Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Broken Bones

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Broken Bones Empty
PostSubject: Broken Bones   Broken Bones Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 7:33 pm

Here's another cool band not in the metal-archives database.

They started out playing really catchy hardcore punk then as the '80s progressed started to adopt more of a traditional thrash metal sound, which in my opinion finally came into fruition on their excellent 1989 LP "Losing Control."

Really cool band... lot of catchy tunes.... Anyone heard 'em?
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

Broken Bones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broken Bones   Broken Bones Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 9:17 pm

Yup, good band indeed. I've not heard much (a song here, a song there) of their punk / hardcore stuff, but I have heard (and REALLY enjoy) their later thrash / crossover sound.

I've got CD copies of the two full-lengths (Losing Control and Stitched Up) and the EP (Religion Is Responsible) that were in the thrash / crossover mold. Very enjoyable (reminds slightly of D.R.I. with a harder hitting edge). Losing Control is definitely the best album they did in the thrash mold. However, Stitched Up and Religion Is Repsonsible are both good (just not QUITE up to par with Losing Control).

Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

Broken Bones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broken Bones   Broken Bones Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 10:47 pm

Love 'em, but I never saw them as being thrash metal in any way though - total hardcore punk! growl

CHOOSE DEATH!!! grim reaper

Broken Bones Broken_bones
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following

Broken Bones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broken Bones   Broken Bones Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 12:00 am

They're hardcore on that album "Bonecrusher" but by the time of "Losing Control" they were 100% thrash. "Traders in Death" from '87 has more of a crossover sound me thinks.
Back to top Go down

Broken Bones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broken Bones   Broken Bones Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 1:45 pm

4 words for ya: F.O.A.D.!
Back to top Go down

Broken Bones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broken Bones   Broken Bones Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 11:41 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
4 words for ya: F.O.A.D.!

hahahaha, duly noted.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

Broken Bones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broken Bones   Broken Bones Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 5:40 pm

I have Bonecrusher and F.O.A.D. Both are great albums. They are now back to playing hardcore punk again by the way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Broken Bones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broken Bones   Broken Bones Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Broken Bones
Page 1 of 1