Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Plagiarism in ex-Yugoslavia - can you recognize the original songs?

Go down 
+2
glassprison
TheGreatDuck
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

Plagiarism in ex-Yugoslavia - can you recognize the original songs? Empty
PostSubject: Plagiarism in ex-Yugoslavia - can you recognize the original songs?   Plagiarism in ex-Yugoslavia - can you recognize the original songs? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 6:45 pm

Over here in Croatia and other ex-YU countries, plagiarism isn't a rare phenomenon among popular musicians. Here are some songs that IMHO sound suspicously close to certain hard rock and metal songs. Can you guys recognize from which songs where (parts of) these songs stolen?

Last edited by TheGreatDuck on Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Plagiarism in ex-Yugoslavia - can you recognize the original songs?   Plagiarism in ex-Yugoslavia - can you recognize the original songs? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 9:27 pm

If any of those were "stolen" they have me totally fooled.
Back to top Go down
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

PostSubject: Re: Plagiarism in ex-Yugoslavia - can you recognize the original songs?   Plagiarism in ex-Yugoslavia - can you recognize the original songs? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 3:13 am

Well that first one wasn't stolen because I originally posted a wrong song, but I fixed it now. There's some obvious plagiarism of Maiden, Bruce Dickinson, Priest, Van Halen and Quiet Riot, respectively, among these songs.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Plagiarism in ex-Yugoslavia - can you recognize the original songs?   Plagiarism in ex-Yugoslavia - can you recognize the original songs? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 4:26 am

The only thing I picked up on, besides how horrible they all are, was a similarity to Van Halen's "Jump."
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Plagiarism in ex-Yugoslavia - can you recognize the original songs?   Plagiarism in ex-Yugoslavia - can you recognize the original songs? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 8:24 am

I recognize "Jump" in the last one. Thats it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

PostSubject: Re: Plagiarism in ex-Yugoslavia - can you recognize the original songs?   Plagiarism in ex-Yugoslavia - can you recognize the original songs? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 9:01 am

Two of the songs I posted are Jump rip-offs actually.

The others are Jelly Roll, Cum On Feel the Noize, Prowler, Touch of Evil, Lord of the Flies and Navigate the Seas of the Sun.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Plagiarism in ex-Yugoslavia - can you recognize the original songs?   Plagiarism in ex-Yugoslavia - can you recognize the original songs? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 8:11 pm

TheGreatDuck wrote:
Two of the songs I posted are Jump rip-offs actually..

I caught that but not sure about the others..
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Plagiarism in ex-Yugoslavia - can you recognize the original songs?   Plagiarism in ex-Yugoslavia - can you recognize the original songs? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 12:06 am

Here, special treat for all Flots fans starts at 42:25

http://vbox7.com/play:246ae88322

And before anyone sez it is a cover, on the official cassette tape that song is called "Breathless" and lyrics and music are credited to Iceberg Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Plagiarism in ex-Yugoslavia - can you recognize the original songs?   Plagiarism in ex-Yugoslavia - can you recognize the original songs? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 12:18 am

Another one for all Racer X fans. This time by acclaimed band IMPULSE from their Gladiator album from 1988. the song is called "Fighting For Love" music and lyrics by Iliya Kunchev Wink

Song starts at 19:26

Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plagiarism in ex-Yugoslavia - can you recognize the original songs?   Plagiarism in ex-Yugoslavia - can you recognize the original songs? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Plagiarism in ex-Yugoslavia - can you recognize the original songs?
Page 1 of 1