Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Winters Bane - Tim Owens may return?

Go down 
+3
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Winters Bane - Tim Owens may return? Empty
PostSubject: Winters Bane - Tim Owens may return?   Winters Bane - Tim Owens may return? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 1:45 pm

Sounds like this is in the very early stages but it would be mighty cool to see Tim and Lou working together again... I have liked all three of WB's albums but HEART OF A KILLER is still my fave 🤘

(From Blabbermouth)
TIM 'RIPPER' OWENS In Talks To Sing On New WINTERS BANE Album - Dec. 5, 2007

Guitarist Lou St. Paul of the long-running Ohio metallers WINTERS BANE has released the following statement:
"There have been rumors of Tim 'Ripper' Owens (BEYOND FEAR, ICED EARTH, and ex-JUDAS PRIEST) singing on next WINTERS BANE album. I wanted to let everyone know exactly what's going on.
"Tim and I have been talking for some time, off and on, about recording a sequel to 'Heart of a Killer', our 1993 release. In the last month or so, Tim and I both agreed that if the right conditions were met, like the right label, contract, tour support and other details, we would put forth our best effort, making, of course, another 'Killer' album, and do a major tour. At this point Wendy Dio (Niji Management) is still accepting offers from labels and will continue to do so until the beginning of next year.
"We've had some ideas for the making the follow-up for some time. We have both been busy in other projects and until recently have been fortunate enough cross paths again. So keep your fingers crossed and you might have another WINTERS BANE/Ripper album in 2008."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Winters Bane - Tim Owens may return?   Winters Bane - Tim Owens may return? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 2:52 pm

Cool,been spinning Redivivus lately.Great stuff
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Winters Bane - Tim Owens may return?   Winters Bane - Tim Owens may return? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 3:08 pm

Good for him. He needs to have something to fall back on when Schaffer gives him the boot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winters Bane - Tim Owens may return?   Winters Bane - Tim Owens may return? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 6:23 pm

What about Beyond Fear? That's another band he started. Man he's gonna have his hands full.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winters Bane - Tim Owens may return?   Winters Bane - Tim Owens may return? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 7:49 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Good for him. He needs to have something to fall back on when Schaffer gives him the boot.
Good for him? Good for them! This is a smart move for the band, I'd say. And it's not so much a stretch that he'd be singing either, of course. It would be smart all around, but I would still imagine that Iced Earth is Tim's priority at the moment, at least until Something Wicked II comes out.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Winters Bane - Tim Owens may return?   Winters Bane - Tim Owens may return? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 7:58 pm

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Heart of a Killer" is one of the best metal albums of the 90s. Really underrated.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus
Metal student
Metal student
Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: Winters Bane - Tim Owens may return?   Winters Bane - Tim Owens may return? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 10:35 pm

I'm bummed. I like Owens, but I think the guy who did the vocals on Redivivus (his name escapes me at this moment) did a great job and I'd like to see him back. But I'd still get a WB album, even with Owens. I've never heard Heart of a Killer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winters Bane - Tim Owens may return?   Winters Bane - Tim Owens may return? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 2:01 am

Follower of Jesus wrote:
I've never heard Heart of a Killer.
I've never heard either of them.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Winters Bane - Tim Owens may return?   Winters Bane - Tim Owens may return? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 8:14 am

Eyesore wrote:
Follower of Jesus wrote:
I've never heard Heart of a Killer.
I've never heard either of them.

Well then,you need to run out and get both.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Winters Bane - Tim Owens may return?   Winters Bane - Tim Owens may return? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 8:24 am

I remember shooting pool w/Tim at Ron's Crossroads a long time ago, they had some CD playing on the system, and I said; who's that? Tim said; hey, that's me, Winter's Bane! I didn't know what project he was involved w/anymore, I've never heard the whole LP, how good is it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Winters Bane - Tim Owens may return?   Winters Bane - Tim Owens may return? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 10:33 am

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Good for him? Good for them! This is a smart move for the band, I'd say. And it's not so much a stretch that he'd be singing either, of course. It would be smart all around, but I would still imagine that Iced Earth is Tim's priority at the moment, at least until Something Wicked II comes out.

