Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Control Denied

Go down 
+7
nevermore
Wrecked Neck
Temple of Blood
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
Orion Crystal Ice
Required Fields
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Control Denied Empty
PostSubject: Control Denied   Control Denied Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 8:47 pm

Icon Vs. Icon (Webzine) recently conducted an interview with acclaimed metal drummer Richard Christy (ICED EARTH, DEATH, LEASH LAW, CONTROL DENIED, BURNING INSIDE). An excerpt from the chat follows below.

Icon Vs. Icon: We wanted to ask you about the unreleased [second] CONTROL DENIED record. I know that you and some other band members were still looking to make that happen. What is the status of that?

Richard Christy: I am really psyched about that. That is another thing that I will be working on this year! I am so happy that I can finally say that we are finally moving forward on that. I have been getting a lot of e-mail and questions over the past few years from fans asking when that album is going to come out. Unfortunately, there were some legal issues with the label that had signed that album. To my knowledge, the label doesn't exist anymore and all the legal issues have been cleared up and we are able to move forward. I am very close with [CONTROL DENIED/DEATH mainman] Chuck Schuldiner's family and I talk with them often. They are very excited about this moving forward as well. We are going to get everybody together up in Morristown, New Jersey and finish the record this year. We just have to talk to everybody about their schedules — Steve DiGiorgio [bass], Shannon Hamm [guitar] and Tim Aymar [vocals]. Also, [producer] Jim Morris (of Morrissound Studio) because he is really excited to do it too! The drums and Chuck's guitar parts are recorded, we just have to go in and finish the rest. I can't wait because the music is incredible! People are going to be so psyched when they hear this album, because it is monstrous! It is really going to be amazing. I am really excited to finish that because that was one of Chuck's last wishes, that fans would get to hear the second CONTROL DENIED album, and I am so glad that we can finally make that happen.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Control Denied Empty
PostSubject: Re: Control Denied   Control Denied Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:25 pm

did not like the first one. Wonder if this one shows the progression Chuck typically did..
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Control Denied Empty
PostSubject: Re: Control Denied   Control Denied Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 1:58 am

Required Fields wrote:
Icon Vs. Icon (Webzine) recently conducted an interview with acclaimed metal drummer Richard Christy (ICED EARTH, DEATH, LEASH LAW, CONTROL DENIED, BURNING INSIDE). An excerpt from the chat follows below.

Icon Vs. Icon: We wanted to ask you about the unreleased [second] CONTROL DENIED record. I know that you and some other band members were still looking to make that happen. What is the status of that?

Richard Christy: I am really psyched about that. That is another thing that I will be working on this year! I am so happy that I can finally say that we are finally moving forward on that. I have been getting a lot of e-mail and questions over the past few years from fans asking when that album is going to come out. Unfortunately, there were some legal issues with the label that had signed that album. To my knowledge, the label doesn't exist anymore and all the legal issues have been cleared up and we are able to move forward. I am very close with [CONTROL DENIED/DEATH mainman] Chuck Schuldiner's family and I talk with them often. They are very excited about this moving forward as well. We are going to get everybody together up in Morristown, New Jersey and finish the record this year. We just have to talk to everybody about their schedules — Steve DiGiorgio [bass], Shannon Hamm [guitar] and Tim Aymar [vocals]. Also, [producer] Jim Morris (of Morrissound Studio) because he is really excited to do it too! The drums and Chuck's guitar parts are recorded, we just have to go in and finish the rest. I can't wait because the music is incredible! People are going to be so psyched when they hear this album, because it is monstrous! It is really going to be amazing. I am really excited to finish that because that was one of Chuck's last wishes, that fans would get to hear the second CONTROL DENIED album, and I am so glad that we can finally make that happen.

I can't wait to hear it! It's been so long that it's like a time capsule.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Control Denied Empty
PostSubject: Re: Control Denied   Control Denied Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 5:15 pm

I might want to hear a song or 2 before purchasing, but I enjoyed the 1st one very much.

Wasn't there an "unauthorized" 2nd Control Denied album put out already?

