Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Udo - Give the man some respect

Go down 
+13
Fat Freddy
AngelRipper16
zombiewalkin
DallasBlack
Required Fields
mr.electric39
mc666
ultmetal
Glenn Rogers
scottmitchell74
Temple of Blood
Lurideath
manny
17 posters
AuthorMessage

Udo - Give the man some respect Empty
PostSubject: Udo - Give the man some respect   Udo - Give the man some respect Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 4:35 pm

Udo - Give the man some respect Udo2

Udo Dirkschneider should be a part of the "Metal Gods" with RJD, Lemmy and Halford. Here's some key selling points:

1. Udo has never made a wimpy record (although that song with Doro is borderline (sorry mc666, no disrespect))
2. Udo left Accept because the band were going in a more commercial direction and he wanted to remain "Balls to the Wall" metal.
3. He has never apologized for being metal.
4. He wears camo onstage.
5. He's humble and knows the fans are number one.
6. He's big in Russia.

etc, etc.

Do you agree or disagree that Udo holds his own when compared to the fathers of metal music?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Udo - Give the man some respect   Udo - Give the man some respect Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 4:39 pm

UDO holds own against the other fathers of metal music, even his name UDO Dirkschneider is as heavy metal as it gets.

UDO rules!!!! Like Lemmy and KISS he deserves his own action figure.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Udo - Give the man some respect   Udo - Give the man some respect Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 5:11 pm

I agree! Udo is a true metal legend!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Udo - Give the man some respect   Udo - Give the man some respect Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 5:13 pm

Disagree.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Udo - Give the man some respect   Udo - Give the man some respect Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 5:14 pm

...and he's as merry as Rob Halford. lol!

"London Leatherboys"....hmmmm...
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Udo - Give the man some respect   Udo - Give the man some respect Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 6:39 pm

He's up there.
Quote :

Udo has never made a wimpy record

Even the discoesque parts of Accept - Accept work and sound great!

As he ages he's looking more like a Goblin, which is also Metal!

He and the Elfin Dio should do a duel cd like Allen/Lande!!
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: Udo - Give the man some respect   Udo - Give the man some respect Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 6:52 pm

Mutch respect for the man...He was nice to me when I met him. Even let us watch the show from the stage.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Udo - Give the man some respect   Udo - Give the man some respect Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 6:59 pm

Love Udo. One of my favorite metal vocalists. Like some of the U.D.O. material as much as and better than some of the Accept material.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Udo - Give the man some respect   Udo - Give the man some respect Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 7:13 pm

yeah, i've always considered Udo along with the best frontmen in metal. he deserves a seat right along side them.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Udo - Give the man some respect   Udo - Give the man some respect Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 7:18 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Disagree.

What do you disagree with?

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Udo - Give the man some respect   Udo - Give the man some respect Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 12:46 am

ultmetal wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Disagree.

The question that spectrefate posed in his first post. Did you read it or merely glance at the title and start posting?
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Udo - Give the man some respect   Udo - Give the man some respect Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 12:56 am

With one of the most UNIQUE and powerful voices in metal.... Yeah UDO has earned much respect with me...

TOO HIGH TO GET IT RIGHT !!!!!

Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Udo - Give the man some respect   Udo - Give the man some respect Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 1:26 am

I appreciate.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Udo - Give the man some respect   Udo - Give the man some respect Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 8:21 am

spectrefate wrote:
Udo Dirkschneider should be a part of the "Metal Gods" with RJD, Lemmy and Halford. Here's some key selling points:

1. Udo has never made a wimpy record (although that song with Doro is borderline (sorry mc666, no disrespect))
2. Udo left Accept because the band were going in a more commercial direction and he wanted to remain "Balls to the Wall" metal.
3. He has never apologized for being metal.
4. He wears camo onstage.
5. He's humble and knows the fans are number one.
6. He's big in Russia.

etc, etc.

Do you agree or disagree that Udo holds his own when compared to the fathers of metal music?

Temple of Blood wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Disagree.

The question that spectrefate posed in his first post. Did you read it or merely glance at the title and start posting?

OK, again I ask. What do you disagree with?

Udo not only "holds his own", he is one of the "fathers of metal music".

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Udo - Give the man some respect   Udo - Give the man some respect Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 8:47 am

Nobody can deny Udo's status in the metal world. Though I'm not as familiar with Udo as I should be, I don't deny his place in metal's history.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Udo - Give the man some respect   Udo - Give the man some respect Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 10:18 am

ultmetal wrote:
Udo not only "holds his own", he is one of the "fathers of metal music".

Sorry, I thought you were asking me what question I was disagreeing with, and not why.

One big reason is that I don't think he is anywhere near as popular as the few people on that elite list that spectrefate made.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Udo - Give the man some respect   Udo - Give the man some respect Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 10:28 am

manny wrote:
UDO holds own against the other fathers of metal music, even his name UDO Dirkschneider is as heavy metal as it gets.

UDO rules!!!! Like Lemmy and KISS he deserves his own action figure.

I saw that Lemmy action figure yesterday...yeah, an UDO one would be cool.
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: Udo - Give the man some respect   Udo - Give the man some respect Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 12:09 pm

He is up there in the metal frontmen hall of fame but maybe not as much as say Lemmy and Ronnie James Dio. I love me some Accept though. A fun balls out metal band that deserve mucho respect imo.
Back to top Go down
AngelRipper16
Metal novice
Metal novice
AngelRipper16

Number of posts : 99

PostSubject: Re: Udo - Give the man some respect   Udo - Give the man some respect Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 12:15 pm

I don't think his voice is great but it fits and you get this kick-ass energy inside when you hear him roar through metal tracks. And I'm a big fan of his music. We have MANY bands making very much out of their music (symphony, prog, orchestra... no that it's not great) but Udo charges on with pure Heavy Metal like he has always done.

🤘
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Udo - Give the man some respect   Udo - Give the man some respect Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 12:16 pm

I respect Udo because even though he's old enough to be my Dad, he looks like he can probably still kick my ass up and down the block. Must be that camo outfit.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Udo - Give the man some respect   Udo - Give the man some respect Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 12:59 pm

I like Udo, but I guess I never thought of him in the same league with the other guys that were mentioned. I'm not sure why other than I'm not as familair with his work as I am with Halford or Lemmy. Spec makes a good argument for it though.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Udo - Give the man some respect   Udo - Give the man some respect Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 1:19 pm

Udo is metal incarnate.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Udo - Give the man some respect   Udo - Give the man some respect Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 3:06 pm

Udo kicks ass. period.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Udo - Give the man some respect   Udo - Give the man some respect Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 5:17 pm

Udo is amazing. His vocals are like a combo of Bon Scott and Rob Halford.

So yeah, I agree, Udo rules.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Udo - Give the man some respect   Udo - Give the man some respect Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Udo - Give the man some respect
Page 1 of 1