Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar

Go down 
+9
EvyMetal
kmorg
MetalRob331
scottmitchell74
TrogDawn
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
T-Roy
TheGooch
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar   An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 1:38 pm

spectrefate wrote:
No one said that someone has to a virtuoso, so first stop putting words in other peoples mouths. If you think Paranoid is a song exclusive to those only interested in guitar virtuosity, then your perspective is extremely off. If someone has a problem picking that song out, then perhaps the instrument isn't for them. If I can't perform an appendectomy, then maybe I shouldn't become a brain surgeon.

I just think, which is my right and said with the utmost honesty (better, friend?), that the world could do without another mediocre band that is talentless, self-produced drivel that has a niche audience on the internet because they felt like just because they like music that they can play it. My advice to any budding musician is to learn your instrument first, especially if said instrument is your voice. IMO, you should take that to heart.
IMO, the world could do with less people discouraging would-be guitarists because of their own elitist issues. I've swallowed enough sh*t in my lifetime to feed the world because of out of the ass remarks like the one you initially made.
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following

PostSubject: Re: An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar   An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 1:41 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
IMO, the world could do with less people discouraging would be guitarists because of their own elitist issues. I've swallowed enough sh*t in my lifetime to feed the world because of off the cuff opinions like the one you initially stated.

I find it more discouraging that someone would not be honest with themselves when they realize they don't have the talent to cut it. That's why there are so many cut out bins in record stores. Full of unrealistic dreamers.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar   An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 1:45 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I find it more discouraging that someone would not be honest with themselves when they realize they don't have the talent to cut it. That's why there are so many cut out bins in record stores. Full of unrealistic dreamers.
And you say this because you've come to this conclusion for yourself, I assume? Because, if not, you logic is completely subjective. Beauty is in the eye and ear of the beholder - were this not true, some of my favorite music would not exist.

Last edited by on Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar   An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 1:48 pm

TrogDawn wrote:

And you say this because you've come to this conclusion for yourself, I assume? Because, if not, you logic is completely subjective. Beauty is in the eye and ear of the beholder - were this not true, some of my favorite music would not exist.

I'll be honest (can I say that?) I'm making up most of this stuff to be argumentative. I really don't care.
I just think that playing Paranoid shouldn't be a big deal for someone with talent.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar   An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 1:52 pm

Sorry man, but you picked a hill I'm willing to die on. An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar - Page 2 309780
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar   An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 1:54 pm

Yeah....as a beginner guitar learner (I fear to say guitarist) I was about to hang myself Spectre!!!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar   An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 1:55 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
Sorry man, but you picked a hill I'm willing to die on. An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar - Page 2 309780

I gotcha. I agree with you except I didn't find Paranoid to be too challenging. You picked Tomorrow's Dream and I could never get the correct tuning on that one when I was picking out Sabbath tunes. But then I'm not talented like that.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar   An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 1:56 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I'll be honest (can I say that?)
Sure, as long as it's not used to justify an insensitive comment. Wink

spectrefate wrote:
I'm making up most of this stuff to be argumentative. I really don't care. I just think that playing Paranoid shouldn't be a big deal for someone with talent.
"Talent" is a subjective word tho. One man's talent is another man's trash.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar   An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 2:02 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I gotcha. I agree with you except I didn't find Paranoid to be too challenging.
I don't either, now. But when I was 14 I couldn't play that opening riff very well.

spectrefate wrote:
You picked Tomorrow's Dream and I could never get the correct tuning on that one when I was picking out Sabbath tunes. But then I'm not talented like that.
The tuning thing was always tricky before I knew about such things. I probably learned it in a different position when I learned it though. That song is where I first learned how to solo though. Great one for that. Very Happy

I'm really not into arguing, you just touched a nerve is all. I experienced a lot of discouragement from so-called "experts" when I was younger and I have a bit of a chip on my shoulder about it, I guess.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar   An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 2:04 pm

TrogDawn wrote:

I'm really not into arguing, you just touched a nerve is all. I experienced a lot of discouragement from so-called "experts" when I was younger and I have a bit of a chip on my shoulder about it, I guess.

I pushed you a bit. I apologize. Wanna go get a beer? Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar   An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 2:10 pm

Enter Sandman is a really easy song to learn. I can make audios and post them on here of songs ppl want to hear..
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar   An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 2:19 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I pushed you a bit. I apologize. Wanna go get a beer? Smile
Sure, as long as it's a root beer! (me and alcohol had a parting of the ways for health reasons) An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar - Page 2 309780
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar   An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 2:22 pm

White Zombie's More Human Than Human. One chord and a slide.

-0-0--------
-2-2--------
-2-2--------
-------------
-------------
-------------

Repeat. Slide.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar   An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 2:23 pm

Eyesore wrote:

-0-0---------
-2-2---------
-2-2---------
-------------
-------------
-------------

Repeat. Slide.

...insert 17 "Yeahs" at appropriate times.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar   An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 2:24 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

-0-0---------
-2-2---------
-2-2---------
-------------
-------------
-------------

Repeat. Slide.
lol!

Rob Zombie does the yeah thing best, though. I love it!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar   An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 2:31 pm

I thought Deep Purple's "Smoke on the Water" was mandatory.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar   An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 2:42 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

-0-0---------
-2-2---------
-2-2---------
-------------
-------------
-------------

Repeat. Slide.

Robs' yeahs are like Strypers whoa-ohs back in the day
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar   An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 3:04 pm

Oh Gooch, I just thought of one in all seriousness. Actuallay a couple. Civil War - GnR and Knockin on Heavens Door - GnR (remake). GnR has lots of good ones easy to pick up. I sound like a pro pickin Heavens Door, I even know the solo! And Civil war which is probably one , if not my favorite GnR song. Starts in Em I believe.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar   An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 3:08 pm

T-Roy wrote:
Oh Gooch, I just thought of one in all seriousness. Actuallay a couple. Civil War - GnR and Knockin on Heavens Door - GnR (remake). GnR has lots of good ones easy to pick up. I sound like a pro pickin Heavens Door, I even know the solo! And Civil war which is probably one , if not my favorite GnR song. Starts in Em I believe.

yes all really simple songs put the picking might be hard for a beginner
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar   An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 3:52 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
T-Roy wrote:

thanks for the idea but i was looking for stuff with chords in
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar   An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 4:00 pm

if u want songs with chord progressions i would try songs like

Tuesdays Gone and Free Bird they both have multiple change ups

Tuesdays gone being A. E. F#, D

Free Bird G, D, E, F, C, D
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar   An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 4:04 pm

TheGooch wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
T-Roy wrote:

thanks for the idea but i was looking for stuff with chords in
uh, i do play them with chords, you don't have to pick. Em, G, D, C..doesn't get much easier than that bro!
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar   An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 4:09 pm

er does anyone actually have the tabs for those chords
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar   An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 4:27 pm

well i hate tabbing takes too long but here with no lines

G - 320033
C - x3201x
d - xx0232
e - 022100
a - x02210
f - x33211
f# 244322
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar   An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 6:25 pm

i got an easy song for you, "Glass Prison"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar   An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next