Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hit Parader=poser

Go down 
+13
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
nevermore
mc666
MetalGuy71
candlemass
Wargod
journeyman
jstate
ultmetal
Mglaffas81
DallasBlack
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Hit Parader=poser - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hit Parader=poser   Hit Parader=poser - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 10:36 am

I apologize for my outburst of anger in my last post here, but that guy really got my blood boiling by calling the music I know and love as "the most pointless derivative music ever". I don't understand how someone could insult the majority of the metal genre while at the same time praising the music that caused metal to go into hiding (as far as radio play and the like) on a metal discussion board. I should have just ignored his comments, because I know what we all know, that metal rulz!!!!!! 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Hit Parader=poser   Hit Parader=poser - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 11:29 am

DallasBlack wrote:
I apologize for my outburst of anger in my last post here, but that guy really got my blood boiling by calling the music I know and love as "the most pointless derivative music ever". I don't understand how someone could insult the majority of the metal genre while at the same time praising the music that caused metal to go into hiding (as far as radio play and the like) on a metal discussion board. I should have just ignored his comments, because I know what we all know, that metal rulz!!!!!! 🤘

You said it, bro! 🤘
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Hit Parader=poser   Hit Parader=poser - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 12:08 am

I'm sorry DallasBlack if you were offended by what i said. We obviously have different views about music and are very stubborn in supporting those views, which is cool.
What i said about the traditional metal scene was more in response to you labelling Nirvana as mediocre, to me mediocre is the majority of that traditionalist scene that is bound by its rules.
For not one minute do i think people who consider themselves 'metalheads' would only listen to metal, alot of metalheads i know have some of the most eclectic tastes in music.
I don't still don't think Nirvana were the villains many make them out to be on the metal scene, hard rock and metal's peak to me was the period surrounding Nirvana's success between 1991-1994. Many of hard rock/metal's classic albums were released in this time period, and Nirvana opened the doors for alot of brilliant talented bands that otherwise would not have been heard outside the underground. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hit Parader=poser   Hit Parader=poser - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 1:16 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:
Oh no, I am not holding his sexuality against him. That came out wrong, I know. I read, he was violent, and hurt/raped every person that did not agree with his blasphemous views (and tons of other stuff, revealing what a prick he really was). I still do not agree on the riffs, though. That, I will never believe.
Are you serious? When did Kurt Cobain become Mike Tyson? You're blinded by your childish dislike for Cobain. It's retarded.

This is officially this forum's first absolutely retarded thread.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Hit Parader=poser   Hit Parader=poser - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 6:08 am

You heard it here first, Eyesore denounces a topic. And if Eyesore denounces it, it has to be dire *beaten*

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Hit Parader=poser   Hit Parader=poser - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 7:02 am

Eyesore wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:
Oh no, I am not holding his sexuality against him. That came out wrong, I know. I read, he was violent, and hurt/raped every person that did not agree with his blasphemous views (and tons of other stuff, revealing what a prick he really was). I still do not agree on the riffs, though. That, I will never believe.
Are you serious? When did Kurt Cobain become Mike Tyson? You're blinded by your childish dislike for Cobain. It's retarded.

no, not really. I am just saying, I do not agree that he wrote some of the hookiest riffs ever. From numerous sources and interviews, people have revealed that Kurt Cobain was a sick, violent person. But anyway, enough of that.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Hit Parader=poser   Hit Parader=poser - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 9:48 am

rattpoison wrote:
I'm sorry DallasBlack if you were offended by what i said. We obviously have different views about music and are very stubborn in supporting those views, which is cool.
What i said about the traditional metal scene was more in response to you labelling Nirvana as mediocre, to me mediocre is the majority of that traditionalist scene that is bound by its rules.
For not one minute do i think people who consider themselves 'metalheads' would only listen to metal, alot of metalheads i know have some of the most eclectic tastes in music.
I don't still don't think Nirvana were the villains many make them out to be on the metal scene, hard rock and metal's peak to me was the period surrounding Nirvana's success between 1991-1994. Many of hard rock/metal's classic albums were released in this time period, and Nirvana opened the doors for alot of brilliant talented bands that otherwise would not have been heard outside the underground. Smile

