Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Saxon Heavy Metal Thunder !!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

Saxon Heavy Metal Thunder  !!! Empty
PostSubject: Saxon Heavy Metal Thunder !!!   Saxon Heavy Metal Thunder  !!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2007 10:27 pm

I love the old Saxon recording from the early 80's WHEELS,STRONG,POWER,DENIM,.....

But I totally dig the re-recording 'Heavy Metal Thunder' modernized the sound without destroying the songs.... I like the new version of 747 even better the old one.... !Saxon Heavy Metal Thunder  !!! 56834 CRANK IT UP!!!

what do you think?
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Saxon Heavy Metal Thunder !!!   Saxon Heavy Metal Thunder  !!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2007 12:00 pm

This must be the only cd i dont have of SAXON. I never liked it when a band re-record their old classics. DESTRUCTION did it just now and they destroyed the old feeling of those classics. Maybe SAXON did it better on HEAVY METAL THUNDER and maybe i should just buy it. Thankssssss.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Saxon Heavy Metal Thunder !!!   Saxon Heavy Metal Thunder  !!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2007 1:09 pm

Saxon cd's are hard to come by in my area, so when I saw "Heavy Metal Thunder" in a used bin, I snapped it up quick. Since I was only vaugely familiar with their back catalog, I throughly enjoyed it. It makes me want to seek out more of their older stuff.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Saxon Heavy Metal Thunder !!!   Saxon Heavy Metal Thunder  !!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2007 4:08 pm

believe me I'm not a big fan of the recording of old tunes. Blue Oyster Cult tried it with their 'classics' disc. Not very good.
However Saxon simply made a great disc.. I was simply looking for a good overview of their older material. When I bought it I didn't even realilze it was newly recorded... How do u improve 'Strong Arm' (my fav Saxon tune) or 747??? U can't but these versions have great energy and drive....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saxon Heavy Metal Thunder !!!   Saxon Heavy Metal Thunder  !!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Saxon Heavy Metal Thunder !!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: