Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Country Music *spit*

Go down 
+22
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
rattpoison
tohostudios
SAHB Healer
Jedilink
MetalRob331
Wargod
EvyMetal
White_Mage
stepcousin
Required Fields
DallasBlack
Hamer12
T-Roy
Shiney
DeathCult
TheGooch
Mglaffas81
Thrasher73
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Country Music *spit* Empty
PostSubject: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 9:02 am

Famous Last Words: Who likes country music here? Favorites?

My West Virginia upbringing makes this inevitable.

I like a few artists. Garth Brooks and Suzy Bogguss are my favorites. I also love old school country like Hank Williams, Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings.

The new pop country crap is just that in my book. Manufactured image with no substance.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 9:23 am

My wife LOVES Garth Brooks...she also listens to most of the "new pop country" stuff (Gretchen Wilson, Trace Adkins, Carrie Underwood, etc., etc.) so I hear tons of it. It doesn't bother me. (It could be worse, she could listen to rap!) I kinda like some of the more "rockin'" current stuff (i.e. Gretchen, Trace, Big & Rich) ... I wouldn't mind seeing Big & Rich in concert if they came thru this area, judging from their videos (which are full of stuff blowin' up, hot chicks running around, midgets, guns going off, etc.) they look like they'd be one hella funny live show!

I took my wife to see Alan Jackson and Martina McBride a few years back and enjoyed the show a lot more than I expected to. That scored me a few husbandly brownie points. Laughing

Surprisingly, my wife seems to the the lone female country music fan who is immune to the music of Rascal Flatts. Not that I'm complaining (because they suck!), but it's just a surprise. When they first came out I figured they were right up her alley, but whenever one of their songs comes on she sez "I HATE these guys, they're such candy asses!" Haha!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 9:28 am

Is your wife hot? lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 9:30 am

spectrefate wrote:
Is your wife hot? lol!

I married her didn't I??

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 9:34 am

Good point.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 9:44 am

Old stuff, Honkey Tonk (Hank Sr.) and bluegrass. Modern country (around 82-84 and following) sucks wretchedly...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 9:49 am

By the way:
Pound for pound, the video for the Dixie Chicks' "Goodbye Earl" is one of the funniest damn things ever filmed.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 10:04 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
By the way:
Pound for pound, the video for the Dixie Chicks' "Goodbye Earl" is one of the funniest damn things ever filmed.

Yes I like that as well. Smile
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 10:39 am

I like Johhny Cash,Hank Williams,and alot of Bluegrass.Actually Bluegrass would be my favorite next to metal.I guess being a life-long Kentucky resident will do that to ya.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 10:45 am

Johnny Cash rules - All though, I would not concider him all-the-way country.

Fat Freddy - Does your wife ever view this site? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 10:57 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:

Fat Freddy - Does your wife ever view this site? Shocked

Of course not. She's SO not metal.

Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 11:21 am

No - country is very underground here seing as there is very little country at all lol!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 12:19 pm

Johnny Rebel Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 12:38 pm

Very little new country that I can stand...

MONTGOMERY GENTRY are kinda alright, GRETCHEN WILSON and RYAN BINGHAM...

I stick to the old guard:

HANK WILLIAMS
WILLIE NELSON
FARON YOUNG
WAYLON JENNINGS
RAY PRICE
GEORGE JONE
PATSY CLINE
LORETTA LYNN
JAMES HAND
MERLE HAGGARD

and I love bluegrass old and new....BANJOS ROCK!!!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 1:27 pm

MONTGOMERY GENTRY
JOHNNY CASH
BLAKE SHELTON
TRACE ADKINS
CHARLIE DANIELS
BIG N RICH
SUGARLAND
THE WRECKERS
LONESTAR
AARON TIPPIN
ALAN JACKSON
PIRATES OF THE MISSSISSIPPI
SAWYER BROWN
ALABAMA
JO DEE MESSINA
MARTY STUART
BRAD PAISLEY
BLACKHAWK
MCBRIDE AND THE RIDE
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 1:30 pm

and maybe my all-time favorite country song:
Old Hippy - THE BELLAMY BROTHERS
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 1:31 pm

T-Roy wrote:
MONTGOMERY GENTRY
JOHNNY CASH
BLAKE SHELTON
TRACE ADKINS
CHARLIE DANIELS
BIG N RICH
SUGARLAND
THE WRECKERS
LONESTAR
AARON TIPPIN
ALAN JACKSON
PIRATES OF THE MISSSISSIPPI
SAWYER BROWN
ALABAMA
JO DEE MESSINA
MARTY STUART
BRAD PAISLEY
BLACKHAWK
MCBRIDE AND THE RIDE

Minus the Johnny Cash and Charlie Daniels, that looks like my wife's entire CD collection, right there. Yeeeee haw.

Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 1:32 pm

SO, DID YOU JUST CALL ME A GIRL?! :kickbutt:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 1:42 pm

T-Roy wrote:

Ditch the facial hair and get me a couple bottles of Boone's Farm, you may even start LOOKING like a girl. Smile
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 1:44 pm

Hank 3 , Shooter Jennings, Unknown Hinson, & pretty much all up tempo bluegrass. Bluegrass is the metal of country music, some of those cats can SHRED.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 1:44 pm

**why is that bald dude over in the corner staring at me like that**
*feals weird, makes sure to "sit" at all times*
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 2:33 pm

Anything Young Country and after (except alternative country) gets me sick .

I prefer older stuff and 80s. Some favs:

The Highway Men
Johnny Cash
Johhny Horton
Steve Earl
Charlie Daniels
Willie Nelson
Kenny Rogers
Ronnie Milsap
The Lost Dogs (alternative country)
Mac Davis
Marty Robbins
Jimmy Buffet (not quite country but he does have an escence of it and he did start with it)
Elvis Presley (ditto)
Alabama

There are more that I don't know by name or can't remember. I didn't include anybody considered southern rock (except Charlie Daniels and Steve Earl though they sit comfortably in between both) but there are some that border on country that I like (CCR for example).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 2:42 pm

T-Roy wrote:

Drop the lawsuit you threatened me with in the KISS thread I started today, and we'll call it a draw.

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 3:39 pm

The only country I can stand is Johnny Cash. However, maybe if I check out some more old time stuff, I might find some more I can stomach.

However, country in general is beyond awful.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 7:29 pm

I like country alot, although I havent listened to it much lately. I do like it alot during the summertime, when I'm outdoors fishing and stuff. I dunno, it's just the way I feel, I dont expect anyone else to understand and thats ok with me.

I hate the new stuff, I dig the old school, more bar band type, not crying-in-my-beer-cuz-she-left-me crap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Country Music *spit*
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next