Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The future of Dio

Go down 
+11
Mglaffas81
Fat Freddy
TheGooch
ensiferum2k
mc666
jstate
MetalGuy71
scottmitchell74
nevermore
Temple of Blood
mez
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

The future of Dio Empty
PostSubject: The future of Dio   The future of Dio Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 4:55 pm

Has anyone heard RJD mention anything concerning the future of Dio?

I am such a selfish person, that I want RJD to be around forever making music. I know he has the new Heaven and Hell album being made, but does he plan to continue to work on Dio after that, the guy is pushing almnost 66 years old now.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

The future of Dio Empty
PostSubject: Re: The future of Dio   The future of Dio Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 5:13 pm

He's like 65 years old so let's just enjoy it while it lasts.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25855

The future of Dio Empty
PostSubject: Re: The future of Dio   The future of Dio Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 5:27 pm

The last I had heard was he was going to the new Heaven And Hell album and then get back to work with Dio.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

The future of Dio Empty
PostSubject: Re: The future of Dio   The future of Dio Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 5:34 pm

I promised my kiddo she could go to see him if he's still alive and rockin' when she's 10. SO, 2 1/2 years to go, Dio!! 🤘
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

The future of Dio Empty
PostSubject: Re: The future of Dio   The future of Dio Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 5:42 pm

Pure speculation on my part, but Dio doesn't seem to be the type of guy to just sit back and retire. I would imagine that little guy will just keep churning out music as long as people keep buying them, whether it's for Dio (the band), Sabbath or just taking on guest spots on other peoples albums.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

The future of Dio Empty
PostSubject: Re: The future of Dio   The future of Dio Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 6:26 pm

It's weird to think....but some of our original metal "gods" will be pushing or hitting 70!!! Soon! Can you imagine in 10 years a mid-70's Dio still belting them out?!?!

It'll be interesting to watch this play out.....
Back to top Go down

The future of Dio Empty
PostSubject: Re: The future of Dio   The future of Dio Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 6:33 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
It's weird to think....but some of our original metal "gods" will be pushing or hitting 70!!! Soon! Can you imagine in 10 years a mid-70's Dio still belting them out?!?!

It'll be interesting to watch this play out.....

In 10 years a lot of our Metal God will be dead...! Shocked
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

The future of Dio Empty
PostSubject: Re: The future of Dio   The future of Dio Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 6:42 pm

Ace Frehley... you have now depressed me!!! LOL!!!
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

The future of Dio Empty
PostSubject: Re: The future of Dio   The future of Dio Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 7:22 pm

RJD has always seemed ageless to me. Somehow I think he has many, many more years of metal ahead of him.
Back to top Go down

The future of Dio Empty
PostSubject: Re: The future of Dio   The future of Dio Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 8:16 pm

RJD in 10 more years...

The future of Dio Yoda
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

The future of Dio Empty
PostSubject: Re: The future of Dio   The future of Dio Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 1:13 am

the music will out live the man. that's good enough for me.

ensiferum2k
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ensiferum2k

Number of posts : 340

The future of Dio Empty
PostSubject: Re: The future of Dio   The future of Dio Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 1:14 am

10 years from now ronnie will be 5 inches shorter...so that would make him how tall?
Back to top Go down

The future of Dio Empty
PostSubject: Re: The future of Dio   The future of Dio Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 1:25 am

Dio keeps himself healthy. Barring any sort of unforseen ailment (heart attack, etc.), I imagine he'll be doing music well into the final twilight of his life. He initially said that he wasn't going to do a Heaven and Hell album, that he wanted to finish up the second and third Magica albums. But that was before the Heaven And Hell tour, and by all accounts the band got on great and had a blast. They sure did sound pretty awesome!

