Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lust Control

Go down 
+4
arttieTHE1manparty
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
Stender
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Lust Control Empty
PostSubject: Lust Control   Lust Control Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 9:31 pm

Been getting into them lately. I am planning on getting "Not Ashamed" soon but I need to know the release date for the original press. Does anybody know? I think it is 1992 but I am not sure. Anyways, does anybody else like them? The lyrics are really pointed, which is a good thing, but sometimes their so much that they will make you either cringe or laugh. I find myself cringing most of the time, very convicting band.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Lust Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lust Control   Lust Control Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 10:03 pm

These are the dudes with the funny masks on right? I believe Doug Van Pelt of Heaven's Metal magazine fame was a member of the band (under a pseudonym) ... don't know much beyond that. I think I had a compilation CD that had one of their songs on it at one time, sounded like pretty funny stuff.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Lust Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lust Control   Lust Control Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 10:25 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
These are the dudes with the funny masks on right? I believe Doug Van Pelt of Heaven's Metal magazine fame was a member of the band (under a pseudonym) ... don't know much beyond that. I think I had a compilation CD that had one of their songs on it at one time, sounded like pretty funny stuff.

You're right Doug was in that band.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Lust Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lust Control   Lust Control Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 10:59 pm

troublezone wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

You're right Doug was in that band.

Yeah Doug was the vocalist, not a bad one really...

Anybody know that release date?
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

Lust Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lust Control   Lust Control Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 11:12 pm

Members of One Bad Pig were also in the band.

Yes, it originally came out in 1192. It was reissued in 2006 under the adapted name We Are Not Ashamed (Getting It Right The Second Time) with four different cover options.

I have always liked their style and sound, though I totally agree about the lyrics being INCREDIBLY blunt and cringe-worthy at times. I have all of their stuff except the "greatest hits" release The Worst Of which came out in 2000.

They have a site... www.lustcontrol.com

Arttie

Last edited by arttieTHE1manparty on Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

Lust Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lust Control   Lust Control Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 11:16 pm

Doug Van Pelt went by Gene. Some people think he's obscene. Not sure if John Styll was one of those people.

I enjoy Lust Control.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Lust Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lust Control   Lust Control Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 11:22 pm

Thanks for the site and release date confirmation Arttie.

So was "Dancing Naked" and "This is a condom nation" on CD media or were they just casettes?
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Lust Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lust Control   Lust Control Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 11:36 pm

I believe they were cassettes only, BUT, I have seen bootlegs of Condom Nation on CD. There was a guy on eBay who was selling a TON of bootlegged Christian metal at one time, and, even though I KNEW they were boots, I bought a handful just because I didn't want to wear out my rare cassettes.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Lust Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lust Control   Lust Control Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 11:38 pm

Also, the Condom Nation tracks are on the re-issue of We Are Not Ashamed.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Lust Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lust Control   Lust Control Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 12:04 am

Thanks for the help. I'm just contemplating whether to track down all the original releases or just go for the reissue that has most of the other songs from other albums on it.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Lust Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lust Control   Lust Control Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 2:32 am

Quote :
Yes, it originally came out in 1192.

Wow, they must be the oldest band in history. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Lust Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lust Control   Lust Control Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 7:52 am

I've still got my cassette copy of We Are Not Ashamed.Pretty blunt lyrics but some good songs none the less.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

Lust Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lust Control   Lust Control Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 10:32 am

I'm a fan. I've got We Are Not Ashamed, The Worst Of, and a video tape documentary called "Alternatives To Emptee Vee" (MTV).
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

Lust Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lust Control   Lust Control Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 1:19 pm

I have been looking for that video for years! Wanna sell or trade it?
Back to top Go down

Lust Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lust Control   Lust Control Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 6:39 pm

Avoid "The Worst of" [at least the first press]. Horrible sound quality. The cassettes sounded better!
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Lust Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lust Control   Lust Control Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 6:55 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Avoid "The Worst of" [at least the first press]. Horrible sound quality. The cassettes sounded better!

Serious? The worst of must sound like utter crap then...

Whats all on that anyway? Just random best of or are there any full albums?
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Lust Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lust Control   Lust Control Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 7:02 pm

troublezone wrote:
Quote :
Yes, it originally came out in 1192.

Wow, they must be the oldest band in history. Laughing

LOL! Sorry about the typo...I meant 1992.

Arttie
Back to top Go down

Lust Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lust Control   Lust Control Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 7:03 pm

Stender wrote:
SAXON1500 wrote:

Serious? The worst of must sound like utter crap then...

Whats all on that anyway? Just random best of or are there any full albums?

1-This is a Condom Nation 2- Dancing Naked 3- and Feminazi

1. Grace
2. Rude Awakening
3. Madolyn Murray O'Hair
4. Wretched
5. Apocalyptic Nightmare
6. I Want To Die
7. Mad At The Girls
8. The Big "M"
9. You Make Me Puke
10. There Is A Fountain / Grace Reprise
11. Rebuke
12. Jesus Washed Judas' Feet
13. Dancing Naked
14. What About Your Wife?
15. Fun, Fun Feeling
16. Living In The New Age
17. Witch Hunt
18. What's Goin' On
19. Say It Like A Rock Star
20. Big Bang
21. Deliverance
22. John Styll
23. Operation Rescue
24. That Groove Thang
25. You Too
26. Planned Parenthood / Grace Reprise
27. Feminazi
28. Don't Kill You
29. Temptation
30. I Blew Up The Clinic Real Good
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Lust Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lust Control   Lust Control Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 7:13 pm

Awesome, So All I really need to get is the "Worst of" and "Not ashamed" to have everything they put out.

Thank you Uncle.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

Lust Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lust Control   Lust Control Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 11:27 pm

Hehehe. I always got a laugh. Good, fun stuff with lyrics that could be convicting or downright cringe-worthy, but a welcome dose of comedy nonetheless. I get irritated when people say that they weren't very good or the albums sound awful -that was pretty much the point of the joke. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lust Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lust Control   Lust Control Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lust Control
Page 1 of 1