Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Resistance - PATENTS OF CONTROL

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Resistance - PATENTS OF CONTROL Empty
PostSubject: Resistance - PATENTS OF CONTROL   Resistance - PATENTS OF CONTROL Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 9:03 am

Resistance - PATENTS OF CONTROL M_c4fd6555e7e3b3dad5af479b7a29f1b0

Anybody here familiar with this L.A. band? I got a promo of their new album to review for Detritus and I've been listening to it pretty well non stop for the past coupla days. Sort of a progressive thrash band, with emphasis on the "thrash." Think JUSTICE era Metallica, early Iced Earth, maybe with a hit of Nevermore (they're not quite as weird/technical as Nevermore can be). The singer reminds me a bit of Sebastian Bach (!) in some spots. This appears to be a concept album of some sort having to do with the New World Order, mind control, the Illuminati, or some such nonsense, but since I dont' have a lyric sheet that part is pretty well lost on me. Smile

Interested? Check out their sites... the MySpace page has a bunch of tunes to listen to, I suggest starting with "Inhumanation." 🤘

http://www.myspace.com/resistancemetal
http://www.resistancemetal.com

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by on Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resistance - PATENTS OF CONTROL   Resistance - PATENTS OF CONTROL Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 9:10 am

I like what I have heard on Myspace. He does sound like Bach on the high note in the chorus of Inhumation. The music resembles Agent Steel, and the singer when he isn't hitting the highs reminds me of someone but I can't put my finger on it.

I think this sounds pretty darn good.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Resistance - PATENTS OF CONTROL   Resistance - PATENTS OF CONTROL Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 7:16 pm

I have had this for sometime just haven't gotten to hear it yet!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Resistance - PATENTS OF CONTROL   Resistance - PATENTS OF CONTROL Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 10:08 am

I know them. I've seen them live a few times and at a party gig. Some of the members are cops.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Resistance - PATENTS OF CONTROL   Resistance - PATENTS OF CONTROL Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 4:19 am

Not sure if we are talking about the same band that released a new album titled metal machine earlier this year. I highly recommend you check this one out. Was a blind purchase for me, and i must say i am more than satisfied.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Resistance - PATENTS OF CONTROL   Resistance - PATENTS OF CONTROL Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 4:21 am

Just checked metal archives. It is the same band indeed.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: Resistance - PATENTS OF CONTROL   Resistance - PATENTS OF CONTROL Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 10:40 pm

I will chime in and second that their new one is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Resistance - PATENTS OF CONTROL   Resistance - PATENTS OF CONTROL Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 12:31 pm

metalken wrote:
I will chime in and second that their new one is awesome.

headbanger headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resistance - PATENTS OF CONTROL   Resistance - PATENTS OF CONTROL Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Resistance - PATENTS OF CONTROL
Page 1 of 1