Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Long Island Iced Tea

Go down 
+5
thejokeriv
Tall Tyrion
mc666
MetalGuy71
DallasBlack
9 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Long Island Iced Tea Empty
PostSubject: Long Island Iced Tea   Long Island Iced Tea Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 11:19 am

Anybody else a fan of this most delicious adult beverage? Made properly this drink is good and could get you drunk real fast if your not careful. The best one I had was at this movie theater/restaraunt called Studio Movie Grill, I got the recepie but I can't seem to re-create the same one they serve. I make it this way (I reduced the amount by half because I'm a light weight drinker):

1oz of Rum
1oz of Gran Gala (orange liquer)
1oz of Gin
1oz of Vodka
5 oz of Sweet & Sour
then I fill it with Coke or Pepsi until it turns the color of real tea and add ice
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Long Island Iced Tea   Long Island Iced Tea Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 12:08 pm

I haven't had one of those in a mighty long time. Because of all the booze, they're a bit expensive to order at a bar, but one place my friends and I would frequent "back in the day", we knew the bartender and she'd hook us up. Ahhhh, good times, my friend, good times.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Long Island Iced Tea   Long Island Iced Tea Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 1:21 pm

meh, pass the beer.

Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Long Island Iced Tea   Long Island Iced Tea Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 2:21 pm

I'm interested in this but the one time I ordered one, it tasted terrible. sick

Any tips on making one properly? Could you substitute something like Triple Sec for the Gran Gala?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Long Island Iced Tea   Long Island Iced Tea Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 2:34 pm

Good stuff, but has to be mixed right
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: Long Island Iced Tea   Long Island Iced Tea Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 2:38 pm

I make mine quite differently. I make it from real Ice Tea. I love wanking around, trying to create my own drink, and some are quite succesful. Since it has just been New Yeat, here's a great drink I created myself for you to enjoy:

The Ultimate New Year's drink :

-Get a glass that can hold about 33 cl. (a regular soda can)
-Fill half the glass with Champagne
-Fill the 1/4 with Ginger Ale
-Fill the rest with Red Bull

- And a strawberry. Either a whole to float in the drink, or a slice stuck to your glass

Seriously, try it! It's amazing! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Long Island Iced Tea   Long Island Iced Tea Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 10:33 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
I'm interested in this but the one time I ordered one, it tasted terrible. sick

Any tips on making one properly? Could you substitute something like Triple Sec for the Gran Gala?

Yes, any orange liquer will work. The first time I made one it was extremely terrible, I found out though that I was missing the sweet & sour, without that it definatly is sick .

Last edited by on Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Long Island Iced Tea   Long Island Iced Tea Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 10:40 pm

One mixed drink I would REALLY like to make is authentic Sangria. When I was in the navy we were in Spain and me and some of the guys ordered the Sangria and it was the most awsome drink EVER. There are many drinks availiable here in the states called Sangria but they are piq swill compared to the real thing. Here Sangria is made with red wine and fruit juice, there it is that, a LOT of sugur and a mix of different liquors (I can't rememeber what they were I WISH I got the recepie because I can't find a proper recepie on the net or anywhere else).

On an semi-non-alcoholic note after having real cappacino in Italy, nothing you get here is even remotly as good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Long Island Iced Tea   Long Island Iced Tea Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 10:41 pm

Heartburn!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Long Island Iced Tea   Long Island Iced Tea Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 3:19 am

This is a pretty personal issue with me. I got the "fat guy surgery" on New Years Eve - 2003. I have always been a heavy drinker, but after that, I could no longer eat very much (that is kinda the point). But I could drink as much as I wanted. Baccardi had a product called "Rum Island Iced Tea" (same thing, different name). I have never done anything in my life that I could not do in excess. So, I would drink at least a 1.75L every day, and usually more. Well, I did that for about a year - my alcoholism escalated into full-blown dumbass drunkard and my life went to crap. Silver lining? Sober almost three years now and I have a life that is mostly pure happiness. But, I still get that taste/crave in the back of my throat every now and then.

Not preaching here - just giving a very personal perspective.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Long Island Iced Tea   Long Island Iced Tea Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 4:04 am

I prefer one of these:

A splash of Jagermeister
add some slow gin, triple sec, & quadruple sec,
then some gunk from a dog's eye
some absolut pickle
the red stripe from aquafresh
then the venom of the Louisiana Loboto-Moth

then stir it with a home pregnancy test till it turns positive, and presto! the Forget-Me-Shot!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Long Island Iced Tea   Long Island Iced Tea Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 9:27 am

Quote :
the red stripe from aquafresh
Oh, I'M DYIN' OVA HERE!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Long Island Iced Tea   Long Island Iced Tea Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 2:06 pm

I just pour Jack Daniels straight into a bottle of Snapple Iced Tea. Faster and cheaper. Smile

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Long Island Iced Tea   Long Island Iced Tea Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 6:05 am

i like to mix whisky with unusual things like fanta or lemonade to get a nice fruity kick that you dont get with adding coke
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Long Island Iced Tea   Long Island Iced Tea Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Long Island Iced Tea
Page 1 of 1