Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Country Music *spit*

Go down 
+22
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
rattpoison
tohostudios
SAHB Healer
Jedilink
MetalRob331
Wargod
EvyMetal
White_Mage
stepcousin
Required Fields
DallasBlack
Hamer12
T-Roy
Shiney
DeathCult
TheGooch
Mglaffas81
Thrasher73
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

Country Music *spit* - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 7:35 pm

Johhny Cash Is'nt bad I have enjoyed some his stuff

Country Music nowadays is awful sick . At least back in the day they had good guitar players the concept of chicken-picking seems to have died
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 7:47 pm

I like: Johnny Cahs
Big & Rich
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 7:47 pm

There was a period of 5 years in the 80's where I lived, loved, breathed cuntry. Today however not a fan at all, although I do like Kentucky Headhunters, Pirates Of The Mississippi.................More obscure cuntry. And Steve Earle!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 3:39 am

Wargod48 wrote:
cuntry

intentional? lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 9:06 am

EvyMetal wrote:
Wargod48 wrote:
cuntry

intentional? lol!

Ya THINK?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 9:09 am

Keith Whitley
Ronnie Milsap
Dixie Chicks
Brad Paisley
Lonestar

thosre are some of my favorites
Back to top Go down
Jedilink
Metal student
Metal student
Jedilink

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 1:10 am

Haha. Unknown Hinson. Razz I LOVE Squidbillies. He writes some funny songs too. Razz And that man can play a guitar now!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jedilink

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 3:46 pm

Figured I'd resurrect this thread because I'm sure the new kids would love to participate. Smile

BTW, I'm listening to Travis Tritt's It's All About to Change album right now. Smile
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 9:08 pm

RYAN BINGHAM....an awesome fresh voice on the country scene...

and the FELICE BROTHERS would fit there as well...maybe...

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 9:43 pm

The only country I ever liked was Jimmie Dale Gilmore. Otherwise Southern Rock is as close as I get. I love that (especially Texas Rock).
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 9:53 pm

The only country I like is "cowpunk"

Stuff like:

Georgia Satellites
Jason and the Scorchers
The Long Ryders

and non-cowpunk stuff like:

Charlie Daniels Band (some)
Marshall Tucker Band

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 2:53 am

No doubt young Ryan Bingham is a class act, his weathered and experienced voice and words totally belies his age and would be expected from a man twice his age. I believe everything he says, his been through it all at the age of 25. He kinda reminds me of Guy Clark and his latest record was produced by Black Crowe Marc Ford.

Ryan Bingham - Bread And Water
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmXdWOG0dTw

Country has always been relevant but it seems in the last 5-10 years there has been a 'golden period' of sorts, so many great new relevant artists/bands that say no to over produced Nashville schlock in favor for something real. I blame Paul Westerberg partly for this Laughing .

Ole George Jones and Merle Haggard are two favourites of mine from the old guard.

And Gram Parsons and Townes Van Zant are beyond any superlative i throw at them. Everyone needs to hear Gram and Townes once in their lives.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 8:31 am

Amen, Brother RATT, Amen!!!

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 9:03 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
My wife LOVES Garth Brooks...she also listens to most of the "new pop country" stuff (Gretchen Wilson, Trace Adkins, Carrie Underwood, etc., etc.) so I hear tons of it.

My wife listens to country as well. She's driving me nuts with Sugarland right now, as she just saw them in concert a couple weeks ago.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 9:49 am

ultmetal wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
My wife LOVES Garth Brooks...she also listens to most of the "new pop country" stuff (Gretchen Wilson, Trace Adkins, Carrie Underwood, etc., etc.) so I hear tons of it.

My wife listens to country as well. She's driving me nuts with Sugarland right now, as she just saw them in concert a couple weeks ago.

Did you go to see Sugarland with her? Laughing

Seriously, I took my wife to see Alan Jackson and Martina McBride about five years ago, I got a pair of comp tickets from the newspaper I work for. I actually enjoyed myself more than I thought I would. Although when we left and my wife asked "What did you think of the show?" I sez "It was OK, but it could've used a couple of explosions, some shredding guitar solos, one or two stage divers, and a mosh pit." Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri May 23, 2008 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 10:00 am

I ain't much of a counrty fan other than Johnny Cash and occasionally some Junior Brown on the guit-steele, but this seem like an appropriate thread to point out to that Shania Twain is apparently back on the market. Mutt couldn't keep it in his pants. Good luck fellas.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 10:02 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Shania Twain is apparently back on the market. Mutt couldn't keep it in his pants.

Proof positive that Mutt Lange is an idiot. He's married to one of the hottest women in the WORLD and yet he's out doggin' around on her?? What a dumb a$$!!

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri May 23, 2008 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 10:03 am

I second FF's opinion. Why would you cheat on someone who looks like that????

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 10:10 am

tohostudios wrote:
I second FF's opinion. Why would you cheat on someone who looks like that????

Hot looks aren't everything. When a girl is that pretty and she's used to guys fawning over her all her life, she may develop an attitude towards doing certain things, if you catch my drift. Let us not forget the Hugh Grant story. He was with smoking hot Elizabeth Hurly, but still went to a cheap hooker. Not saying it's right, not saying it's wrong. But let's not tear Mutt apart just yet.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 10:12 am

Yeah, I guess.

Out of curiosity, I looked up her bio. I can't believe she's almost 43.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 11:12 am

I have really gotten into alternative country lately (for many years now if you count The Lost Dogs). I am liking Shooter Jennings (son of Waylon Jennings), Cross Canadian Ragweed, and others who's names allude me. One of the stations over hear plays alt. country, southern rock, and other southern tinged classic rock (Tom Petty, The Eagles, Dire Straits, etc.) and it is the only music station on the radio I really listen to.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 3:48 pm

The closest I'll ever get to Country: Lemmy wears a cowboy hat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 5:01 pm

I have been a huge Cash fan since I was about 5 because of A Boy Named Sue. I can listen to Waylon ok and the occassional Toby Keith. I took my wife to TK and he had the solos and the pyro, almost like an 80's show with twang. Some of these guys can really play, Brad Paisley has a great Telecaster and can shred but groups like Rascal Flats make me ill. That said, most country bores me after a couple songs.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 8:15 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
I have been a huge Cash fan since I was about 5 because of A Boy Named Sue. I can listen to Waylon ok and the occassional Toby Keith. I took my wife to TK and he had the solos and the pyro, almost like an 80's show with twang. Some of these guys can really play, Brad Paisley has a great Telecaster and can shred but groups like Rascal Flats make me ill. That said, most country bores me after a couple songs.

Rascal Flats= Country Music *spit* - Page 2 288219

Most country (especially modern or young country) annoys the living hell out of me. Old school like Cash, Daniels, Jennings, Oakridge Boys, and others I like due to me hearing them a lot while I was growing up and alternative country because it has more in common with southern rock.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 9:42 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Hot looks aren't everything.

Amen to that. Most of the time, the super-hotties are also super-female dogs. There are exceptions, of course, but still.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Country Music *spit*   Country Music *spit* - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Country Music *spit*
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next