Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sacred Warrior Info

Go down 
+17
Infinite
kmorg
Olafsto
jettafiend
BearOnUnicycle
Sutekh
exact33
Temple of Blood
thejokeriv
Dark Horseman
metalhead777
ultmetal
DallasBlack
T-Roy
James B.
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

Sacred Warrior Info Empty
PostSubject: Sacred Warrior Info   Sacred Warrior Info Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 4:46 pm

So the forever-in-the-works new Sacred Warrior album has a title (WAITING IN DARKNESS) and an album cover...

Sacred Warrior Info Waitingindarkness_500

Unfortunately, what they DON'T have is a vocalist. Rey Parra posted this on the band's FB page:

Quote :
A Message from Rey:
Hello Family and friends,
Well, it is with great sadness that I have to share this with everyone.
Just as a man's steps are ordered by the Lord, I believe that he is leading me in a direction that does not include Sacred Warrior. We have been trying to finish this record for quite some time now, yet it has proved to be too difficult with time and distance between me and the guys. I have been trying to break away to Chicago but it has not worked out, I do not want to hold the guys or the album back, so i decided to step down as vocalist and make room for advancement. We are remaining best of friends. Distance and time are the main role players in my decision.
Thank you so much to all my friends and all the warrior fans, I love you all and thanks for the memories guys, Tony, Bruce, Steve and Joe, I wish you guys the best. I know that the Lord will bring someone to the band that will bring about freshness and new excitement for the fans. Blessings, Rey

So now the search is on for a new vocalist... the band can be contacted thru their web site ( http://www.sacredwarrior.net/ ) if anybody here can carry a tune and wants to give it a shot...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior Info   Sacred Warrior Info Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 4:49 pm

Tell 'em to call James Rivera.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior Info   Sacred Warrior Info Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 4:49 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Tell 'em to call James Rivera.

Laughing very hard He'd fit their sound... and he'd probably take the gig, too.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior Info   Sacred Warrior Info Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 4:58 pm

or mr Pelata

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior Info   Sacred Warrior Info Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 5:00 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Unfortunately, what they DON'T have is a vocalist.
TRIFLES!!??

Looks cool....I mean from the album cover and all.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior Info   Sacred Warrior Info Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 5:03 pm

T-Roy wrote:

Some people on their FB page are already complaining about the "evil, grim" look to the artwork. "Eeeeeeek! There's like, skulls on it 'n' stuff!"

Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior Info   Sacred Warrior Info Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 5:06 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
T-Roy wrote:

Some people on their FB page are already complaining about the "evil, grim" look to the artwork. "Eeeeeeek! There's like, skulls on it 'n' stuff!"
Laughing very hard that cracked me up
Apparently these folks have never seen the cover to an Impending Doom album.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior Info   Sacred Warrior Info Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 6:14 pm

How about former Jacob's Dream vocalist, David Taylor? His voice would work well with SW.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior Info   Sacred Warrior Info Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 6:20 pm

The vocalist for The Sacrificed would do them justice as well.

Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior Info   Sacred Warrior Info Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 6:23 pm

No more of those old "CHILDREN OF THE LIIIIIIiiiIIIIIIIIiiiiIIIIIIIIIGHT" vocals?

Probably not going to touch it then, sad because I really missed Sacred Warrior.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior Info   Sacred Warrior Info Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 6:24 pm

That's why I think David Taylor would be a good fit, his vocals (especially in the higher registers) are quite similar to Rey. At least to my ears.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior Info   Sacred Warrior Info Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 6:28 pm

What's his name from Guardian should cut the vocals with them.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior Info   Sacred Warrior Info Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 6:31 pm

Is Lance King singing for anybody right now? He'd work well too.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior Info   Sacred Warrior Info Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 6:50 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
How about former Jacob's Dream vocalist, David Taylor? His voice would work well with SW.

Maybe, if his voice hadn't been shot to hell by that second Jacobs Dream album.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior Info   Sacred Warrior Info Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 8:29 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
What's his name from Guardian should cut the vocals with them.

Jamie Rowe? nah, completely wrong style for Sacred Warrior..... even though he and Parra are in the same boxing weight class, they are not in the same vocal class....
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior Info   Sacred Warrior Info Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 8:45 pm

Ski or Pelata would do a great job.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior Info   Sacred Warrior Info Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 9:12 pm

Ski is a good rec, I wonder what he's up to.

I can hear Jamie doing it, it'd change some but that's what new singers do and I don't think it'd be bad.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior Info   Sacred Warrior Info Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 9:34 pm

maybe they could convince Geoff Tate to do metal again...

Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior Info   Sacred Warrior Info Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 12:07 am

I'm a huge fan of SW, and this news is disappoitnign, given that we've been waiting years for the new album! Still, someone like Lance King, Ski or indeed Shawn would do nicely.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior Info   Sacred Warrior Info Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 12:14 am

I said Shawn first........so there Laughing very hard

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior Info   Sacred Warrior Info Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 3:16 am

Just a couple of days ago I've uploaded Wicked Generation on my mp3 player. headbanger
Love such coincidences. Though i have a feeling we will wait for the actual release for some another 5 years at least.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior Info   Sacred Warrior Info Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 10:50 pm

ultmetal wrote:
The vocalist for The Sacrificed would do them justice as well.

Ult called it!!

From the Sacred Warrior Facebook page:

Quote :
After much prayer, Sacred Warrior has chosen Eli Prinsen as the new lead vocalist. Thank you to all of the many qualified singers that applied for the position.

Eli has been singing and serving The Lord Jesus Christ through Christian metal since the late 1980’s; most notably with U.S. Christian power metal bands, The Sacrificed and Sealed Fate.

A longtime fan of Sacred Warrior and the band’s original vocalist, Rey Parra, Eli is as humbled as he is honored to be blessed with the opportunity of carrying on the good fight as the band’s new vocalist.

A classically trained vocalist and founder of The Hybrid Vocal Technique, Eli is an avid vocal enthusiast who enjoys teaching as well as performing.

Eli’s loves spending time with his family, writing, recording and listening to good music, grilling out, watching NFL football (The New Orleans Saints), and laughing at life’s random and dry humor.

Please join with us to welcome him.

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior Info   Sacred Warrior Info Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 11:01 pm

So Shawn, did you ever get in touch with them?
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior Info   Sacred Warrior Info Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 11:15 pm

This has all the makings of a truly epic album. I love all of the Sacrificed's stuff... but whats with the crappy production?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior Info   Sacred Warrior Info Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 11:22 pm

I never even heard of the Sacrificed so I YouTubed a couple of songs. Yeah, I could definitely see this dude workin' out for Sacred Warrior.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior Info   Sacred Warrior Info Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sacred Warrior Info
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next