Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vain / No Respect...

Go down 
+4
rattpoison
7thSecond
Fat Freddy
Shiney
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Vain / No Respect... Empty
PostSubject: Vain / No Respect...   Vain / No Respect... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 12:03 pm

Wow. I bought this to sell, and I love it. The look is way over the top, and maybe that's why I never got into them before. I sure wish I had.

From the first sound this is a sleaze masterpices, imo. his vocals sound a bit Russ Dwarf of the Killer dwarfs.

Needless to say, i won't be selling it.

Anybody else have this?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vain / No Respect...   Vain / No Respect... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 12:06 pm

I have it on mp3. I dig it. Kind of a hidden gem from the 80's scene.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Vain / No Respect...   Vain / No Respect... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 7:07 pm

One o my all time favorite glam cds....

get ALL the VAIN cds... they are all solid. None quite as so as "No respect" but all good.

Sweet sweet cd...

PostSubject: Re: Vain / No Respect...   Vain / No Respect... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 7:15 pm

Perris Records just got a distro deal with Newbury Comics, I think, because all of a sudden every Perris Records album I've ever wanted is stocked there.

For $16.99.

Pffft! Vain is one of those bands. Wish I could find some used CDs for much cheaper.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Vain / No Respect...   Vain / No Respect... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 8:09 pm

I have it but haven't spun it in quite a while. If memory serves, "Secrets" is the best track on it.

On a side note, in the early 90s I saw one of the first (and likely one of the only) gigs by Davy Vain's shortlived band with Steve Adler of GNR, called "Roadcrew." They were pretty godawful, but Steve jammed a bunch of cover tunes with one of the opening bands (Bad Biscut) and that kicked ass.

I also met Steven Adler that night and had him autograph my APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION cassette's J-Card. He was REALLY out of it, you looked at his eyes and there was literally NO ONE home in there. His "autograph" looks more like someone killed a spider on my tape case.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by on Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: Vain / No Respect...   Vain / No Respect... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 8:52 pm

A GREAT album! I absolutely love this 80's gem.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Vain / No Respect...   Vain / No Respect... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 10:09 pm

Love this album, and one of the few albums from the god-awful glam metal scene i really dig. Davy's voice is the knockout for me and what separates them from the pack, he possesses a unique vulnerable emotion to his voice over the top of the usual stung by love lyrics. Probably the best example of how that kind of music should be done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vain / No Respect...   Vain / No Respect... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 12:12 am

Yeah the song "Secrets" is pretty awesome.

Glam metal isn't really my thing but the lead singer does have a memorable voice.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: Vain / No Respect...   Vain / No Respect... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 1:57 pm

Great album!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vain / No Respect...   Vain / No Respect... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 10:50 pm

Which Vain CD has Beat the Bullet on there? I like that song. I might like more but it was on a CD that Uncle Saxon made for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vain / No Respect...   Vain / No Respect... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 10:55 pm

Quote :
Which Vain CD has Beat the Bullet on there?

No Respect.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vain / No Respect...   Vain / No Respect... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 6:53 am

I like the album and the band.Davy Vain has a clean,and fairly unique voice.He also co-produced on Death Angel's "The Ultra Violence" disc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vain / No Respect...   Vain / No Respect... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 9:48 am

Man, I can't stop listening to this. Amazing.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Vain / No Respect...   Vain / No Respect... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 10:04 am

I agree, a great sleazy metal cd. They were heavier then bands from LA because they had a tuff san francisco attitude.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Vain / No Respect...   Vain / No Respect... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 10:35 am

I'll have to keep an eye out for this.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Vain / No Respect...   Vain / No Respect... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 1:03 am

Here's a treat for all you Vainaholics. This link below is a download to 'All Those Strangers' Vain's follow up to No Respect, it was recorded in 1991 but was never released due to record company politics. And since has been making its way round via bootleg. Its not as good as No Respect, but its in the same umm ah....vain as No Respect.

http://rapidshare.com/files/44890510/Vain-All_Those_Strangers.rar
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vain / No Respect...   Vain / No Respect... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 1:46 am

RP, can you walk me through that? I have no idea how to download that.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Vain / No Respect...   Vain / No Respect... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 1:25 am

1. Click on the link
2. Press the 'free' button
3. You then have to wait for the timer to tick down (usually 2 mins)
4. Then type in the password thats displayed in the little box.
5. Then a little window comes up and click 'save as'.
6. Make sure you know were you saved it, ie what folder its in.
7. After its downloaded, go to the file and unzip it or extract it.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus
Metal student
Metal student
Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: Vain / No Respect...   Vain / No Respect... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 8:16 am

Wow...thanks rattpoison. I would never have figured that out, and I'm fairly saavy with this kind of stuff. They don't make that simple, do they?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vain / No Respect...   Vain / No Respect... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 8:29 am

I've never downloaded a song in my life.

Thanks, bro.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vain / No Respect...   Vain / No Respect... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vain / No Respect...
Page 1 of 1