Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Avantasia - The Scarecrow

Go down 
+13
assault_attack
MetalRob331
GrandNational
Smindas
A Handful of Wayne
Wargod
tohostudios
exact33
scottmitchell74
Metal Misfit
DallasBlack
kmorg
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Avantasia - The Scarecrow - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Scarecrow   Avantasia - The Scarecrow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 7:37 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
The new album is awesome. I actually think it blows away the other ones esecially part 2. I cant think of the girls name right now but she sings one of the slower songs, she sounds almost exactly like Celine Dion but in a cool metal way.
Amanda Somerville. She first appeared on the Aina album a few years ago. She's got a great voice, and she's a cutie.

Avantasia - The Scarecrow - Page 2 L_3667167645ef5475394894b709493b5d

Avantasia - The Scarecrow - Page 2 L_5618a0da546a550d845d5bec985a543f

greedy
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Scarecrow   Avantasia - The Scarecrow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 7:39 pm

Yep thats her BOING... OPPS I meant BINGO!!!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Scarecrow   Avantasia - The Scarecrow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 7:41 pm

Helloooooo, nurse!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Scarecrow   Avantasia - The Scarecrow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 7:45 pm

Amanda Somerville always weirded me out slightly on that making of Aina DVD. When she details of how she came up with the plot, her rambling about hallucinations was strange. Fairly interesting though!

Anyway, I still need to pick this album yet. I've heard only good things about it, so I'll look in to it as soon as possible.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Scarecrow   Avantasia - The Scarecrow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 8:31 pm

Jeepers that's a hottie. And can sing, too! Genetic lottery!!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Scarecrow   Avantasia - The Scarecrow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 9:16 pm

I don't know how to stop playing it. I'm about to play it for the third time and will still have it as part of my playlist tonight. I can't remember the last time I've listened to one CD over an over again like this (probably Nightfall In Middle Earth-which was almost nine years ago). If I don't watch it, I might burn myself out on it-though not for long (this goes in my list of favorite albums ever).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Scarecrow   Avantasia - The Scarecrow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 9:20 pm

It's so funny. Here most people seem to love this album On metalreviews.com, most people say it's a steaming pile of poop.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Scarecrow   Avantasia - The Scarecrow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 9:21 pm

OK, I'll listen to this tomorrow. Can't wait to see if I fall on the "best of the year" or the "steaming pile" side of the fence.

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Scarecrow   Avantasia - The Scarecrow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 10:49 pm

I'm with DallasBlack. I'm purposly keeping it out of my player so I can give others a turn. It's great. If only Jorn would do this kind of material more!! To me Masterplan is still his best work (Allen/Lande close) because I think his vocals are best when he's growling or edgy a little.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Scarecrow   Avantasia - The Scarecrow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 3:52 pm

I sound like a broken record, but I can't get over how good this is.

I've loved the first two but neither kept me coming back for more like this one.

The tunes and the writing is great but it's the vocals that are making this one.

Everyone is spot-on.

It's early but if an album beats this one my jaw will snap off because The Scarecrow has it dropping...
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Scarecrow   Avantasia - The Scarecrow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 11:43 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I sound like a broken record, but I can't get over how good this is.

I've loved the first two but neither kept me coming back for more like this one.

The tunes and the writing is great but it's the vocals that are making this one.

Everyone is spot-on.

It's early but if an album beats this one my jaw will snap off because The Scarecrow has it dropping...

Here, here!!!! headbanger
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Scarecrow   Avantasia - The Scarecrow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 2:25 am

This is going to be on my next order.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Scarecrow   Avantasia - The Scarecrow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 8:04 am

Once again I'm in the minority. This disc just isn't memorable enough. I like Carry Me Over and the Alice Cooper track plus the title track has it's moments but overall, the melodies just don't stay with me.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Scarecrow   Avantasia - The Scarecrow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 1:24 pm

Eyesore wrote:

And yes, "The Scarecrow" is a brilliant tune. One the best songs I've ever heard, I think. Not kidding, either.

Couldn't of said it better myself. I just got the cd and when i heard this song i was blown away and got goosebumps..
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Scarecrow   Avantasia - The Scarecrow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 2:13 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

And yes, "The Scarecrow" is a brilliant tune. One the best songs I've ever heard, I think. Not kidding, either.

Couldn't of said it better myself. I just got the cd and when i heard this song i was blown away and got goosebumps..

Definatly a great tune. I happen to love the beautiful What Kind Of Love and Another Angel Down more though.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Scarecrow   Avantasia - The Scarecrow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 2:21 pm

I think the whole cd is brilliant. Amanda's voice is soooo good on this album as well. For some reason i wish Jorn was present in all the songs lol but thats just being greedy...
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Scarecrow   Avantasia - The Scarecrow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 2:27 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
I think the whole cd is brilliant. Amanda's voice is soooo good on this album as well. For some reason i wish Jorn was present in all the songs lol but thats just being greedy...

Right, right, ...and right (on whishing Jorn was present on all songs).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Scarecrow   Avantasia - The Scarecrow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 6:25 pm

Haha, funny that this thread has popped up, I've just put an order in for this album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Scarecrow   Avantasia - The Scarecrow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 7:32 pm

Tobias is also now working on the next Edguy album. Everyone is whining, saying they hope it's not like Rocket Ride. I hope it is like Rocket Ride. I love that album—except for "Trinidad," which is the worst song Tobias has ever written.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Scarecrow   Avantasia - The Scarecrow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 7:48 pm

[quote="spectrefate"]
DallasBlack wrote:
Tobias is the man, thats all I can say.

Tobias of blue man group fame, lol!
Avantasia - The Scarecrow - Page 2 Tobias_funke
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Scarecrow   Avantasia - The Scarecrow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 7:52 pm

...and it only took 2 months for someone to appreciate my joke. Smile
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Scarecrow   Avantasia - The Scarecrow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 7:53 pm

Quote :
except for "Trinidad," which is the worst song Tobias has ever written.

You nancy!

angry
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Scarecrow   Avantasia - The Scarecrow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 8:00 pm

I'd sell this CD for $8 if anyone wants it. It'll never see my CD player again. Sleep

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Scarecrow   Avantasia - The Scarecrow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 8:44 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :
except for "Trinidad," which is the worst song Tobias has ever written.
You nancy!

angry
You like that song? Man, that song literally angers me. I frickin' hate it! Haha.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Scarecrow   Avantasia - The Scarecrow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 8:56 pm

I know. We had this discussion a while back. For the exact reasons you hate it, it's one of my favorite songs. Not just Edguy, but anyone!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Scarecrow   Avantasia - The Scarecrow - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Avantasia - The Scarecrow
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next