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Control Denied Empty
PostSubject: Re: Control Denied   Control Denied Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 11:27 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Wasn't there an "unauthorized" 2nd Control Denied album put out already?

Those were just demos IIRC.

I doubt this will be too great without Chuck's final oversight and seeing how the first CD album was so un-focused.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

Control Denied Empty
PostSubject: Re: Control Denied   Control Denied Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2018 1:02 am

Anyone here buying the new remastered vinyl edition coming out in June? I just preordered the 3lp splattered vinyl boxset. Guess it comes with a slipmat, picks, a poster, and the demos on the 3rd lp. Can't wait to get it, loved that album, but never got around to buying it on cd or anything until now.  

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/chuck-schuldiners-control-denied-the-fragile-art-of-existence-to-be-released-on-vinyl/

CHUCK SCHULDINER's CONTROL DENIED: 'The Fragile Art Of Existence' To Be Released On Vinyl

CONTROL DENIED, the progressive heavy metal brainchild of legendary DEATH mastermind Chuck Schuldiner, released its first and only album, "The Fragile Art Of Existence", in 1999 to massive critical acclaim. Now available for the first time ever as an official vinyl release, "The Fragile Art Of Existence" has been fully remastered with additional bonus tracks and demos plus deluxe repackaging. The vinyl will see its official release on June 1 via Relapse Records.
Available as a gatefold 2xLP, double picture disc and deluxe 3xLP boxset featuring over an hour of rare material (extra tracks and early demos previously only available on the Relapse deluxe 3xCD reissue), this is the definitive edition of this timeless classic.
Watch the official vinyl promo video featuring "Expect The Unexpected" below.
"The Fragile Art Of Existence" is the sound of traditional metal stepping into a new century; an album where the experiences and inspirations of trail-blazing, world-class musicians coalesced under the watchful eye of one of the genre's master craftsmen.

"The Fragile Art Of Existence" (3xLP box set) track listing:
LP 1/2:
01. Consumed
02. Breaking The Broken
03. Expect The Unexpected
04. What If…?

05. When The Link Becomes Missing
06. Believe
07. Cut Down
08. The Fragile Art Of Existence
LP 3:

01. Consumed - 1999 Demo
02. When The Link Becomes Missing - 1999 Demo
03. Breaking The Broken (with Chuck Schuldiner on vocals) - 1999 Demo
04. Believe - 1997 Demo
05. The Fragile Art Of Existence - 1996 Demo
06. Expect The Unexpected - With Chuck Schuldiner on vocals - 1996 Demo
07. What If…? - With Chuck Schuldiner on vocals - 1996 Demo
08. Cut Down - With Chuck Schuldiner on vocals - 1996 Demo
Chuck Schuldiner was the creative center of the influential heavy metal band DEATH. Combining strong songwriting with powerful, brutally delivered lyrics, the band was anything if not extreme. Seeking a project a little closer to his classic metal roots, in 1996 Schuldiner assembled CONTROL DENIED, a band which borrowed most of DEATH's personnel and added the strong and clear vocals of Tim Aymar. Aymar had provided vocals for a string of successful metal bands, including PSYCHO SCREAM, and he suited the more melodic approach that Schuldiner was looking for. To Schuldiner, CONTROL DENIED was part of a vision — he acted much like a director or coach in bringing that vision to fruition. He maintained tight creative control yet allowed the creative talents of musicians like Aymar and bassist Steve DiGiorgio to shine through. The project produced one album, "The Fragile Art Of Existence", in 1999, issued by Nuclear Blast America and now reissued in a deluxe package by Relapse Records in 2018.

Pre Order yours here
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Control Denied Empty
PostSubject: Re: Control Denied   Control Denied Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2018 1:18 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Anyone here buying the new remastered vinyl edition coming out in June? I just preordered the 3lp splattered vinyl boxset. Guess it comes with a slipmat, picks, a poster, and the demos on the 3rd lp. Can't wait to get it, loved that album, but never got around to buying it on cd or anything until now.  

