Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans??

Go down 
+10
mc666
MetalGuy71
Witchfinder
iamrockerfun
Tall Tyrion
ultmetal
nevermore
ghost
DeathCult
krokus
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans?? Empty
PostSubject: ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans??   ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 4:48 pm

I can get this two cds for a good price new but i like to know if you guys like it. What do you think about this two cd´s???? THANKSSSSSSS.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans??   ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 4:53 pm

Their both pretty good albums really. But, if your going for that double disc edition of the two, the packaging sucks horribly
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans??   ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 5:28 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Their both pretty good albums really. But, if your going for that double disc edition of the two, the packaging sucks horribly

Yessss, i was going for the double disc edition, for less then 9 euros but if you are telling me that the packaging is horrible i will have to think about it twice. Thanksssssssssssssssssss.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans??   ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 5:32 pm

They are both my most favorite Alice Cooper albums. I really regret that he did not continue with this kind of music. But I don't have this double disk edition, I have the regular ones.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans??   ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 5:56 pm

I don't have the double disc version. I own the regular versions. But both are well worth picking up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans??   ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 6:28 pm

I have the double disc of Dragontown and the regular version of Brutal Planet. Both are really good albums and worth picking up.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans??   ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 7:24 pm

Like 'em both, a lot!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans??   ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 7:37 pm

Thanks guys. I will buy this cd´s. I will try to get them separate, not in the double edition. Thanksssssssss.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans??   ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 7:48 pm

Brutal Planet is terrific, IMO. Really dark and heavy, heaviest thing Alice has ever done, in fact. Have not heard Dragontown, is it similar?

I was not thrilled with The Eyes of Alice Cooper at all. Sleep
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans??   ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 7:53 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
Brutal Planet is terrific, IMO. Really dark and
heavy, heaviest thing Alice has ever done, in fact. Have not heard
Dragontown, is it similar?

I was not thrilled with The Eyes of Alice Cooper at all. Sleep

Yes, the two were musically very similar. I have the special edition of both of these albums.

Eyes of Alice Cooper is quite good as well, but very different from the
others. This album has Alice returning more to his roots of straight
forward rock and roll. He was really inspired by bands like the White
Stripes, a band I personally can't stand. However, I do like that
classic 70's Alice Cooper stuff, so Eyes appealed to me. "Detroit City"
and "This House is Haunted" come to mind immediately from this album.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans??   ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 7:58 pm

I'll have to pick up Dragontown then. I became an Alice fan with Constrictor, the 70s stuff was never that appealing to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans??   ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 8:23 pm

His WORST releases, in this Alice Cooper fan's mind. I much prefer the days when he wore the big, red cup on the outside of his black leather pants because it made me feel better about my own undersized, inverted penis. Neutral

See?

ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans?? S85113
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans??   ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 8:28 pm

Full Leather Jacket wrote:
His WORST releases, in this Alice Cooper fan's mind. I much prefer the days when he wore the big, red cup on the outside of his black leather pants because it made me feel better about my own undersized, inverted penis. Neutral

Why don´t you like it??? I honestly like to know because till now their have been only positive messages about this two cd´s. Let me know please.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans??   ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 10:22 pm

BRUTAL PLANET Rulezz ! i love it !
DragonTown is very similar !

very easy to remember songs.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans??   ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans?? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 11:08 pm

Love 'em both. Brutal Planet is my fave.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans??   ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans?? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 6:11 pm

Of the 2, I prefer Brutal Planet, but they are both similiar in sound. I think I like Brutal Planet more because that was the first Alice Cooper disc I had heard in a long, long time. It sounded so dark and heavy. Dragontown is a fine continuation of it. Alice switched gears and stripped down the sound for Eyes..., which is very different, but I also like allot. Still not sold on Dirty Diamonds. Something is lacking with that one, but I can't quite put my finger on it.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

PostSubject: Re: ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans??   ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans?? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 11:53 pm

i'm waitin for new AC release in 2008. what it should be ?
i'd like to hear it more heavy sound ...
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans??   ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans?? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 12:29 am

Thanks to everybody. I am going to buy this two cd´s.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans??   ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans?? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 1:50 am

i thought Brutal Planet was very Rob Zombie-ish, except with a Christian viewpoint lyricly. it was probably the heaviest album Alice ever did.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans??   ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans?? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 1:53 am

mc666 wrote:
i thought Brutal Planet was very Rob Zombie-ish, except with a Christian viewpoint lyricly. it was probably the heaviest album Alice ever did.

Yea, I could see that. I vaugely recall some reviewers giving Alice some flack for jumping on the band wagon of the NIN/Marilyn Manson-esque industrial style too. Didn't bother me none. Still a good cd.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans??   ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans?? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 2:29 am

These were my first Alice Cooper albums. I was familiar with some of his radio hits but it wasn't until I became a Christian and found out he was one too that I got his albums. I love both of them but I like Dragontown just a little more. I think the lyrics of both are high quality and they are regulars in my playlists (although not for a couple of months-I should pull these out). I am also getting into the sound of Eyes Of Alice Cooper and will seek out more. That being said, I also prefer the sound of these two more and wish he could have stayed in that vein but we must move forward I guess.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans??   ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans?? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 8:05 am

I like them both, and I prefer them both over his output from Constrictor through Hey Stoopid (my least fave Alice era). But my fave from this latter day era is definitely The Last Temptation. That's classic Coop all the way through and one of the best overall albums he's ever done, IMO. ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans?? 309780

ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans?? Alice_cooper_last_temptation
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following

PostSubject: Re: ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans??   ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans?? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 8:09 am

Full Leather Jacket wrote:

See?

ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans?? S85113
His WORST releases, in this
Alice Cooper fan's mind. I much prefer the days when he wore the big,
red cup on the outside of his black leather pants because it made me
feel better about my own undersized, inverted penis. Neutral

See?

Another post has been edited. This is disappointing, this keeps happening. I keep hearing offended, and the word Christian tossed around here. Honestly, I don't see it. Whoever keep's messin with my posts, is offendng me. I think it may be time to drop an email to niceboard. What does everyone think, since it is obvious the owner of this board is not resolving this issue, or is the one responsible?
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

PostSubject: Re: ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans??   ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans?? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 8:35 pm

i like AC 86 89 91 radio friendly albums. why not ?
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans??   ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans?? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 5:46 am

These two albums by Alice Cooper were my first two from him and I love them a lot, with Brutal Planet being my favorite. It really rocks hard. Lyrically it certainly mince words. Pick up the Bones is such a powerful song - good stuff. I do miss this sound from Alice, but I respect the man ftoo much to hold it against him. He truly is an interesting and great guy, someone I enjoy listening too. Long live Alice Cooper!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans??   ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ALICE COOPER:BRUTAL PLANET/DRAGONTOWN. Any fans??
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next