Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Meliah Rage

Go down 
+20
corplhicks
Gilbert
DeathCult
Al.
7thSaviour
Troublezone
SideShowDisaSter
Necrosultan
Leatherface
Olafsto
SAHB Healer
MetalGuy71
krokus
nevermore
AchrisK
Vordul
mc666
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Meliah Rage - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meliah Rage   Meliah Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 10:00 am

SpectreFate wrote:
MG, if you get anymore Meliah, get Kill To Survive and Death Valley Dream. They both have original singer Mike Munro. The other 2 albums have some gargatuan bald guy that lacks balls when he sings.

That seems to be the general consencious (sp?). *sigh* so many cd's, so little $$$

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Meliah Rage   Meliah Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 2:02 pm

Sully Eerna's old band. Small world, eh? He used to be their drummer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meliah Rage   Meliah Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 3:40 pm

7thSaviour wrote:

For about a minute.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: Meliah Rage   Meliah Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 4:06 pm

7thSaviour wrote:

Yah, the Unfinished Business material had him on drums. It was recorded in '92, but not released until a decade later. He also played in another band called Strip Mind. They had a released called What's In Your Mouth? in '93. I've heard that they had thrash tendencies, but have not heard their material.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Meliah Rage   Meliah Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 7:05 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:

Yah, the Unfinished Business material had him on drums. It was recorded in '92, but not released until a decade later. He also played in another band called Strip Mind. They had a released called What's In Your Mouth? in '93. I've heard that they had thrash tendencies, but have not heard their material.
Thanks, Ben! \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Meliah Rage   Meliah Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 7:06 pm

Sully is a VERY good drummer. Anyone who doubts me obviously hasn't seen his drum solos at the Godsmack shows!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meliah Rage   Meliah Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 12:29 am

Sully can still bite my crank.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Meliah Rage   Meliah Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 9:00 am

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
Sully can still bite my crank.
Why don't you like Sully? Got a problem with his belief system?
Back to top Go down
Al.
Metal novice
Metal novice
Al.

Number of posts : 16

PostSubject: Re: Meliah Rage   Meliah Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 10:56 pm

Won't be long now... the new album Masquerade featuring the return of Mike Munro to the helm of vocalist is to be released 25th August. Certainly looking forward to this one.

Meliah Rage - Page 2 Meliahragemasquerade

Meliah Rage MySpace

Metal Reporter article with clip of new song Hour Glass

Last edited by Al. on Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Meliah Rage   Meliah Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 11:04 pm

7thSaviour wrote:

Didnt know that, but I do remember him being in Strip Mind.

The biggest shock about godsmack for me is Shannon Larkin being there, talk about a step down.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Meliah Rage   Meliah Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 5:47 pm

I just popped in Kill To Survive earlier today, forgot how good this album was! This album's a true thrash classic, I even still like the cheesy coverart.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

PostSubject: Re: Meliah Rage   Meliah Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 4:19 pm

I just ordered solitary solitude on amazon today.

did not even hear a sample. It was a total blind purchase.

Hope I will not regret.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39466

PostSubject: Re: Meliah Rage   Meliah Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 4:20 pm

I doubt you will. It's a great album !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meliah Rage   Meliah Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 4:11 am

They're alright. Kill to Survive sometimes gets played.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Meliah Rage   Meliah Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 12:26 pm

Hey, Painkiller's back!

One of my favorite bands. Those first three albums still send chills down my spine.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: Meliah Rage   Meliah Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 7:44 pm

Huge Meliah Rage fan.  I like everything with Mike Munro on vocals.  My favorite is probably Solitary Solitude.  

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Meliah Rage   Meliah Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2018 4:26 am

I have been picking up lots of meliah rage albums lately, the last one being Dead to the World.

Surprisingly, this particular album didn't do much for me. Anyone else felt the same way about it?

By the way, both Barely Human and Masquerade are being reissued now 🤘. I need to get the latter.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Meliah Rage   Meliah Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2018 12:05 pm

Dead to the World is boring. Barely Human is their best imo and I do enjoy Masquerade.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: Meliah Rage   Meliah Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2018 7:26 pm

Back in the day - in Boston - they were there - with Extreme and Wargasm.
They were the band’s most talked about - by other bands - in practice rooms - etc.
https://youtu.be/Z86XsUkQYxw - SHOUT - was the band I really liked.
Anyways - just bought Solitary Solitude CD -
I have loved Kill To Survive - since it first came out. Never really followed them though.

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

PostSubject: Re: Meliah Rage   Meliah Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2018 6:11 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Huge Meliah Rage fan.  I like everything with Mike Munro on vocals.  My favorite is probably Solitary Solitude.  

I just ordered the reissue of Solitary Solitude. It's their best album, glad it's back in print and I can finally say I will own it when it arrives later this month.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Meliah Rage   Meliah Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2018 1:55 am

Required Fields wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

I just ordered the reissue of Solitary Solitude. It's their best album, glad it's back in print and I can finally say I will own it when it arrives later this month.

Still need to order their first album as well as their latest release. Hopefully this week.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: Meliah Rage   Meliah Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2018 6:14 pm

My CD arrived today - plus a concert CD !
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Meliah Rage   Meliah Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2018 11:19 am

Recently picked up both Kill to Survive (with an extra demo material cd) and Masquerade.

Kill to Survive is simply jaw dropping. The songs are very good, fast and instantly memorable. Vocals are amazing as well. One of my best purchases this year.

On the other hand, Masquerade didn't do much for me. While some songs have a certain metallica thrashy feel to them, the others left me bored. Anyone else felt the same way about this album?
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Meliah Rage   Meliah Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2018 11:40 am

I enjoy both, show different sides of the group.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

PostSubject: Re: Meliah Rage   Meliah Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2018 7:15 pm

Glower wrote:
My CD arrived today - plus a concert CD !

My pressing of Solitary Solitude comes with the Live Kill EP as well!

I find it strange how the band wasn't allowed to put the song "Kill to Survive" on their debut of the same title because the record label thought it was too graphically violent, but let them put the song on the live EP they released the following year. (Both were released by the same label.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meliah Rage   Meliah Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meliah Rage
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next