I was just being sarcastic, but I still stand by my statement that Tim's days as lead singer of Iced Earth are numbered. I have nothing to base that on, other than Jon's track record of band members. Noone seems to last very long in that band.

Getting back on track, yea, it's good for Winter's Bane to get Tim singing, getting them some recognition, but if he doesn't tour with them, would it hurt them in the long run? Tim's vocals might sell a few more albums, but if it's true that bands make the real money by touring and merch, would fans come out to see someone else singing?

EDIT: Never mind. I just re-read the press release and apparently touring would be part of the deal. I'll just shut-up now and finish my morning coffee.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Winters Bane - Tim Owens may return?   Winters Bane - Tim Owens may return? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 10:39 am

I'd love to see this happen. 🤘
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Winters Bane - Tim Owens may return?   Winters Bane - Tim Owens may return? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 11:16 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:

What?Metalguy shutting up and drinking his coffee?Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Winters Bane - Tim Owens may return?   Winters Bane - Tim Owens may return? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 11:20 am

thrasher73 wrote:
Tall Tyrion wrote:

I'm fininshed my coffee. Look out!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winters Bane - Tim Owens may return?   Winters Bane - Tim Owens may return? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 2:54 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
I was just being sarcastic, but I still stand by my statement that Tim's days as lead singer of Iced Earth are numbered. I have nothing to base that on, other than Jon's track record of band members. Noone seems to last very long in that band.

Getting back on track, yea, it's good for Winter's Bane to get Tim singing, getting them some recognition, but if he doesn't tour with them, would it hurt them in the long run? Tim's vocals might sell a few more albums, but if it's true that bands make the real money by touring and merch, would fans come out to see someone else singing?

EDIT: Never mind. I just re-read the press release and apparently touring would be part of the deal. I'll just shut-up now and finish my morning coffee.
Did I seem like I was mad or something? surprised

Anyway, I agree that Tim's days are numbered in IE, but I feel that it'll be Tim's choice to leave. I think he'll want his own band, not continue to be a hired gun.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Winters Bane - Tim Owens may return?   Winters Bane - Tim Owens may return? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 10:18 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
Tall Tyrion wrote:

That would be the icing on the cake. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winters Bane - Tim Owens may return?   Winters Bane - Tim Owens may return? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 12:27 am

Speaking of Tim, what does everybody think of his 'side' band, Beyond Fear?

Personally I was a bit disappointed in it.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Winters Bane - Tim Owens may return?   Winters Bane - Tim Owens may return? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 7:17 am

blackieboy wrote:

Same here. I think a new WINTERS BANE disc will blow it away. BF are a talented band but the songs fell flat IMHO.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Winters Bane - Tim Owens may return?   Winters Bane - Tim Owens may return? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 9:36 am

blackieboy wrote:

I think it's a decent start. There is room for improvement, but as it is, I like it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winters Bane - Tim Owens may return?   Winters Bane - Tim Owens may return? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 6:51 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
blackieboy wrote:

Same here. I think a new WINTERS BANE disc will blow it away. BF are a talented band but the songs fell flat IMHO.

I agree. At first I was impressed when I heard the samples and was about to buy it. Then I heard them again and like you said - they seemed to fall flat. Glad I never forked out the cash for it.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Winters Bane - Tim Owens may return?   Winters Bane - Tim Owens may return? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 7:43 pm

you guys are crazy.Beyond Fear is a great disc.I like it as well as the Winters Bane stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winters Bane - Tim Owens may return?   Winters Bane - Tim Owens may return? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 5:56 am

I really like Winters Bane a lot. Just can't seem to get into Beyond Fear though. Perhaps that will change in time. Sometimes things grow on me later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winters Bane - Tim Owens may return?   Winters Bane - Tim Owens may return? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winters Bane - Tim Owens may return?
Page 1 of 1