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/chuck-schuldiners-control-denied-the-fragile-art-of-existence-to-be-released-on-vinyl/

CHUCK SCHULDINER's CONTROL DENIED: 'The Fragile Art Of Existence' To Be Released On Vinyl

CONTROL DENIED, the progressive heavy metal brainchild of legendary DEATH mastermind Chuck Schuldiner, released its first and only album, "The Fragile Art Of Existence", in 1999 to massive critical acclaim. Now available for the first time ever as an official vinyl release, "The Fragile Art Of Existence" has been fully remastered with additional bonus tracks and demos plus deluxe repackaging. The vinyl will see its official release on June 1 via Relapse Records.
Available as a gatefold 2xLP, double picture disc and deluxe 3xLP boxset featuring over an hour of rare material (extra tracks and early demos previously only available on the Relapse deluxe 3xCD reissue), this is the definitive edition of this timeless classic.
Watch the official vinyl promo video featuring "Expect The Unexpected" below.
"The Fragile Art Of Existence" is the sound of traditional metal stepping into a new century; an album where the experiences and inspirations of trail-blazing, world-class musicians coalesced under the watchful eye of one of the genre's master craftsmen.

"The Fragile Art Of Existence" (3xLP box set) track listing:
LP 1/2:
01. Consumed
02. Breaking The Broken
03. Expect The Unexpected
04. What If…?

05. When The Link Becomes Missing
06. Believe
07. Cut Down
08. The Fragile Art Of Existence
LP 3:

01. Consumed - 1999 Demo
02. When The Link Becomes Missing - 1999 Demo
03. Breaking The Broken (with Chuck Schuldiner on vocals) - 1999 Demo
04. Believe - 1997 Demo
05. The Fragile Art Of Existence - 1996 Demo
06. Expect The Unexpected - With Chuck Schuldiner on vocals - 1996 Demo
07. What If…? - With Chuck Schuldiner on vocals - 1996 Demo
08. Cut Down - With Chuck Schuldiner on vocals - 1996 Demo
Chuck Schuldiner was the creative center of the influential heavy metal band DEATH. Combining strong songwriting with powerful, brutally delivered lyrics, the band was anything if not extreme. Seeking a project a little closer to his classic metal roots, in 1996 Schuldiner assembled CONTROL DENIED, a band which borrowed most of DEATH's personnel and added the strong and clear vocals of Tim Aymar. Aymar had provided vocals for a string of successful metal bands, including PSYCHO SCREAM, and he suited the more melodic approach that Schuldiner was looking for. To Schuldiner, CONTROL DENIED was part of a vision — he acted much like a director or coach in bringing that vision to fruition. He maintained tight creative control yet allowed the creative talents of musicians like Aymar and bassist Steve DiGiorgio to shine through. The project produced one album, "The Fragile Art Of Existence", in 1999, issued by Nuclear Blast America and now reissued in a deluxe package by Relapse Records in 2018.

Pre Order yours here

I preordered a copy of this on black vinyl.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Control Denied Empty
PostSubject: Re: Control Denied   Control Denied Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2018 2:07 pm

I need to check out this band. I am way behind on Chuck's work. Only own one Death album...
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

Control Denied Empty
PostSubject: Re: Control Denied   Control Denied Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2022 4:24 pm

Just purchased this trash cd.
Someone highly suggested it.
Read the singer died ? How ?
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

Control Denied Empty
PostSubject: Re: Control Denied   Control Denied Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2022 11:04 pm

Glower wrote:
Just purchased this trash cd.
Someone highly suggested it.
Read the singer died ? How ?
I don't think he died, but the band seized to exist when Chuck died.

I really love this CD. I like it better than Death, because of the powerful vocals.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Control Denied Empty
PostSubject: Re: Control Denied   Control Denied Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2022 6:13 am

Control Denied's singer (Tim Aymar) is alive and well and currently fronts the band HELIOS, who recently released their debut via Stormspell.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Control Denied Empty
PostSubject: Re: Control Denied   Control Denied Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Control Denied
Page 1 of 1