow   Avantasia - The Scarecrow - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 11:47 pm

I really have some hardcore catching up to do with Avantasia. I only have metal opera pt. 2 which I absolutely loved. And considering the majority of the posts concerning scarecrow, it seems like I will need to pick this one up too.

What do the lost in space albums sound like though? similar to the metal opera albums?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Scarecrow   Avantasia - The Scarecrow - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 12:39 am

Stender wrote:
I really have some hardcore catching up to do with Avantasia. I only have metal opera pt. 2 which I absolutely loved. And considering the majority of the posts concerning scarecrow, it seems like I will need to pick this one up too.

What do the lost in space albums sound like though? similar to the metal opera albums?
Scarecrow is really not like the first two albums. I'd say you need Metal Opera - Part 1, though. Scarecrow is a different kind of album. There are a few of those power metal anthems, but there's also some rock songs. It's not totally different from the first two, as those were the epic power metal albums people pretend they are, but this was definitely has a different sound.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Scarecrow   Avantasia - The Scarecrow - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 8:39 am

Just bought The Scarecrow today (I know, I took my time). Haven't had a chance to listen to it, but rest assured I'll have an opinion on it by this evening ;P

Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Scarecrow   Avantasia - The Scarecrow - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 10:26 am

I really like this album. My favorite songs are The Scarecrow, Shelter From the Rain, The Toy Master and Lost in Space. It was great to hear Kiske singing metal again and I think he still sounds great.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Scarecrow   Avantasia - The Scarecrow - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 4:41 pm

Oh wow, what an album. Good variety of metal and catchy rock songs. Quite a radical departure from the Metal Opera albums, but still enjoyable stuff. Going to be listening to this for a while, I know.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Scarecrow   Avantasia - The Scarecrow - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 4:29 pm

I picked this up during the final days of Circuit City. It was more-or-less a blind purchase. I know Tobias from Edguy, but never heard his solo works. I figured it was cheap, so I'd give it a shot.

I've lived with this for almost 3 weeks now and it's just not doing anything for me. The symphonic metal genre is definately not my cuppe tea. That song he sings with the girl sounds like it belongs in an off-off-off Broadway musical. The only song I kinda like is the Alice Cooper track, and really it's only because it's Alice Cooper.

I'll give the guy credit for such attempting (and succedding on some level I guess) such an ambitious project, but Andrew Lloyd Weber and metal don't mesh with me.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Scarecrow   Avantasia - The Scarecrow - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 5:57 pm

MG71 how can you not like the song The Scarecrow? It has everything a great rock song should have. Melody, great songwriting, killer vocals, and amazing music.

I love the song What Kind of Love amazing vocals by Amanda
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Scarecrow   Avantasia - The Scarecrow - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 9:08 pm

wow MG you couldnt find anything that you really liked on this album? I thought it was great from beginning to the end. This album though is a lot different from the first two that he did so maybe you would have liked those instead. To me though, I think the Scarecrow was the better album of Avantasia so far.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Scarecrow   Avantasia - The Scarecrow - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 11:36 am

There's some ok tunes on there, but overall, I find myself hitting the skip button too often. I'll probably put it on my computer so I can cherry pick the songs I like for my mp3 player, but as for the full cd, I just don't see myself listening to it much. Too much other music in my collection that I'd go to first and this would just be taking up valuable real estate on my already overcrowded racks.

I'll be putting this one in the trade/sell pile if anyone is interested.

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Scarecrow   Avantasia - The Scarecrow - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 11:41 am

I am interested, MG. Want that other Seventh Angel of mine?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Scarecrow   Avantasia - The Scarecrow - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 12:14 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
I am interested, MG. Want that other Seventh Angel of mine?

Sure. That's the one with demos and stuff, right? Expect a pm shortly.

EDIT: And away it goes. Avantasia found a new home in sunny Florida. sunny

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Scarecrow   Avantasia - The Scarecrow - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 1:16 pm

lmao! that was quick.

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Scarecrow   Avantasia - The Scarecrow - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 1:20 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
lmao! that was quick.

I said I, I said I don't mess around, son! Avantasia - The Scarecrow - Page 3 Foghorn-L-icon
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Scarecrow   Avantasia - The Scarecrow - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 1:46 pm

Easy come, easy go. I'd rather have something I know will get more spins on a weekly basis than something I'll only play as a soundtrack when I don my white half mask and role-play "Phantom of the Rock Opera" with my wife.

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Scarecrow   Avantasia - The Scarecrow - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Avantasia - The Scarecrow
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3