Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original

Go down 
+39
candlemass
Martin
Metal Misfit
XYZ
Todd Jaymz
skullkrusher
Stender
EvyMetal
Chairman_Smith
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
ThrashedOutCobra33
tohostudios
SAHB Healer
James B.
scottmitchell74
ultmetal
Shiney
MoonChild
fingers
rattpoison
MetalGuy71
mr.electric39
journeyman
DeathCult
thejokeriv
kmorg
TheGooch
Fat Freddy
mc666
ghost
Mglaffas81
stormspell
Temple of Blood
MetalRob331
Troublezone
Lurideath
romeolimagolf
TrogDawn
DallasBlack
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

cover songs - Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original   cover songs - Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 7:21 pm

Manfred Mann - Blinded By The Light and For You (both orignally by Springsteen)

...and pretty much any cover of a Dylan tune. The dude can write music but he sure can't sing it.

Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

PostSubject: Re: Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original   cover songs - Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 6:08 pm

Megadeth's No More Mr Nice guy I prefer better then alice coopers
Pantera's Planet Caravan to Sabbaths
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original   cover songs - Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 6:25 pm

ThrashedOutCobra33 wrote:
Megadeth's No More Mr Nice guy I prefer better then alice coopers
Pantera's Planet Caravan to Sabbaths

Blasphemy! :kickbutt:
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

PostSubject: Re: Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original   cover songs - Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 6:28 pm

Hey man thats my opinion dont get me wrong i love the originals but its the little changes to me that make a difference
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original   cover songs - Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 9:33 pm

I think the album version of Faith No Mores cover of War Pigs is better than the original. And i like the Sabs a whole lot more than FNM.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original   cover songs - Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 9:02 am

I'm listening to the HOLY DIO tribute album right now and y'know what? Blind Guardian's version of "Don't Talk To Strangers" totally smokes the original. And I'm not even a huge B.G. fan!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original   cover songs - Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 10:24 am

Over the weekend, I've heard Bob Dylan's original versions of both "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" and "All Along the Watchtower". I can say without a doubt that I prefer the GnR and Hendrix versions. They are far and away better than Dylan's monotone drone, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original   cover songs - Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 11:12 am

Krokus' version of "Ballroom Blitz" destroys the "Sweet" original.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original   cover songs - Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 4:41 pm

"Because the Night" performed by PATTI SMITH
(orig. by BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN)

"Blinded By the Light" performed by MANFRED MANN'S EARTH BAND
(orig. by BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN)
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original   cover songs - Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 6:05 pm

I'm not sure if I mentioned this one already (if I did, I don't remember any backlash that surely came from it and will come from it) but I prefer Type O Negative's version of Black Sabbath more than Black Sabbath's.

Now I'm ready for my punishmet cover songs - Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original - Page 5 37951: .
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original   cover songs - Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 6:08 pm

I prefer Type O's version of Cinnamon Girl.

Also, anything covered on any Me First and the Gimme Gimmes album. Their covers of song dreck like "Mandy", "Tomorrow" and "Seasons In The Sun" always rule!

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original   cover songs - Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 6:14 pm

tohostudios wrote:

I love that song but I never heard the origional so I couldn't say which I prefer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original   cover songs - Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 6:23 pm

KISS - 2,000 Man (Originally performed by the Rolling Stones)
Motley Crue - Anarchy in the UK (Originally performed by the Sex Pistols)
Aerosmith - I'm Down (Originally performed by the Beatles); Train Kept A Rollin' (Tiny Bradshaw)
Dio - any time he performs Deep Purple's Mistreated (my fav song of theirs). Though Coverdale was excellent, Ronnie's overpowering, operatic voice does true justice to the song. LONG LIVE DIO!!! cover songs - Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original - Page 5 505193 headbanger
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original   cover songs - Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 6:51 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

I love that song but I never heard the origional so I couldn't say which I prefer.

Really? You never heard the Neil Young version?

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original   cover songs - Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 7:42 pm

Just now heard this, on the new Firewind album they do a cover of the 80's hit, Maniac (He's [the changed it to She's] a Maniac, maniac on the floor. And [she's]dancing like [she's] never done before). Definatly kills the origional. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
Metal student
Metal student
Angelcake Adonisus Fox

Number of posts : 162

PostSubject: Re: Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original   cover songs - Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 7:50 pm

Cradle of Filth - "Hallowed Be Thy Name"

I don't know how, but they made it work.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original   cover songs - Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 7:56 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
I'm not sure if I mentioned this one already (if I did, I don't remember any backlash that surely came from it and will come from it) but I prefer Type O Negative's version of Black Sabbath more than Black Sabbath's.
Now I'm ready for my punishmet cover songs - Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original - Page 5 37951: .
Your punishment is that you get to live with yourself holding that opinion for the rest of your natural born life, and for all eternity - unless you come to your senses before you die that is. Suspect

get_the_firehouse wrote:
KISS - 2,000 Man (Originally performed by the Rolling Stones)
I was thinking of this one just the other day as I was listening to the Stones' version. Good call. cover songs - Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original - Page 5 309780
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original   cover songs - Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 7:57 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Your punishment is that you get to live with yourself holding that opinion for the rest of your natural born life, and for all eternity - unless you come to your senses before you die that is. Suspect

I can live with that. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original   cover songs - Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 8:00 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
TrogDawn wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

I can live with that. Very Happy
Oh sure, you say that now...but just wait and let it sink in for awhile. You'll be tearing your fingernails out and trying to skin yourself alive before too long... No

And then of course there's the inevitable scrotal pox... Shocked

Last edited by TrogDawn on Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original   cover songs - Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 8:00 pm

I just found out Ministry has a cover disc coming out next month. Here's the track listing:

1. Under My Thumb
2. Bang a Gong
3. Radar Love
4. Space Truckin'
5. Black Betty
6. Mississippi Queen
7. Just Got Paid
8. Roadhouse Blues
9. Supernaut
10. Lay Lady Lay
11. What A Wonderful World

I'm pretty sure something from this CD will make my list of preferred covers.

Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original   cover songs - Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 8:02 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I just found out Ministry has a cover disc coming out next month. Here's the track listing:

9. Supernaut

I wonder if this is the 1000 HOMO DJ's version? surprised
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original   cover songs - Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 8:03 pm

And that reminded me of this one:

Revolting Cocks - Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original   cover songs - Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 8:04 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

9. Supernaut

Yeah, I don't know. I already have Lay Lady Lay on the Filth Pig album and the Revolting Cocks cover I posted above but other than that, I'm not sure how Ministry handles covers.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original   cover songs - Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 8:07 pm

Opened up the industrial cover section of my brain:

Marilyn Manson - Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This
Marilyn Manson - Personal Jesus

White Zombie - I'm Your Boogeyman

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original   cover songs - Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 1:06 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

9. Supernaut

No, i've heard it... it diden't make my cover collection
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original   cover songs - Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cover Songs That You Prefer Over The Original
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next