Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Awakening/Ballydose

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

The Awakening/Ballydose Empty
PostSubject: The Awakening/Ballydose   The Awakening/Ballydose Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 3:57 pm

The only thing these bands have in common is that they are Christian bands but to avoid making two topics I will put them under one. Any fans?

The Awakening-A darkwave goth band from South America (even though in reality, for the first couple of albums there was only one man). As a matter of fact they are the leading goth band in S. Africa according to wikipedia. I have the album Fourth Seal of Zeen and like it pretty well. It's not one I listen to very ofter (except a few songs, i.e. Dark Romantics) but I'm not opposed to seeking out others, which I will. My favortie I've heard from them was not from that album but from an HM music sampler, Martyr.

Ballydowse-A band that combines celtic music with punk rock. Consists of former members of Christian punk band, Crashdog. They've only put out two albums and are currently on hiatus. You would think that punk and celtic music would not mix, but these guys do it real well. I almost feel like dancing an Irish jig when I hear some of their songs.Laughing Can't really say which album of theirs I think is best, they both have their moments.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: The Awakening/Ballydose   The Awakening/Ballydose Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 4:20 pm

I love The Awakening, got to meet Ashton a few years ago, Ballydose is different, takes some time to digest.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The Awakening/Ballydose   The Awakening/Ballydose Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 4:38 pm

candlemass wrote:
I love The Awakening, got to meet Ashton a few years ago, Ballydose is different, takes some time to digest.

Right on about Ballydose, when I hear the first song on The Land, The Bread, and The People, I thought I liked the sound but when I bought the album and listened to more of it, I was left feeling like I made a mistake. However, the hard Christian music I had availiable to me was filed with screamo bands and the good stuff was slim pickins (this was before I had internet access and found Blastbeats). So I gave it more spins and I finally "got" the music and have liked it ever since. Any suggestions on which Awakening disc I should seek out next (I really LOVE Martyr, so I was thinking that album)?
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: The Awakening/Ballydose   The Awakening/Ballydose Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 5:59 pm

I don't have any albums by either band. But I've heard The Awakening and loved them! I'm a pretty big sucker for darkwave and goth stuff - so I do have them on my list.

I've not heard Ballydose, but they sound interesting to say the least. I'm also a pretty big Crashdog fan, so that has peaked my interest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Awakening/Ballydose   The Awakening/Ballydose Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Awakening/Ballydose
Page 1 of 1