Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alice Cooper - Any Fans?

Go down 
+10
exact33
mr.electric39
Olafsto
DeathCult
Shiney
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
TrogDawn
EvyMetal
tohostudios
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Alice Cooper - Any Fans? Empty
PostSubject: Alice Cooper - Any Fans?   Alice Cooper - Any Fans? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 9:37 pm

I have been youtubing some really old Cooper jams from the early days. I gotta admit, I am starting to get it! His band was pretty darn talented! The theatrics do nothing for me as they seem extremely dated and I am way to de-sensitized. But musically, those guys could go off!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper - Any Fans?   Alice Cooper - Any Fans? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 9:38 pm

I'm not familiar with the gentleman.

Once I get all the european power metal on my want list, I will start to collect his stuff. I hear that "trash" album KILLS! and is indicative of his earlier works.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper - Any Fans?   Alice Cooper - Any Fans? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 9:39 pm

One of my first rock n roll experiences was seeing Alice Cooper's "Welcome To My Nightmare" performed on a concert show on ABC (forget the name). I loved it.

Had Vincent Price in it.

Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper - Any Fans?   Alice Cooper - Any Fans? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 3:25 am

spectrefate wrote:
I'm not familiar with the gentleman.

Once I get all the european power metal on my want list, I will start to collect his stuff. I hear that "trash" album KILLS! and is indicative of his earlier works.
Alice Cooper - Any Fans? 288219
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper - Any Fans?   Alice Cooper - Any Fans? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 3:40 am

Big fan here. Particularly of the original ALICE COOPER BAND circa 1969-1974. Alice Cooper - Any Fans? 309780
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper - Any Fans?   Alice Cooper - Any Fans? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 9:42 am

Love it all. Like the old Alice Cooper Band material all the way through his most recent albums. It's always hard to pick a favorite from an artist with so much great material to chose from, but I generally pick "Welcome to My Nightmare" as one the very best.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper - Any Fans?   Alice Cooper - Any Fans? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 10:03 am

I love his work in the 70's, both solo or AC Band, and I love his latter year works from The Last Temptation on, but I kinda felt he lost his direction in the 80's and early 90's. Not my favorite era.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper - Any Fans?   Alice Cooper - Any Fans? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 1:39 pm

I hate that guy...... lol!

My all time Fave....ALICE COOPER is to me as KISS and AEROSMITH are to Ult....
as SAXON is to well, SAXON and as rockers with vaginas are to SPECTRE.....

Have everything released, studio wise...

Saw the same ABC special TOHO spoke of....

One of the most underated bands ever...the band themselves were some of the best players EVER....listen to "Killer" or "School's Out" and contadict me, I dare ya!!!

ALICE , himslef stumbled from the path a bit during the mid/late 70's chosing outside writers and styles and musicians, but he has regained focus in later years...and in my opinion still rocks it...

Even crappy ALICE COOPER is good...alot like pizza or sex.

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper - Any Fans?   Alice Cooper - Any Fans? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 1:45 pm

Yeah. I really don't know alot about him.

I picked these things up at a store. I don't know what they are.

Alice Cooper - Any Fans? DSC02018

If anyone knows who the "Billion Dollar Babies" are can have this box set. There aren't any chicks in the band so I don't want it.

(wow, I really have let myself go)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper - Any Fans?   Alice Cooper - Any Fans? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 4:05 pm

I love Alice! Very Happy

I'd have to say my all time favorite album by him is Killer.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper - Any Fans?   Alice Cooper - Any Fans? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 8:41 pm

spectrefate wrote:

If anyone knows who the "Billion Dollar Babies" are can have this box set. There aren't any chicks in the band so I don't want it.

(wow, I really have let myself go)

They would be the original AC band minus Alice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper - Any Fans?   Alice Cooper - Any Fans? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 1:40 pm

I like Alice a lot, not a diehard fan, but I like most of his stuff.
Will see him live this summer at the NORWAY ROCK FESTIVAL Very Happy !!
Alice Cooper - Any Fans? Forside-mars4
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper - Any Fans?   Alice Cooper - Any Fans? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 11:52 pm

I have 'Brutal Planet' it's very good. I didn't dig his 80's stuff that soundtrack tune he did for Friday the 13th was crap, imo.

I've just missed it I suppose, what else is reminscient of 'Brutal Planet' ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper - Any Fans?   Alice Cooper - Any Fans? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 11:09 pm

i love alice cooper i discoverd him probaly how most fresh faced young aspring metal heads found him...Waynes World lol, and his stage shows are a huge inspartion on my band, but i dont seem to have enough of his tunes just the few popular ones i want some more underground stuff

any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper - Any Fans?   Alice Cooper - Any Fans? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 12:14 pm

mr.electric39 wrote:
I have 'Brutal Planet' it's very good. I didn't dig his 80's stuff that soundtrack tune he did for Friday the 13th was crap, imo.

I've just missed it I suppose, what else is reminscient of 'Brutal Planet' ?

Try Dragontown. Last Temptation was good too. After Dragontown, Alice kinda went back to his garage-rock roots, (which is fine by me) but it's got a different vibe.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper - Any Fans?   Alice Cooper - Any Fans? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 11:33 pm

It is amazing how good his voice sounds after all this time. His track on the new avantasia cd rocks!!

Alex

XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper - Any Fans?   Alice Cooper - Any Fans? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 11:43 pm

Gotta love him. His radio show is pretty awesome as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper - Any Fans?   Alice Cooper - Any Fans? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 9:42 pm

I am on a limited time frame at the moment, but I gotta get back to this thread and post my Michael Bruce story. Perhaps tomorrow evening. It's very longwinded (basically like all my posts are, really...lol).
Back to top Go down
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
Metal student
Metal student
Angelcake Adonisus Fox

Number of posts : 162

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper - Any Fans?   Alice Cooper - Any Fans? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 11:06 pm

Ah....the Coop.

Alice Cooper was, is, and always will be my eternal musical obsession. I love everything the man has recorded, even the stuff from the early 80s. I ESPECIALLY love his vintage early 70s, as well as the more slickly produced late 80s-early 90s stuff.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper - Any Fans?   Alice Cooper - Any Fans? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 12:22 am

I really need to get more of his stuff on cd. I had a whole bunch of records but alas no record player anymore...

Alex

EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper - Any Fans?   Alice Cooper - Any Fans? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 12:42 am

spectrefate wrote:

Do you wax your eyebrows?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper - Any Fans?   Alice Cooper - Any Fans? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 5:37 am

EvyMetal wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

Do you wax your eyebrows?

No. I'm naturally that hot.

One day if you take your vitamins and say your prayers, you can be like me.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper - Any Fans?   Alice Cooper - Any Fans? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 9:36 pm

you should make one of those artsy photo books - man posing with cds Very Happy

DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper - Any Fans?   Alice Cooper - Any Fans? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 9:45 pm

www.deathbythrash.com/alicecooper.htm Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper - Any Fans?   Alice Cooper - Any Fans? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 9:46 pm

I saw that, DC. Good job on it. You have alot of good info.

A friend of mine made me 5 DVDs worth of Alice stuff. I'm watching the '75 Nightmare TV Special right now. Bad ass!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper - Any Fans?   Alice Cooper - Any Fans? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alice Cooper - Any Fans?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next