I'm sure the money played a key role, but at this point I think Dio has enough integrity to not do something like this solely for the money. I imagine in about two years Dio will start on his next solo album.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

The future of Dio Empty
PostSubject: Re: The future of Dio   The future of Dio Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 7:19 am

lets just hope the new heaven and hell album is up to scratch although IMO i think it may nod to dehumanizer rather than heaven and hell soundwise at least

the noe time i saw dio live he really gave it everything so i cant see him retiring
Back to top Go down

The future of Dio Empty
PostSubject: Re: The future of Dio   The future of Dio Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 9:00 am

If the new H&H album is anything like the 3 new songs on the comp, it will be amazing!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

The future of Dio Empty
PostSubject: Re: The future of Dio   The future of Dio Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 9:15 am

I believe Dio keeps himself youthful by cryogenically freezing himself in between projects. When it's time for a new Dio or Heaven and Hell album, then Wendy just goes down to the basement and thaws him out.

If he keeps that regimen up he'll be around for another 40 years at least. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

The future of Dio Empty
PostSubject: Re: The future of Dio   The future of Dio Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 9:19 am

I wouldn't call him "youthful" at all...he looks his age...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

The future of Dio Empty
PostSubject: Re: The future of Dio   The future of Dio Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 9:25 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

True, but his voice is ageless and that's the important thing!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

The future of Dio Empty
PostSubject: Re: The future of Dio   The future of Dio Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 9:28 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

True, but his voice is ageless and that's the important thing!!

Absolutely...he sounds just as strong on "Live At Radio City" as he does on "Rising"... 🤘
Back to top Go down

The future of Dio Empty
PostSubject: Re: The future of Dio   The future of Dio Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 9:31 am

I love Dio, but he sounded congested on the Live At Radio City gig. Maybe it was an off night.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

The future of Dio Empty
PostSubject: Re: The future of Dio   The future of Dio Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 9:32 am

Haven't heard the Live @ Radio City gig but he still sounded phenomenal on the live DVD he did @ Roseland during the KILLING THE DRAGON tour...

Back to top Go down

The future of Dio Empty
PostSubject: Re: The future of Dio   The future of Dio Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 9:44 am

spectrefate wrote:
I love Dio, but he sounded congested on the Live At Radio City gig. Maybe it was an off night.

Off night?? You gotta be kidding! Laughing very hard He was fantastic on the DVD! I'm sure some of it was touched up, but still...he killed!
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

The future of Dio Empty
PostSubject: Re: The future of Dio   The future of Dio Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 10:36 am

Dio still sings really good live - but I'd say that he sings some songs amazingly well, while others do not sound as great. For example, Neon Nights - He sounds tired and breathless at times and cannot hold the tunes as long, but I cannot blame him, as he is around 66 years Old - While, for example, the Mob Rules sound as good as ever.

- While Ronnie sounds like he has always done, there is still this little thing, even on the album versions, that show his age - You can just hear that it is a pretty old guy singing - None the less, he still sounds great.

Long Live Ronnie James Dio - The Grandfather of Heavy Metal! 🤘
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

The future of Dio Empty
PostSubject: Re: The future of Dio   The future of Dio Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 11:10 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:
Dio still sings really good live - but I'd say that he sings some songs amazingly well, while others do not sound as great. For example, Neon Nights - He sounds tired and breathless at times and cannot hold the tunes as long, but I cannot blame him, as he is around 66 years Old - While, for example, the Mob Rules sound as good as ever.

- While Ronnie sounds like he has always done, there is still this little thing, even on the album versions, that show his age - You can just hear that it is a pretty old guy singing - None the less, he still sounds great.

i must say he sounded good on neon knights. he even pointed at me becuase i was singing along which was cool. that gig was probably my favourite ever
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

The future of Dio Empty
PostSubject: Re: The future of Dio   The future of Dio Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 11:25 am

TheGooch wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

i must say he sounded good on neon knights. he even pointed at me becuase i was singing along which was cool. that gig was probably my favourite ever

That's great. I was just judging out of the performance on the CD - Maybe he just didn't sound that great in that Neon Nights performance. He still rules, of course 🤘
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The future of Dio Empty
PostSubject: Re: The future of Dio   The future of Dio Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The future of Dio
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next