Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thin Lizzy fans...

Go down 
+4
nevermore
Olafsto
MoonChild
ultmetal
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Thin Lizzy fans... Empty
PostSubject: Thin Lizzy fans...   Thin Lizzy fans... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 11:36 am

A highly recommended pickup is Gary Moore & Friends - One Night In Dublin-A Tribute to Philip Lynott.

Thin Lizzy fans... 51W3J76AYHL._AA240_

This DVD features some of the incredible axemen that were a part of Thin Lizzy's history including Brian Robertson, Scott Gorham, Eric Bell and Gary Moore (of course). Also features Thin Lizzy drummer Brian Downey.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

Thin Lizzy fans... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy fans...   Thin Lizzy fans... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 11:51 am

Gary Moore - ROCKS!
Back to top Go down

Thin Lizzy fans... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy fans...   Thin Lizzy fans... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 11:56 am

No John Sykes?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Thin Lizzy fans... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy fans...   Thin Lizzy fans... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 11:58 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
No John Sykes?

No. This was a "one-off" show to pay tribute to Phil the day his statue was unveiled in Dublin.

Quote :
On August 20th, 2005, on what would have been his 56th birthday, a statue of Phil Lynott was unveiled in Dublin’s Grafton Street by his mother. There to witness the event were members of Thin Lizzy from throughout the band’s career. Later that evening they joined forces under the leadership of Gary Moore for a concert that paid tribute to Lynott’s memory. The core band of Moore, Jethro Tull bass player Jonathan Noyce and Thin Lizzy’s one and only drummer, Brian Downey were joined by the stellar guitar talents of Brian Robertson, Scott Gorham and Eric Bell for a set of Lizzy and Gary Moore classics.

Thin Lizzy fans... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy fans...   Thin Lizzy fans... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 12:04 pm

Ah.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

Thin Lizzy fans... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy fans...   Thin Lizzy fans... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 1:45 pm

Sounds like a must have.
Not big on dvd`s but this must must have been a very spesial night!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

Thin Lizzy fans... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy fans...   Thin Lizzy fans... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 3:24 pm

I've had this for awhie now and is well worth picking up!

Ult, you also need to get Thin Lizzy's Live And Dangerous Deluxe Edition. It has the dvd of the show
and a bonus live cd from 1975. The dvd has some nice extras of a show from their last tour in 1983, 5 Top Of The Pops performances plus interviews.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Thin Lizzy fans... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy fans...   Thin Lizzy fans... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 3:40 pm

nevermore wrote:
I've had this for awhie now and is well worth picking up!

Ult, you also need to get Thin Lizzy's Live And Dangerous Deluxe Edition. It has the dvd of the show
and a bonus live cd from 1975. The dvd has some nice extras of a show from their last tour in 1983, 5 Top Of The Pops performances plus interviews.

Is this a DVD release or is it a DVD/CD release?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

Thin Lizzy fans... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy fans...   Thin Lizzy fans... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 3:45 pm

really good ... have to check it
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

Thin Lizzy fans... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy fans...   Thin Lizzy fans... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 3:45 pm

It's a dvd release.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

Thin Lizzy fans... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy fans...   Thin Lizzy fans... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 5:13 pm

That does sound fantastic. I have the cd for Live Life and it just cranks. I understand this was more of there 'metal phase'....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

Thin Lizzy fans... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy fans...   Thin Lizzy fans... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 6:50 pm

i got it. great show

i saw gary moore a few months ago. i would have liked to hear some of his metal stuff from the 80s but he stuck to blues most of the time. good show either way
Back to top Go down

Thin Lizzy fans... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy fans...   Thin Lizzy fans... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 7:02 pm

I am still dying to ge the Vagabonds boxset, but it seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth (at least in this town).
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

Thin Lizzy fans... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy fans...   Thin Lizzy fans... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 7:07 pm

Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
Sponsored content

Thin Lizzy fans... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy fans...   Thin Lizzy fans... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thin Lizzy fans...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: