Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wal-Mart Score

Go down 
+9
Tall Tyrion
Am I Evil?
Fat Freddy
manny
Troublezone
spiritoradio
Stender
A Handful of Wayne
QuothTheRaven
13 posters
AuthorMessage
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

Wal-Mart Score Empty
PostSubject: Wal-Mart Score   Wal-Mart Score Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 9:57 pm

As most of you know, Wal-Mart and other similar stores, is not usually the place to find the kind of music that most of us collect. But every once in a while, amongst the weak greatest hits packages and mainstream garbage, there are random surprises. Case in point, the other day, I found Heart's Dog and Butterfly and Cheap Trick at Budokan for $5 each. At the same store, they also had Iced Earth's Crucible of Man. I already had that so I did not purchase it. I also picked up Doobie Bros. Toulouse Street at a Wal-Mart. Has anyone else ever found something completely unexpected at a Wal-Mart or Target?
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Wal-Mart Score Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wal-Mart Score   Wal-Mart Score Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 11:50 pm

Ive seen Type O Negative at Target and I believe I picked up King Diamond The Eye in Wal Mart yeaaaaaaaaaaaars ago. Ive also seen Paradise lost Draconian Times way back when it came out in wal mart as well. Sometimes there are surprises but its rare that I ever buy anything from there unless its the only place to get it from.

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Wal-Mart Score Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wal-Mart Score   Wal-Mart Score Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 11:53 pm

I didnt buy it, but I was definately unexpected to see Moxy's s/t album at a fred meyers rock/pop music section one time.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

Wal-Mart Score Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wal-Mart Score   Wal-Mart Score Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 12:58 am

I've bought a few Journey cds at Wal-Mart that were $5. I've also noticed that a lot of the Columbia remasters discs by bands like Cheap Trick and Rhino Flashback albums by the Doobie Brothers are dirt cheap right now and that is awesome.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Wal-Mart Score Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wal-Mart Score   Wal-Mart Score Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 3:47 am

I've seen Mortification's "first 5 years" album at walmart a long time ago and recently Journey's first album and Skid Row's Slave to the Grind.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Wal-Mart Score Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wal-Mart Score   Wal-Mart Score Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 8:03 am

I bought a few Journey CD's for $5, Elvis Presley, Cheap Trick and few other cheapies.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Wal-Mart Score Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wal-Mart Score   Wal-Mart Score Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 11:45 am

A couple of years ago I was surprised to find Iced Earth's then-current SOMETHING WICKED PART ONE at Wal-Mart. I didn't think they stocked anything that wasn't on a major label.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Wal-Mart Score Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wal-Mart Score   Wal-Mart Score Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 11:23 am

I saw Dream Theater's Octavarium at a WalMart when it was current. That was a true WTF moment. I also just found Alice Cooper's Along Came A Spider at yet another WalMart, though that being his current album it makes a little more sense.
Back to top Go down
Am I Evil?
Metal student
Metal student
Am I Evil?

Number of posts : 239

Wal-Mart Score Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wal-Mart Score   Wal-Mart Score Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 11:25 am

I found all the ac/dc albums.Wouldn't buy music from there.They censor.Can't not hear big balls best song on that album.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Wal-Mart Score Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wal-Mart Score   Wal-Mart Score Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 12:40 pm

Am I Evil? wrote:
I found all the ac/dc albums.Wouldn't buy music from there.They censor.Can't not hear big balls best song on that album.

Good news Am I Evil?, AC/DC's albums at Walmart have not been altered from their original release.
Back to top Go down
Am I Evil?
Metal student
Metal student
Am I Evil?

Wal-Mart Score Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wal-Mart Score   Wal-Mart Score Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 12:47 pm

manny wrote:
Am I Evil? wrote:

Good news Am I Evil?, AC/DC's albums at Walmart have not been altered from their original release.
they arn't?sweet i'll buy it
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

Wal-Mart Score Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wal-Mart Score   Wal-Mart Score Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 9:24 pm

I discovered Bride's "Snake's in the Playground" at WalMart when it was a new release. I was very happy with that purchase. 🤘
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Wal-Mart Score Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wal-Mart Score   Wal-Mart Score Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 10:21 pm

WalMart had some kind of deal with AC/DC on their Black Ice release and as a result, much of their back catalog has been stocked in stores. Most of the Led Zep, Metallica, and Aerosmith (at least post-80s) catalogs are readily available, too.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

Wal-Mart Score Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wal-Mart Score   Wal-Mart Score Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 12:11 am

When I was in high school, I saw King Diamond's Them at my local Wal-Mart. I've also seen Testament, Flotsam & Jetsam, Prong, WASP and few others. I picked up a Iron Maiden tribute record from thier.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2

Wal-Mart Score Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wal-Mart Score   Wal-Mart Score Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 1:12 am

I am proud to say that I've never bought a single CD at Wal-Mart.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

Wal-Mart Score Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wal-Mart Score   Wal-Mart Score Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 7:27 am

detuned wrote:
Well somebody give this man a cookie. Oatmeal or peanut butter? Your choice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Wal-Mart Score Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wal-Mart Score   Wal-Mart Score Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 7:31 am

Quote :
I discovered Bride's "Snake's in the Playground" at WalMart when it was a new release. I was very happy with that purchase. 🤘

That's a pleasant surprise. I for one have nevery been pleasantly surprised by Wal Mart's cd selection, however I live in West Texas.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

Wal-Mart Score Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wal-Mart Score   Wal-Mart Score Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 9:10 am

detuned wrote:

Only boxed sets? scratch
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Wal-Mart Score Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wal-Mart Score   Wal-Mart Score Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 10:07 am

I've picked up a cd or 2 here and there, but I've never found anything worth crowing about. I've always found their selection of music sub-par at best. However in their defense, I only started shopping at Walmart about 3 or 4 years ago. Maybe their selection was better "back in the day". don\'t know

Wal-Mart Score Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wal-Mart Score   Wal-Mart Score Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 10:09 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:
detuned wrote:

Only boxed sets? scratch

Nada. Zip. None. The only time I would ever shop at Big Brother..er..I mean Wal-Mart, is if there was no other store in existence.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Wal-Mart Score Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wal-Mart Score   Wal-Mart Score Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 10:31 am

Dont ever recall buying from there, but I did steal a few before Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

Wal-Mart Score Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wal-Mart Score   Wal-Mart Score Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 10:49 am

DeathCult wrote:
Dont ever recall buying from there, but I did steal a few before Very Happy

\'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Wal-Mart Score Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wal-Mart Score   Wal-Mart Score Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 11:09 am

I have picked a few CD's and concert DVD's but nothing spectular, just cheap. Usually it is Journey, Boston and other CD's in their cheap bin.

Never seen Mercyful Fate or King Diamond sold at Walmart. Heaviest bands I have seen sold their are Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Metallica and Megadeth, all platinum acts.
Back to top Go down
Am I Evil?
Metal student
Metal student
Am I Evil?

Wal-Mart Score Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wal-Mart Score   Wal-Mart Score Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 5:03 pm

I don't buy cd's unless from a underground band that needs money
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wal-Mart Score Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wal-Mart Score   Wal-Mart Score Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wal-Mart Score
Page 1 of 1