Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Digi or Jewelcase?

Go down 
+15
Witchfinder
ensiferum2k
DeathCult
GrandNational
exact33
nevermore
mc666
scottmitchell74
DallasBlack
TheGooch
krokus
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
A Handful of Wayne
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Digi or Jewelcase? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digi or Jewelcase?   Digi or Jewelcase? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 8:25 am

ensiferum2k wrote:

Digipaks look much nicer, but if you don't take excellent care of your collection than they're probably not a good idea.

Bingo!

Alex

PostSubject: Re: Digi or Jewelcase?   Digi or Jewelcase? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 9:31 am

jewel case and might VINYL...
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Digi or Jewelcase?   Digi or Jewelcase? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 10:21 am

Digis for me. They look much nicer.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Digi or Jewelcase?   Digi or Jewelcase? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 7:26 am

Super bump from the past.

I just want to say that I hate digipaks more today than ever. The new Grave Digger I got is a digi and it irks the crap out of me.

Does anyone know if digipaks are cheaper for a label to produce? I'm just trying to figure out why a label would got the route of a digi over a jewel.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Digi or Jewelcase?   Digi or Jewelcase? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 7:34 am

They're ok but they bend and tear a lot.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Digi or Jewelcase?   Digi or Jewelcase? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 8:04 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I prefer jewelcases, if only because digi's can get easily damaged if you carry them around (as I am known to do ... I always have at least a dozen CDs in my knapsack that I bring to and from work)... if you break a jewelcase, you can always replace it with another one, but if you mess up a digi, you're pretty well screwed.

100% agree with Freddy, I hate digi packs, and what hate even more are superslim paper CD sleeves that have started packaging CD's in, loke Ozzy Osbourne's 'Black Rain, as a matter a fact I did not buy it til I saw a jewel case version of that CD at Best Buy.

If I have a choice between a jewel case or digi/paper sleeve I always buy the jewel case version which is what I choose when I purchased 'Death Magnetic' and 'Along Came a Spider'.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Digi or Jewelcase?   Digi or Jewelcase? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:32 am

SpectreFate wrote:

I just want to say that I hate digipaks more today than ever. The new Grave Digger I got is a digi and it irks the crap out of me.

Does anyone know if digipaks are cheaper for a label to produce? I'm just trying to figure out why a label would got the route of a digi over a jewel.

In theory, I would think the digi would probably cost more because you're paying for more design, paper stock and printing, right?

PostSubject: Re: Digi or Jewelcase?   Digi or Jewelcase? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:34 am

Quote :
In theory, I would think the digi would probably
cost more because you're paying for more design, paper stock and
printing, right?

Maybe. I don't see a digipak as giving the customer more for their money.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Digi or Jewelcase?   Digi or Jewelcase? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 2:18 pm

wow this is s real super bump haha. I believe that it is cheaper for them to make a digi than it is to do the jewel case. I dont understand why really though but the reason im saying this is because a lot of the time when I buy digis its a couple dollars cheaper than the jewel case.

PostSubject: Re: Digi or Jewelcase?   Digi or Jewelcase? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 2:20 pm

Which Ballads of a Hangman did you get, Wayne? Digi or Jewel?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Digi or Jewelcase?   Digi or Jewelcase? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 2:24 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
wow this is s real super bump haha. I believe that it is cheaper for them to make a digi than it is to do the jewel case. I dont understand why really though but the reason im saying this is because a lot of the time when I buy digis its a couple dollars cheaper than the jewel case.

I've always found the opposite to be true (digis more expensive), but that's because of bonus tracks and the like. Most, but not all, digi packs that I own are "super-deluxe-whoop-de-do" packages with all the bells and whistles that don't come with the plain-jane jewel case version.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Digi or Jewelcase?   Digi or Jewelcase? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 5:57 pm

jewelcase, digi's don't last as long
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Digi or Jewelcase?   Digi or Jewelcase? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 5:58 pm

Either way is fine with me. They both have their advantages.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Digi or Jewelcase?   Digi or Jewelcase? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 6:56 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

In theory, I would think the digi would probably cost more because you're paying for more design, paper stock and printing, right?

digipaks are cheaper to produce (less plastic) and their "eco friendly". Digi or Jewelcase? - Page 2 19976
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Digi or Jewelcase?   Digi or Jewelcase? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Digi or Jewelcase?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2