I think we now understand each other so Peace.
Happy
I want to state here and now my dislike for Nirvana has nothing to do with the music. As a matter of fact I've stated that I like quite a bit of their music and the music of some of those who they influenced. Just because I think some music is mediocre doesn't mean I don't like it. I just think that bands like Nirvana and the like are WAY too overrated. Also the only thing about Cobain I don't like was his suicide, drug addiction, and his "woe is me I'm popular, I'm rich, my life sucks" attitude. My disgust is with the media who is so obsessed with the "in" thing. Too much music is praised for it's origionality, popularity, looks, anti-establishment, and the like instead of the quality of the music.

Also Eyesore, I hope the retarded comment was not directed at me Very Happy .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hit Parader=poser   Hit Parader=poser - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 2:30 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

no, not really. I am just saying, I do not agree that he wrote some of the hookiest riffs ever. From numerous sources and interviews, people have revealed that Kurt Cobain was a sick, violent person. But anyway, enough of that.
Fine, don't like his riffs. But calling the guy a faggot and a violent rapist is idiotic at best. I have never once read any interview that claimed Cobain was a sick and violent person, so I call BS on that nonsense.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hit Parader=poser   Hit Parader=poser - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 2:33 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
I want to state here and now my dislike for Nirvana has nothing to do with the music.
But shouldn't it? Nothing else should matter. Art is art. People are people. They can—and should—be separated.

Quote :
Also Eyesore, I hope the retarded comment was not directed at me Very Happy .
No. It wasn't directed at anyone, really; it was just a general comment about the flow of discussion. I'm all about intelligent debate, but this one dipped into Retard Zone a few times. Haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hit Parader=poser   Hit Parader=poser - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 2:38 pm

I hate everybody.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hit Parader=poser   Hit Parader=poser - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 2:43 pm

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
I hate everybody.

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Hit Parader=poser   Hit Parader=poser - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 2:49 pm

Eyesore wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
I want to state here and now my dislike for Nirvana has nothing to do with the music.
But shouldn't it? Nothing else should matter. Art is art. People are people. They can—and should—be separated.

First of all that was just a small fraction of what I was trying to say with that statement. Yes the art should be judged separate from the artist, I was just saying that I liked the music but didn't think it was the greatest thing I ever heard (which many people claimed). I just never thought Nirvana was as good as they were hyped up to be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hit Parader=poser   Hit Parader=poser - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 2:50 pm

I don't like most of the grunge bands at all. But I always thought Nirvana was actually pretty good. Just me I guess ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hit Parader=poser   Hit Parader=poser - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 3:58 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
First of all that was just a small fraction of what I was trying to say with that statement. Yes the art should be judged separate from the artist, I was just saying that I liked the music but didn't think it was the greatest thing I ever heard (which many people claimed). I just never thought Nirvana was as good as they were hyped up to be.
I know, I was simply adding on to that one thought of yours.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hit Parader=poser   Hit Parader=poser - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 4:00 pm

Funny thing is, as much as i love Heavy Metal, I never called myself a
"metalhead". I don't know, I always thought it was stupid....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hit Parader=poser   Hit Parader=poser - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 4:24 pm

Sacrifice wrote:
I'm a music fan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hit Parader=poser   Hit Parader=poser - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 4:25 pm

I'm a squirrel farmer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hit Parader=poser   Hit Parader=poser - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 6:37 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Sacrifice wrote:
I'm a music fan.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hit Parader=poser   Hit Parader=poser - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 6:46 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I'm a squirrel farmer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hit Parader=poser   Hit Parader=poser - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 7:21 pm

Sacrifice wrote:

We'll just call you wanker.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hit Parader=poser   Hit Parader=poser - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 7:52 pm

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
Sacrifice wrote:

We'll just call you wanker.

Fair enough. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hit Parader=poser   Hit Parader=poser - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hit Parader=poser
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3