Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Country Music *spit*

Go down 
+22
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
rattpoison
tohostudios
SAHB Healer
Jedilink
MetalRob331
Wargod
EvyMetal
White_Mage
stepcousin
Required Fields
DallasBlack
Hamer12
T-Roy
Shiney
DeathCult
TheGooch
Mglaffas81
Thrasher73
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Country Music *spit* - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 9:44 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
My wife LOVES Garth Brooks...she also listens to most of the "new pop country" stuff (Gretchen Wilson, Trace Adkins, Carrie Underwood, etc., etc.) so I hear tons of it.

My wife listens to country as well. She's driving me nuts with Sugarland right now, as she just saw them in concert a couple weeks ago.

Did you go to see Sugarland with her? Laughing

Seriously, I took my wife to see Alan Jackson and Martina McBride about five years ago, I got a pair of comp tickets from the newspaper I work for. I actually enjoyed myself more than I thought I would. Although when we left and my wife asked "What did you think of the show?" I sez "It was OK, but it could've used a couple of explosions, some shredding guitar solos, one or two stage divers, and a mosh pit." Laughing

No. My wife doesn't like when I attend country concerts with her as I tend to nit pick and make fun of the music, performance, etc. We saw Tracy Byrd, (I think that was his name) and I made a comment, "is this guys feet stapled to the floor" because they guy didn't freakin' move. It's been a point of contention ever since. LOL!

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 4:19 am

Waylon Jennings owns the world.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 5:43 am

old school county and 80's/90's bands/artists that play old school country. No radio country, girly country, or love song country. Country with a rock leaning.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 10:37 pm

Sara Evans is the only Country artist I listen to. Beautiful voice, beautiful woman. Peace.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 11:00 pm

ultmetal wrote:

No. My wife doesn't like when I attend country concerts with her as I tend to nit pick and make fun of the music, performance, etc. We saw Tracy Byrd, (I think that was his name) and I made a comment, "is this guys feet stapled to the floor" because they guy didn't freakin' move. It's been a point of contention ever since. LOL!

I had similar sentiments about Alan Jackson. The dude just stood at his microphone at center stage, strummed his guitar, and sang. Never moved from that spot. He did have an impressive light show and a big video screen at the back of the stage, though, which I guess was meant to distract us from the fact that Alan and his band didn't have much going on visually.

During the show a couple of cameramen would come out every so often and prowl around the stage, aiming cameras into the audience, and those audience shots would go up on the big screen behind the band. Every time one of 'em passed by my section I would stand up and make the "METAL!" devil-horn hand sign in the hopes of seeing myself projected up there three stories tall giving the horns but no such luck. Sigh. Sad

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 8:53 am

here a great unknown feller....He was actually local but moved North a bit but i love his style and he's a great artist who definitely embodies a spirit from days gone by....Anyone here who has ever gotten a mix disc from me has probably heard his tune, "Post Mortem Bar", it's a favorite of mine....

Check into him....

http://www.myspace.com/thehillbillymadman

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Mortuary

Number of posts : 498

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 11:43 pm

I'm not into country music.
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 9:11 pm

sick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Country Music *spit*
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3