Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tenacious D

Go down 
+12
sovdat
mc666
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
kmorg
EvyMetal
scottmitchell74
Smindas
Mglaffas81
ultmetal
Chairman_Smith
MetalRob331
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

Tenacious D - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tenacious D   Tenacious D - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 12:26 am

blackieboy wrote:
sovdat wrote:
I saw the movie recently (the one with that pick of destiny), but I
found it boring, mostly. Just another new movie with humour which
supposed to be funny, but is just stupid and repetitive. I didn't even
know that there was a CD of his, but if it's on the same level as those
songs in the movie, then I don't even want to know about it.

I agree. Stupid and repetitive. I'd also add the word "derivative". And yeah, the cds are on the same level.

Exactly. All that, and maybe "immature"...or "recycled" humor. The "humor" used in that movie seems to be of the same caliber of young teenagers with their lame, attempt-at-being-sarcastic humor...funny enough, it seems to be young adolescents that find Jack Black and his band/movie god-like...I just think it's stupid.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Tenacious D   Tenacious D - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 2:46 am

i think the song at the end of the movie is awesome. Its just awesome traditional metal with terrible lyrics.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: Tenacious D   Tenacious D - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 5:10 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
i think the song at the end of the movie is awesome. Its just awesome traditional metal with terrible lyrics.

I have not heard it, so I cannot judge...but see, terrible lyrics ruins a song for me...then it just get's so annoying, if you want to sing along or something...but from what I have heard from them, it's just average rock witht he worst sense of humor. (A great example is their joke rendition of "Spiderman"...I ached myself, having to go through it...the humor was so terrible).
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Tenacious D   Tenacious D - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 8:46 am

[flash][/flash]
Mglaffas81 wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

I have not heard it, so I cannot judge...but see, terrible lyrics ruins a song for me...then it just get's so annoying, if you want to sing along or something...but from what I have heard from them, it's just average rock witht he worst sense of humor. (A great example is their joke rendition of "Spiderman"...I ached myself, having to go through it...the humor was so terrible).

Well lyrics arent really important to me as much as the way the lyrics go with the music if they are sand well and with the music to make it a great sing along material i enjoy that more i guess.

Heres the last song in the movie..

Back to top Go down
metalmaniac122
Metal student
Metal student
metalmaniac122

Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: Tenacious D   Tenacious D - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 4:17 pm

I guess that there a band you either love or you hate, personaly I think there GREAT!!!humble
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tenacious D   Tenacious D - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 3:57 pm

Kyle Gass is certainly a great guitar player and Jack Black is just hilarious
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tenacious D   Tenacious D - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 12:12 am

I like the D thought the movie was funny and enjoy a few of their tunes
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Tenacious D   Tenacious D - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 7:57 pm

school of rock is an amazing film
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Tenacious D   Tenacious D - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 12:26 am

Saw them on The Who tribute concert. I thought they did a pretty fair rendition of Squeeze Box.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Tenacious D   Tenacious D - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 8:51 am

Theyre hit and miss with me

I do like the song Pick of Destiny and Kickapoo

Ive not heard the older stuff but if its got Grohl Ill need to get it cuz im a huge Grohl fan
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tenacious D   Tenacious D - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tenacious D
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2