Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Beastie Boys - Cooky Puss

Go down 
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Beastie Boys - Cooky Puss Empty
PostSubject: Beastie Boys - Cooky Puss   Beastie Boys - Cooky Puss Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 11:00 am

I've got a buddy who has this. I can't find it on LaLa, only a couple of overpriced copies on Ebay.....I guess this is rare? I'd never even heard of it.....

What say ye?? Thanks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys - Cooky Puss   Beastie Boys - Cooky Puss Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 2:02 pm

It only came out on vinyl. It's back from their punk days, though Cooky Puss has their first rap song. I'd say it's fairly rare. Are you asking so you can sell it?
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys - Cooky Puss   Beastie Boys - Cooky Puss Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 2:18 pm

I have in my hands a CD copy from Ratrage - 1983 - made in France. If it's a boot it's the best darn boot I've ever seen.....

Yeah, he's curious as to how much it will fetch on the open market.

Maybe it was only released on CD in Europe? He was stationed in Germany in the 80's, got a CD player in 84 and started collecting them then. I've looked at this thing closely. It's all very official looking. I'm gonna take it home and post pictures tomorrow...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys - Cooky Puss   Beastie Boys - Cooky Puss Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 5:15 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I have in my hands a CD copy from Ratrage - 1983 - made in France. If it's a boot it's the best darn boot I've ever seen.....

Yeah, he's curious as to how much it will fetch on the open market.

Maybe it was only released on CD in Europe? He was stationed in Germany in the 80's, got a CD player in 84 and started collecting them then. I've looked at this thing closely. It's all very official looking. I'm gonna take it home and post pictures tomorrow...
Huh...it's possible. But would they have even had a European deal back then? It might be legit, though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rat_Cage_Records

I thought it only came out on vinyl.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys - Cooky Puss   Beastie Boys - Cooky Puss Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 5:38 pm

Quote :
MOTR 26 CD Beastie Boys Cooky Puss (CD, Maxi)

That's it exactly.....made in France with no back art just front art and cd....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys - Cooky Puss   Beastie Boys - Cooky Puss Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 11:23 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300194449178&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:US:1123

Guess he should hold onto it and hope the Beastie Boys churn out another hit song some day.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys - Cooky Puss   Beastie Boys - Cooky Puss Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 8:08 am

Ha!!! I've been watching that auction toO!!! Yeah, I have to break the news to him today. Oh, well!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys - Cooky Puss   Beastie Boys - Cooky Puss Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 11:58 am

This post put me on a Beastie Boys kick. Haha. I have three things of theirs coming to me in the mail now. Filling gaps in the old collection.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys - Cooky Puss   Beastie Boys - Cooky Puss Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 12:15 pm

Need Cooky Puss?? Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys - Cooky Puss   Beastie Boys - Cooky Puss Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 1:37 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Need Cooky Puss?? Very Happy
Nope. I won that auction. lol!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys - Cooky Puss   Beastie Boys - Cooky Puss Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 1:59 pm

Ha!!! That was you! The lone bidder. Good for you!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys - Cooky Puss   Beastie Boys - Cooky Puss Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 2:30 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Ha!!! That was you! The lone bidder. Good for you!
I didn't think I'd win. I put that bid in like two hours before it ended, and then went out. I was surprised when I won. Good price, too, considering the album sort of sucks. Haha.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys - Cooky Puss   Beastie Boys - Cooky Puss Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 2:52 pm

Oh, it sucks big time. My friend said "it's great, you gotta listen to it" so I did....it's drivel. But it's rare (and historic is some senses) so we thought it would sell. I guess not....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys - Cooky Puss   Beastie Boys - Cooky Puss Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 5:37 pm

Humble beginnings. And who knows, it's eBay. That thing might sell for $150 next week. It's happened to me, where I sold one CD for $135, turned around to sell another and it went for $27. Haha. And the first CD had like 17 people bidding for it. Where'd they go?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys - Cooky Puss   Beastie Boys - Cooky Puss Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beastie Boys - Cooky Puss
Page 1 of 1