Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

teaser for new Dokken song "Burning Empire" from Broken Bones

Go down 
+4
Eyesore
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
glassprison
8 posters
AuthorMessage
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

teaser for new Dokken song "Burning Empire" from Broken Bones Empty
PostSubject: teaser for new Dokken song "Burning Empire" from Broken Bones   teaser for new Dokken song "Burning Empire" from Broken Bones Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 3:07 pm

It sounds great! I know Don will not be doing anything out of a comfortable mid-range on this album, but he is still a great song writer. I'm very much looking forward to this release.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: teaser for new Dokken song "Burning Empire" from Broken Bones   teaser for new Dokken song "Burning Empire" from Broken Bones Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 3:12 pm

Neat-O. I'm a fanboy, so I will pick it up.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: teaser for new Dokken song "Burning Empire" from Broken Bones   teaser for new Dokken song "Burning Empire" from Broken Bones Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 3:38 pm

I wonder how much studio trickery was used on that song - he can't sing in tune anymore. I just saw him and he was so bad, I walked away from his performance. John Levin did an awesome job on guitar!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: teaser for new Dokken song "Burning Empire" from Broken Bones   teaser for new Dokken song "Burning Empire" from Broken Bones Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 3:54 pm

I'm sure he's much better in a controlled environment like a studio. But yeah, his voice is pretty shot live.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: teaser for new Dokken song "Burning Empire" from Broken Bones   teaser for new Dokken song "Burning Empire" from Broken Bones Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 4:13 pm

Autotune is his friend.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: teaser for new Dokken song "Burning Empire" from Broken Bones   teaser for new Dokken song "Burning Empire" from Broken Bones Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 4:20 pm

Autotune. So sick of hearing people talk about autotune. It's just the latest way to insult a band or musician.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: teaser for new Dokken song "Burning Empire" from Broken Bones   teaser for new Dokken song "Burning Empire" from Broken Bones Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 4:28 pm

Sorry, not really my intent. I believe he needs help in the studio to get quality vocals is all.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: teaser for new Dokken song "Burning Empire" from Broken Bones   teaser for new Dokken song "Burning Empire" from Broken Bones Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 4:38 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Sorry, not really my intent. I believe he needs help in the studio to get quality vocals is all.
I wasn't really referring to you. That's why I didn't quote you. In general, I'm just sick of the word and the way it's used.

Don isn't horrible these days, he simply cannot properly sing Dokken's songs. He tries and fails. He's just not in the same range these days.

That's from 2011. Pretty clear he still has a voice, just not the same voice.

But how do you sing those classic tunes? I think that's the dilemma a lot of the older vocalists face when their voice loses some of its range. Do they change the way the songs sound to fans or just give them a sub-par performance? Most choose the latter.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: teaser for new Dokken song "Burning Empire" from Broken Bones   teaser for new Dokken song "Burning Empire" from Broken Bones Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 4:55 pm

This is 1 1/2 weeks ago:

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: teaser for new Dokken song "Burning Empire" from Broken Bones   teaser for new Dokken song "Burning Empire" from Broken Bones Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 5:03 pm

He needs to do with Ian Gillan does, have them change the tunes to fit his range better, of course Ian Gillan is 66 years old, but still the man sounds great.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: teaser for new Dokken song "Burning Empire" from Broken Bones   teaser for new Dokken song "Burning Empire" from Broken Bones Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 5:17 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
This is 1 1/2 weeks ago:

I saw those before. He's definitely struggling with hearing the music. If you can't properly hear the music on stage, it's real hard to sing in tune. But I saw the other clips and he still struggles.

But again, he can still sing; he just can't hit that range anymore.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: teaser for new Dokken song "Burning Empire" from Broken Bones   teaser for new Dokken song "Burning Empire" from Broken Bones Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 6:17 pm

Don has been struggling for years. I saw him way back on the Dysfunctional tour and he sounded like crap. He needs to have his vocal cords refreshed asap.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: teaser for new Dokken song "Burning Empire" from Broken Bones   teaser for new Dokken song "Burning Empire" from Broken Bones Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 6:41 pm

Eyesore wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
This is 1 1/2 weeks ago:

I saw those before. He's definitely struggling with hearing the music. If you can't properly hear the music on stage, it's real hard to sing in tune. But I saw the other clips and he still struggles.

But again, he can still sing; he just can't hit that range anymore.

None of the other singers that day had trouble staying in key on the exact same stage. Dokken was the only band that didn't let HDnet air it live. He acted like he didn't want to even be there.

At this point, I will listen to the albums, but I am not spending money to see Dokken.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: teaser for new Dokken song "Burning Empire" from Broken Bones   teaser for new Dokken song "Burning Empire" from Broken Bones Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 11:01 am

Witchfinder wrote:
Don has been struggling for years. I saw him way back on the Dysfunctional tour and he sounded like crap. He needs to have his vocal cords refreshed asap.

and stop drinking JACK DANIELS and smoke on/off stage. That helps too maybe.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: teaser for new Dokken song "Burning Empire" from Broken Bones   teaser for new Dokken song "Burning Empire" from Broken Bones Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 11:29 am

Coverdale on the other hand still sounds pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: teaser for new Dokken song "Burning Empire" from Broken Bones   teaser for new Dokken song "Burning Empire" from Broken Bones Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

teaser for new Dokken song "Burning Empire" from Broken Bones
Page 1 of 1