Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ozzy book news

Go down 
+9
Schbopo
Leatherface
Fat Freddy
manny
DallasBlack
nevermore
EvyMetal
MetalGuy71
mc666
13 posters
AuthorMessage

Ozzy book news Empty
PostSubject: Ozzy book news   Ozzy book news Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 1:21 pm

Quote :

OZZY OSBOURNE FINDING AUTOBIOGRAPHY DIFFICULT:

December 28, 2007

Ozzy Osbourne has been finding it difficult to write his autobiography because he can't remember anything about his past.

The Black Sabbath rocker signed a 1 million pound book deal with publishers Little Brown early last year, but so far he has not written any of it.

A source revealed: "I cannot imagine the book being ready in five months, because so far Ozzy hasn't written anything - he hasn't even got a ghostwriter yet. So it is going to be some time before the book actually appears, if it ever does."

Ozzy recently admitted that his memory has been suffering due to his previous alcohol and drug abuse.

He said: "My memory isn't what it used to be because of the drugs and alcohol I've been living on for the best part of my adult life. I often get asked, 'Is it true you snorted a line of ants?' Knowing me, there's a very good possibility. But do I remember it? No way."

Since Ozzy signed the deal his wife Sharon has written and published two books of her own.

Courtesy of www.digitalspy.co.uk

Sometimes the jokes write themselves.
Back to top Go down

Ozzy book news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy book news   Ozzy book news Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 2:58 pm

Man, that's sad.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Ozzy book news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy book news   Ozzy book news Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 3:09 pm

i don't think i'd want to read about someone taking a bunch of drugs, drinking to much alcohol, etc etc. i deal with people like that every day.

Ozzy book news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy book news   Ozzy book news Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 3:18 pm

Well, the thing too is - that Ozzy has lied so much in the past. Who's to say that is book would be truthful?

I love Ozzy as a musician, but he doesn't seem like a real person of integrity if ya know what I mean. Plus since he's already admitted that he can't remember his past. When he does write the book - it'll probably be a crock of 'stories'.

What books has Sharon written? Anyone know?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Ozzy book news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy book news   Ozzy book news Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 6:03 pm

blackieboy wrote:
Well, the thing too is - that Ozzy has lied so much in the past. Who's to say that is book would be truthful?

I love Ozzy as a musician, but he doesn't seem like a real person of integrity if ya know what I mean. Plus since he's already admitted that he can't remember his past. When he does write the book - it'll probably be a crock of 'stories'.

What books has Sharon written? Anyone know?

Sadly, this won't stop Sharon or the publishing company from putting out the book anyway. Who needs the truth when you have good writers and better finances?

As far as Sharon's books, I believe she put out one when the tv show was hot, concerning the whole family, then just a year ago or so, she put out another on dealing with her bout with cancer and claimed that she slept with Randy Rhodes. sick
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

Ozzy book news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy book news   Ozzy book news Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 6:13 pm

I think Ozzy should put out an autobiography, that just says: "I can't remember my past 'cause I was too hyped up on alcohol and drugs" and then about 200 blank pages after that.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

Ozzy book news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy book news   Ozzy book news Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 6:47 pm

Poor Ozzy can't remember alot of the words to his own songs. And he wants to write an autobiography.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Ozzy book news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy book news   Ozzy book news Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 12:28 am

Ozzy is a sad, pathetic old man and an autobiography from him does not sound like a good idea.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Ozzy book news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy book news   Ozzy book news Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 9:54 am

Bump

Ozzy Osbourne's long-awaited memoir will be published in the U.K. on October 1st. The book, titled "I Am Ozzy," was originally slated to arrive almost two years ago but was delayed twice.
The former Black Sabbath frontman and hard rock legend will detail his spectacular career in the book.
According to Yahoo! News, "I Am Ozzy, The Autobiography" chronicles the star's humble beginnings in the U.K. to his current position as international music and TV celebrity.
In a statement, he revealed what fans can expect from the bio, explaining: "It haunts me, all this crazy stuff.
"I took lethal combinations of booze and drugs for thirty smurfing years. I survived a direct hit by a plane, suicidal overdoses, STDs. I have been accused of attempted murder."
"Then I almost died while riding over a bump on a quad bike at f*cking two miles per hour. People ask me how come I'm still alive, and I don't know what to say," he said.
Osbourne will do a week-long publicity tour in England upon the book's publication which will include two book signing events. Publisher Antonia Hodgson called the book "fantastic," adding that it was "very much in the tone of his voice, very funny and a very full story."
Ozzy did a cover shoot for the book on June 17th. A U.S. publication date has yet to be announced.
Ozzy's wife and manager, Sharon Osbourne, published her own best-selling memoir in 2005, called "Extreme: My Autobiography." A second volume was rushed out in 2008 after Ozzy's book was delayed.
A documentary about Ozzy's life and career, called "Wreckage Of My Past, is due out in early 2010. The film is will be the first release from Jacko Productions, a company started by Ozzy's son Jack.
Ozzy is working on a new album that he expects to release later this year.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37648

Ozzy book news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy book news   Ozzy book news Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 9:58 am

"Autobiography" my a$$. I betcha Sharon hired someone to ghost-write it for him. Ozzy's lucky if he can remember what he had for breakfast by dinner time.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Ozzy book news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy book news   Ozzy book news Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 11:15 am

I find it hard to believe that the book would reveal something that most of us don't already know. And if it does, I'd be highly suspect of it's authenticity.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18940

Ozzy book news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy book news   Ozzy book news Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 11:24 pm

If it dose come out, I hope they also put the book on CD. Could you imagin Ozzy's voice coming out of your speakers, reading the book to you? Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

Ozzy book news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy book news   Ozzy book news Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 11:30 pm

Leatherface wrote:
If it dose come out, I hope they also put the book on CD. Could you imagin Ozzy's voice coming out of your speakers, reading the book to you? Razz

"...and then when I was foiv I-oh bloody hell, I dropped the moicrophone. SHARRRON!"
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Ozzy book news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy book news   Ozzy book news Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 7:41 am

If he can't remember anything why did he sign the book deal? Man he is hard up for money.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Ozzy book news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy book news   Ozzy book news Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 12:54 am

They should hire Bob Daisley to write it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Ozzy book news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy book news   Ozzy book news Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 9:46 am

Quote :
If he can't remember anything why did he sign the book deal?

Because Sharon told him too. So what if he can't remember anything or can't tell a cohesive story. That's what professional ghost writers are for. Ozzy himself couldn't put out a decent album either these days, but that certainly won't stop him.

Ozzy book news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy book news   Ozzy book news Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 10:21 am

akeldama wrote:

Laughing very hard

AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12622

Ozzy book news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy book news   Ozzy book news Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 10:48 am

Sharon will show him photos from old 70's rock magazines and family photo albums and ask him to comment. The actual text will have to be translated in every language including "english".

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

Ozzy book news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy book news   Ozzy book news Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 3:24 pm

akeldama wrote:

But then Robert Trujillo would end up having to re-write everything Bob wrote.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Ozzy book news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy book news   Ozzy book news Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 7:45 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
akeldama wrote:

But then Robert Trujillo would end up having to re-write everything Bob wrote.

lol! Not necessarily, he'd just have to put it in bold text or italicize them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ozzy book news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy book news   Ozzy book news Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ozzy book news
Page 1 of 1