Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anthrax - Sound of White Noise

Go down 
+19
manny
metalinmyveins
mr.electric39
Olafsto
Thrasher73
Todd Jaymz
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
Lurideath
7thSecond
A Handful of Wayne
kmorg
ultmetal
mc666
shamgar75
nevermore
EvyMetal
caniplaywithmadness?
Temple of Blood
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Anthrax - Sound of White Noise - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax - Sound of White Noise   Anthrax - Sound of White Noise - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 10:15 pm

I have to agree with detuned Joey Belladonna didn't have the strange presence or a voice as strong as John Bush. He was the weak link of the original Anthrax line up. Unfortunatly for John Bush he joined the band when the type of metal that Anthrax were creating would fall out of favor with the mainstream radio and press who became obsessed with the grunge movement.

They also began to have line up problems, record label issues, and this would take them close to a decade to resolve. When they reunited with Joey Belladonna, they should have gone forward with him, especially in this musically climate where the classic metal bands are starting to sell their back catalog and is more open to their type of music than it was during the previous decade.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax - Sound of White Noise   Anthrax - Sound of White Noise - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 10:17 pm

SoWN is my favorite Anthrax recors. I don't think there is one single bad song in it.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax - Sound of White Noise   Anthrax - Sound of White Noise - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 10:20 pm

I havent had the album for a long time, see it used alot, but have yet to pick it up. I missed Belladonna, not that Bush's voice is terrible, but the songwriting started to lack too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax - Sound of White Noise   Anthrax - Sound of White Noise - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 10:27 pm

I think we're all going to wish Bush was still around, that new singer they dug up is HORRID. They need to either get one of their old vocalists back or break up.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax - Sound of White Noise   Anthrax - Sound of White Noise - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 10:32 pm

Havent heard him yet, and I really dont want to, Im happy with my classic Anthrax.

And there's so many NEW thrash bands out Im really getting into right now, Im really not into half assed attempts to recapture fallen glory. Not that I have a problem with the new albums if they're good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax - Sound of White Noise   Anthrax - Sound of White Noise - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 10:35 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Havent heard him yet, and I really dont want to, Im happy with my classic Anthrax.

You're better off, I made the mistake of checking out a couple clips and thought I was going to hurl.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax - Sound of White Noise   Anthrax - Sound of White Noise - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 12:34 pm

It's a great album and one of my all time favorite Anthrax issues regardless of who is singing lead. Peace.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax - Sound of White Noise   Anthrax - Sound of White Noise - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 1:33 pm

I can't believe they let Joey Belladonna and John Bush go, so they could hire this new guy, like others have said I am going to reserve my judgement on the new singer til the new cd is released but so far from what I have heard, unimpressed.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax - Sound of White Noise   Anthrax - Sound of White Noise - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 2:25 pm

I love this album. As far as the Bush-era of Anthrax goes, this one is tops. Allot of people seem to overlook that this was the last disc with Danny Spitz. I think his playing added allot to this disc as well. I remember when the next cd came out (Stomp 442) I didn't care for it much as I thought something was missing. Over time, I've grown to like that cd just fine, but I think Danny's playing is really key.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax - Sound of White Noise   Anthrax - Sound of White Noise - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 11:09 pm

I've always liked that album. There are other Anthrax records I like better, but I enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax - Sound of White Noise   Anthrax - Sound of White Noise - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 11:12 pm

As I type this I'm wearing my Among the Living t-shirt and thinking how the mighty have fallen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax - Sound of White Noise   Anthrax - Sound of White Noise - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anthrax - Sound of White Noise
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2