Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite RIOT vocalist?

Go down 
+21
manny
brokentulsa
Gilbert
Troublezone
metalinmyveins
SideShowDisaSter
journeyman
Olafsto
Thrasher73
stormspell
TrogDawn
nevermore
mc666
Temple of Blood
Required Fields
Tall Tyrion
krokus
brontotex
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Favorite RIOT vocalist?
Guy Speranza
Favorite RIOT vocalist? - Page 2 Vote_lcap36%Favorite RIOT vocalist? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 36% [ 12 ]
Rhett Forrester
Favorite RIOT vocalist? - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%Favorite RIOT vocalist? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 4 ]
Tony Moore
Favorite RIOT vocalist? - Page 2 Vote_lcap42%Favorite RIOT vocalist? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 42% [ 14 ]
Mike DiMeo
Favorite RIOT vocalist? - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%Favorite RIOT vocalist? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33

AuthorMessage

Favorite RIOT vocalist? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite RIOT vocalist?   Favorite RIOT vocalist? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 11:14 am

Yes, Tony Moore was also on "Priveledge of Power". However, I was a bit disappointed in that one (they had raised the bar so high for themselves with "Thundersteel" though ... to follow that one up could not have been an easy feat).

So ... is Faith and Fire still in the same vein as Riot? Or is it a different sound altogether?
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Favorite RIOT vocalist?   Favorite RIOT vocalist? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 4:27 am

Guess you can say that Faith and Fire is in the same vein as Riot of today.
Sadly nothing like Thundersteel, but I like it, quality Hard Rock/ Melodic Metal/AOR.
You can get it from Cdbaby
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto

PostSubject: Re: Favorite RIOT vocalist?   Favorite RIOT vocalist? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 7:58 pm

Olafsto wrote:
Guess you can say that Faith and Fire is in the same vein as Riot of today.
Sadly nothing like Thundersteel, but I like it, quality Hard Rock/ Melodic Metal/AOR.
You can get it from Cdbaby

Cool! Yeah, I like the newer Riot. Thanks again for the info. I've just added Faith and Fire to my wishlist.

🤘
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Favorite RIOT vocalist?   Favorite RIOT vocalist? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2021 9:19 pm

Bumping another really old thread!

Guy, then Rhett and who cares after that.

brokentulsa and Glower like this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Favorite RIOT vocalist?   Favorite RIOT vocalist? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2021 9:54 pm

One of those bands I never gave a chance. They have a very strange mascot for a metal band. Lol
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Favorite RIOT vocalist?   Favorite RIOT vocalist? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2021 11:42 pm

Troublezone wrote:
One of those bands I never gave a chance. They have a very strange mascot for a metal band. Lol

They are awesome.

I voted Tony, followed closely by Rhett.

The latest singer Todd Michael Hall is excellent. Such a talent, with a voice similar to Tony's.

Speaking of Tony Moore, has he retired from the music business? I sure hope not. He did great on his comeback album with Riot.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Favorite RIOT vocalist?   Favorite RIOT vocalist? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2021 1:20 am

Gilbert wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

They are awesome.

I voted Tony, followed closely by Rhett.

The latest singer Todd Michael Hall is excellent. Such a talent, with a voice similar to Tony's.

Speaking of Tony Moore, has he retired from the music business? I sure hope not. He did great on his comeback album with Riot.

I’ll check them out on YouTube.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Favorite RIOT vocalist?   Favorite RIOT vocalist? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2021 3:44 am

Guy followed by rhett..
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Favorite RIOT vocalist?   Favorite RIOT vocalist? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2021 6:30 am

Tony Moore, but they are (or were) all pretty solid vocalists.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Favorite RIOT vocalist?   Favorite RIOT vocalist? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2021 7:15 am

I discovered the band when Rhett was in the band, but I prefer Guy as their vocalist.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Favorite RIOT vocalist?   Favorite RIOT vocalist? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2021 7:05 pm

manny wrote:
I discovered the band when Rhett was in the band, but I prefer Guy as their vocalist.

I discovered Riot in college with "Fire Down Under" when Guy was the vocalist so he's my favorite vocalist with the band.  But as others have said, I really don't hear a weak vocalist in the band on any of their albums.

And I can't believe it took me 14 years to vote in this poll!  Riot is one of my favorite "nostalgia bands" of stuff I listened to in college. I still play "Fire Down Under" about as frequently as I play any album these days.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Favorite RIOT vocalist?   Favorite RIOT vocalist? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2021 11:53 pm

Todd Michael Hall is easily as good as the others.

assault_attack likes this post

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Favorite RIOT vocalist?   Favorite RIOT vocalist? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2021 5:21 am

metalinmyveins wrote:
Bumping another really old thread!

Guy, then Rhett and who cares after that.

That is what WITCHFINDER said back in 07 Laughing very hard

Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Favorite RIOT vocalist?   Favorite RIOT vocalist? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2021 11:26 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

He went back to his roots. Plays bass and background vocals in a band fronted by original Anthrax singer Neil Turban

R&B soul jazzy stuff. The Immortal Soul Band.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Favorite RIOT vocalist?   Favorite RIOT vocalist? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2021 2:59 am

assault_attack wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

He went back to his roots. Plays bass and background vocals in a band fronted by original Anthrax singer Neil Turban

R&B soul jazzy stuff. The Immortal Soul Band.

Interesting. Gonna have to check it out.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Favorite RIOT vocalist?   Favorite RIOT vocalist? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2021 3:45 am

Here is something i found. Not bad at all:

Back to top Go down
pdf0427
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 26

PostSubject: Re: Favorite RIOT vocalist?   Favorite RIOT vocalist? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2021 9:09 am

I started reading through this and I didn't even realize how old the thread was until I got to the end. I love Mike Dimeo. I think they did a great string of records with Mike that are really overlooked. The 90s weren't the best of times for this music. Donnie Van Stavern and Bobby Jarzombek both play on a record a good friend of mine should have out in the next few months.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Favorite RIOT vocalist?   Favorite RIOT vocalist? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2021 11:52 am

Thought i'd share a photo of my Riot collection:

Favorite RIOT vocalist? - Page 2 IMG-20210131-184526
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite RIOT vocalist?   Favorite RIOT vocalist? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite RIOT vocalist?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2