Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Saxon Heavy Metal Thunder

Go down 
+2
ultmetal
kethdredd
6 posters
AuthorMessage
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

Saxon Heavy Metal Thunder Empty
PostSubject: Saxon Heavy Metal Thunder   Saxon Heavy Metal Thunder Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 3:11 pm

Anvil did it, why not Saxon?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saxon Heavy Metal Thunder   Saxon Heavy Metal Thunder Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 8:51 am

But Saxon deserves it!

It's pretty cool that Oliver & Dawson took part.

I think I know a certain Auntie that just figured out a good holiday gift!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Saxon Heavy Metal Thunder   Saxon Heavy Metal Thunder Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 9:40 am

Saxon does deserve it. Great band and vastly underrated. They should be as big as Maiden and Priest. Actually, they should be included in the same breathe, Maiden, Priest and Saxon.

Uncle Saxon,
you don't think Anvil deserves the attention that the movie brought them?

PostSubject: Re: Saxon Heavy Metal Thunder   Saxon Heavy Metal Thunder Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 12:49 pm

They really deserve it. Anvil may deserve some attention but Saxon should get more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saxon Heavy Metal Thunder   Saxon Heavy Metal Thunder Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 1:20 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Uncle Saxon,

Sure - for sticking it out this whole time, definately. But realisticly, they had one good album 25 years ago. There are a billion bands that have done that.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Saxon Heavy Metal Thunder   Saxon Heavy Metal Thunder Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 3:10 pm

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Uncle Saxon,

Sure - for sticking it out this whole time, definately. But realisticly, they had one good album 25 years ago. There are a billion bands that have done that.

I can agree with that, although i would say two good albums 25 years ago.
Gotta love them for never giving up though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Saxon Heavy Metal Thunder   Saxon Heavy Metal Thunder Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 9:02 pm

The DVD was scheduled to come out in DEC. it has now been pushed to Marcg now, sucks I already pre-ordered it!

Wargod50
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Saxon Heavy Metal Thunder   Saxon Heavy Metal Thunder Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 12:04 am

Quote :
it has now been pushed to Marcg now

Man, I hate waiting till Marcg. Saxon Heavy Metal Thunder Icon_razz

So now that Anvil has found some success with their documentary, are all the "almost-but-not-quite" bands gonna follow the same route? It's gonna get pretty boring real quick.

Step 1: Show band footage at height of popularity
Step 2: Get some rock stars to go on record about how big a fan they are, and what an influence they've been even though they've done nothing to support the band.
Step 3: Show band playing infront of 4 people
Step 4: Show band current/past members reliving their old glories
Step 5: Show "older but wiser" band getting what could be their last shot at glory
Step 6: Show band graciously accepting their fate, whatever it may be, even though you know that the members are bitter as f*ck about their carrer paths.
Step 7: End by saying "It's been rough, but I wouldn't change a thing"
Roll credits.

PostSubject: Re: Saxon Heavy Metal Thunder   Saxon Heavy Metal Thunder Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 11:08 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
it has now been pushed to Marcg now

Man, I hate waiting till Marcg. Saxon Heavy Metal Thunder Icon_razz

So now that Anvil has found some success with their documentary, are all the "almost-but-not-quite" bands gonna follow the same route? It's gonna get pretty boring real quick.

Step 1: Show band footage at height of popularity
Step 2: Get some rock stars to go on record about how big a fan they are, and what an influence they've been even though they've done nothing to support the band.
Step 3: Show band playing infront of 4 people
Step 4: Show band current/past members reliving their old glories
Step 5: Show "older but wiser" band getting what could be their last shot at glory
Step 6: Show band graciously accepting their fate, whatever it may be, even though you know that the members are bitter as f*ck about their carrer paths.
Step 7: End by saying "It's been rough, but I wouldn't change a thing"
Roll credits.

That is probably going to be the truth. Although, Saxon would not fit into the "almost-but-not-quite" catagory. For 30 years, they have been one of the 5 biggest and most popular metal bands in history [except in the U.S.] and has had influence over everyone from King Fowley to Metallica to Ultimatum. I wish every fan of hard music would have the chance to see them up close in a live setting. It is intense!

EDIT: fixed it for ya. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saxon Heavy Metal Thunder   Saxon Heavy Metal Thunder Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 12:35 pm

I'd bet money we see many groups doing this, or their labels pushing them into it. There are a few who deserve it though so I say go for it.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Saxon Heavy Metal Thunder   Saxon Heavy Metal Thunder Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 11:48 am

Saxon put one of the best shows I've ever seen....

Headbangers jumping from the balcony and hanging on the rafters!!!! UNREAL!!!!

headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saxon Heavy Metal Thunder   Saxon Heavy Metal Thunder Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Saxon Heavy Metal Thunder
Page 1 of 1