Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar

Go down 
+9
EvyMetal
kmorg
MetalRob331
scottmitchell74
TrogDawn
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
T-Roy
TheGooch
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar Empty
PostSubject: An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar   An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 11:30 am

can anyone recommend a relatively rock/metals song i can try and learn to play except smoke on the water

thanks
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar   An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 11:32 am

Wipe out
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar   An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 11:35 am

?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar   An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 11:35 am

Anything by the Ramones

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar   An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 11:39 am

T-Roy wrote:
Wipe out
BEACH BOYS... lol! !?!?!?!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar   An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 11:40 am

any of AC/DC's songs.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar   An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 11:40 am

thrasher73 wrote:
any of AC/DC's songs.
lol! ZING!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

The Misfits' older stuff is pretty simplified too.

Of course, I'm saying that as someone who's never picked up a guitar in my life, but when I listen to them or the Ramones I think to myself "Yea, I could probably figure this out if I had to"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar   An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 11:41 am

DUDE, kazoos don't count alright.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar   An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 11:42 am

ok back in black is easy three chords so i will have a look and let you know
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar   An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 11:43 am

T-Roy wrote:
DUDE, kazoos don't count alright.

Excuse me, but I am a MASTER at the heavy metal kazoo. As I stated in my earlier post, It's the GUITAR I know nothing about.

Don't be messin' with the Troo Grimm Kult Blakk Mettle Kazoo Mafia (membership: me), mmm-kay? We eat Kenny G. fans like you for breakfast.
:kickbutt:

Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar   An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 11:48 am

ah ok back in black is kinda not as easy as i thought
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar   An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 11:59 am

well i can kinda play the three chords cos any chords will do really and i can kinda play the lick after badly
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar   An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 12:35 pm

Paranoid by Black Sabbath. If you can't pick that one out on your own, give up.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar   An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 12:36 pm

paranoid is actually a really hard song i think because its not just chords
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar   An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 12:44 pm

spectrefate wrote:
That song is actually not that easy, as the main riff can be a little tricky for a beginner. The remainder of the song is easy enough, that that intro hook can be a bit of a challenge at first. But to give up? No way. If I took that advice when I first tried to learn Paranoid at 15, I wouldn't be playing guitar today. I just move on to something else that I could pick out and play and took it from there.

Here are a few for you to try Gooch, and even if you can't figure out the entire songs, just try and get some of the main riffs down and play around with those for awhile. That's how I learned:

AC/DC - TNT
BLACK SABBATH - Iron Man
BLACK SABBATH - Tomorrow's Dream

DOKKEN - Breaking the Chains
JUDAS PRIEST - Living After Midnight
TED NUGENT - Cat Scratch Fever
SCORPIONS - Rock You Like a Hurricane
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar   An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 12:45 pm

spectrefate wrote:
lol! sheesh, good thing we're not Psychiatrists counseling, potential suicidal cases!
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar   An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 12:46 pm

i can already play tnt by ac/dc quite well. today i sort of learnt the riff from The Rage by Judas Priest by getting a tab and playing along
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar   An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 12:48 pm

right on! 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar   An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 12:48 pm

I'm just being honest. The world doesn't need anymore talentless guitarists starting bands because they can read tablature. If Paranoid is a challenge, then a beginning guitarist should welcome it and work through it.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

yeah no i use the two chords in it for every song i ever try and play. oops
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar   An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 1:19 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I'm just being honest.
I love it when people use this justification for their verbal diarrhea. impatient

spectrefate wrote:
The world doesn't need anymore talentless guitarists starting bands because they can read tablature. If Paranoid is a challenge, then a beginning guitarist should welcome it and work through it.
How about people who just feel like learning how to play guitar for their own enjoyment? And who says that after a few easier victories they can't return to something more challenging later when they have more confidence?

So if I understand you correctly, in your opinion, unless someone is dedicated to guitar virtuosity they should just give up before they start, eh? If this perspective were made law and no one was ever allowed to start a shitty garage band, the only metal bands we would have would be the European pseudo-prog noodlewankers, in which case I would be forced to give up music entirely. sick

Here's a free gift for you spectre - there are three magic letters that you can add to the end of every one of your posts and they will guarantee complete understanding from all parties at all times: IMO An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar 309780

Last edited by on Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar   An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 1:22 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
I'm just being honest.
I love it when people use this justification for their verbal diarrhea. impatient

spectrefate wrote:
The world doesn't need anymore talentless guitarists starting bands because they can read tablature. If Paranoid is a challenge, then a beginning guitarist should welcome it and work through it.
How about people who just feel like learning how to play guitar for their own enjoyment? And who says that after a few easier victories they can't return to something more challenging later when they have more confidence?

So if I understand you correctly, in your opinion, unless someone is dedicated to guitar virtuosity they should just give up before they start, eh? If this perspective were made law and no one was ever allowed to start a shitty garage band, the only metal bands we would have would be the European pseudo-prog noodlewankers, in which case I would be forced to give up music entirely. sick

Here's a free gift for you spectre - there are three magic letters that you can add to the end of every one of your posts and they will guarantee complete understanding from all parties at all times: IMO An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar 309780

looks like spectre is BUSTED!

i only play for fun i do not intend to form a band so i hope he gets it up his by freddy mercury. HA!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar   An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 1:22 pm

yep Iron Man is easy enough.I learned how to play it and I dont even play guitar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar   An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 1:29 pm

No one said that someone has to a virtuoso, so first stop putting words in other peoples mouths. If you think Paranoid is a song exclusive to those only interested in guitar virtuosity, then your perspective is extremely off. If someone has a problem picking that song out, then perhaps the instrument isn't for them. If I can't perform an appendectomy, then maybe I shouldn't become a brain surgeon.

I just think, which is my right and said with the utmost honesty (better, friend?), that the world could do without another mediocre band that is talentless, self-produced drivel that has a niche audience on the internet because they felt like just because they like music that they can play it. My advice to any budding musician is to learn your instrument first, especially if said instrument is your voice. IMO, you should take that to heart.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar   An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An easy rock/metal song to play on guitar
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next