Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cars of the future.

Go down 
+17
snooloui
SlaytanicPOWER
exact33
Stender
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Hamer12
Olafsto
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
Addy
Orion Crystal Ice
XYZ
Jesusandmetal23
Metallic Blaze
T-Roy
Troublezone
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Cars of the future. Empty
PostSubject: Cars of the future.   Cars of the future. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 6:37 pm

Can't wait to drive one of these down the road blasting some thrash or death metal... Cars of the future. Icon_lol

I swear, cars are getting more and more lame...

GM unveils three futuristic, urban EN-V concepts

Cars of the future. Envconceptsgm

GM EN-V concepts – Click above for high-res image gallery

Today General Motors unveiled a trio of EN-V concepts that showcase the automaker's idea for a new global, urban mobility vehicle. Developed in conjunction with its partner in China, Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp., the EN-V concepts build on last year's P.U.M.A. project that was developed with help from the balancing-on-two-wheels experts at Segway. Each of the three EN-Vs, which stands for Electric Networked-Vehicle, sports a different design. Why three? The various shapes demonstrate the flexibility of the electric drivetrain and are supposed to express three different characteristics: Jiao (Pride), Miao (Magic) and Xiao (Laugh). Jiao (the bubbly blue one) was designed in Austrlia by Holden, Miao (the blocky black one) was designed at GM's studio in California and Xiao (the streaky red one) was designed in Europe.

The EN-V concepts are GM's solution for the congested urban centers in which we're all likely to live by 2030. Their all-electric, two-wheel drivetrains take care of the emissions problem. They're also fitted with the latest GPS, vehicle-to-vehicle connectivity and an array of sensors and cameras that allow fully autonomous driving. The effect of all this tech is less congestion on city roads and the virtual elimination of accidents. Zero emissions, zero traffic jams and zero accidents – the future's looking bright!

Lithium ion batteries will take each EN-V up to 40 miles on a charge, which isn't that hard considering they only weigh 1,100 pounds. And since they're each less than five feet long, up to five times more of them can fit in a parking lot than your average car of today. Do they look as fun to drive as a Porsche Cayman? No, but driving a Porsche Cayman in a congested city center isn't all that much fun anyway. If we all end up living on top of each other, these little electric runabouts might be the best way to go.

The EN-Vs will be on display at the SAIC-GM Pavilion at the World Expo in Shanghai beginning in May. Feel free to follow the jump for GM's official press release that talks more about what our crowded future will look like and how the EN-V will help.

Last edited by Troublezone on Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Cars of the future.   Cars of the future. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 6:38 pm

LAME!!!!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Cars of the future.   Cars of the future. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 6:41 pm

BOOOO!!!!

Cars of the future. 308838
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: Cars of the future.   Cars of the future. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 6:47 pm

Looks pretty dangerous to me.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Cars of the future.   Cars of the future. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 6:58 pm

So, are we all going to be Asian then too?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Cars of the future.   Cars of the future. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 6:58 pm

Jesusandmetal23 wrote:

Someone could literally tip the thing over as you're trying to get away... Cars of the future. 201269
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Cars of the future.   Cars of the future. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 7:00 pm

What are the ones for extra large people gonna look like?? Cars of the future. Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Cars of the future.   Cars of the future. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 7:01 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Jesusandmetal23 wrote:

Someone could literally tip the thing over as you're trying to get away... Cars of the future. 201269

Cars of the future. Lmao-3364
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Cars of the future.   Cars of the future. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 7:05 pm

They look like those little Snork-mobiles.

Uh oh. I just revealed my age.

Yes, I was a kid in the 80s.

Cars of the future. 460856417_333556af15
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Cars of the future.   Cars of the future. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 7:39 pm

SNORKS RULE
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Cars of the future.   Cars of the future. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 7:55 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
SNORKS RULE

Cars of the future. 778825 Cars of the future. 778825 Cars of the future. 778825 Cars of the future. 778825 Cars of the future. 778825
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Cars of the future.   Cars of the future. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 8:11 pm

XYZ wrote:
So, are we all going to be Asian then too?

I think im turnin Japanese I think Im turnin Japanese I really think so
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Cars of the future.   Cars of the future. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 8:53 pm

Ugh - no thank you!!!! Where do you put your groceries? What about all the crap you have with young kids? Government Motors thinks this is a good idea? No wonder they are losing money left and right!!!
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Cars of the future.   Cars of the future. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 9:07 pm

looks like something from Back to the Future II
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Cars of the future.   Cars of the future. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 9:39 pm

Good Lord, they look like the light cycles from "Tron!" Laughing very hard

I'm 6-foot-6 inches tall, I'd need a crowbar and a monkey wrench to get in and out of one of those things!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Cars of the future.   Cars of the future. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 10:10 pm

I wonder if they run on baked beans and fruity pebbles
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Cars of the future.   Cars of the future. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 12:35 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Ugh - no thank you!!!! Where do you put your groceries? What about all the crap you have with young kids? Government Motors thinks this is a good idea? No wonder they are losing money left and right!!!

Exactly man! I have trouble finding room to put stuff as it is with my Crew Cab Chevy Silverado pickup. For crying out loud! What a joke! You can literally haul NOTHING with you.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Cars of the future.   Cars of the future. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 5:39 am

They're influenced by the chinese who make things extra small. Countries that have shoulder to shoulder population problems drive these mini golf carts.

Might as well attach a bubble over a bicycle...
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Cars of the future.   Cars of the future. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 6:44 am

That`s not cars, more like fancy scooters...
I have room for two of those in my Volvo Cars of the future. Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Cars of the future.   Cars of the future. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 8:40 am

When that is all there is to drive, I'll walk.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Cars of the future.   Cars of the future. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 10:10 am

No thanks. I think I'll stick to this:
Cars of the future. 18273711

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Cars of the future.   Cars of the future. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 10:21 am

HELLZ YEAH!!! Cars of the future. 604261
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Cars of the future.   Cars of the future. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 10:21 am

I would not feel safe in one of those things. You'd be like a human pin-ball bouncing off other real cars in an accident. No thanks.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Cars of the future.   Cars of the future. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 10:22 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I would not feel safe in one of those things. You'd be like a human pin-ball bouncing off other real cars in an accident. No thanks.
Laughing very hard Like a Chinese ping-pong championship.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cars of the future.   Cars of the future. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 12:02 pm

Cars of the future. Gm_cam10 Chevy got one thing right this year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cars of the future.   Cars of the future. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cars of the future.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next