Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Meliah Rage news...

Go down 
+9
Gilbert
corplhicks
MetalGuy71
stormspell
Dark Horseman
Temple of Blood
SpectreFate
ultmetal
13 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Meliah Rage news... Empty
PostSubject: Meliah Rage news...   Meliah Rage news... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 2:44 pm

MELIAH RAGE SIGN WITH METAL ON METAL RECORDS!!!

It's official, we have signed with Italy's Metal on Metal Records! After going through a courting process with a few labels from around the globe, we are psyched to be working with Metal on Metal. Jowita & Simone(label heads) are true professionals, full-on metalheads, and the real deal, and we're looking forward to the journey ahead.

We're currently wrapping things up in the studio on our next full-length, "Dead to the World", slated for a July release.

This will coincide with our first visit to Europe in over 20 years as we hit the Headbanger's Open Air Festival in Germany in late July, and we'll be looking to return for a proper tour in the fall/winter. We also recently released the video for "Halo of Flies", our first ever recorded cover tune(originally done by Alice Cooper on the Killer record back in '71). Check out the links below for Metal on Metal records and the Halo of Flies vid…more news to come soon!

Cheers,
Meliah Rage

From the label:
It's Jowita from Metal On Metal here.
I just wanted to send you our latest news...2 upcoming releases, MELIAH RAGE "Dead To The World" (US power/thrash) and BITTER END "Have A Nice Death!" (technical thrash metal), both scheduled for July 28th, are already available for downloading from our website (like ALL of our releases so far).

Meliah Rage news... Meliah_rage_momrcover26

Last edited by ultmetal on Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Meliah Rage news...   Meliah Rage news... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 2:46 pm

That's great, except Mike Munro isn't in the band anymore......again. *sigh*
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Meliah Rage news...   Meliah Rage news... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 2:47 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
That's great, except Mike Munro isn't in the band anymore......again. *sigh*

I noticed that as well. Bummer. Looks like Paul Souza will be returning.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Meliah Rage news...   Meliah Rage news... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 2:49 pm

Quote :
Looks like Paul Souza will be returning.

I'm sorry, but that guy doesn't fit in the band. His voice is horrible.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Meliah Rage news...   Meliah Rage news... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 2:52 pm

Guess that was an old press release. Here's a newer press release...

MELIAH RAGE: NEW SONGS POSTED, ALBUM DETAILS AND PRE-ORDER AND DIGITAL SINGLE.

MELIAH RAGE have recently signed with Metal On Metal Records and have finished the work on their new album.
Commented guitarist and band's founder Anthony Nichols: "MELIAH RAGE is pleased to announce our recent signing with Italy's own Metal On Metal Records. We look forward to working with Jowita and Simone, who have already proven to be not only die-hard metal fans themselves, but true professionals. Our new record "Dead To The World" is set to hit the streets this summer, and features the return of Paul Souza to the fold on vocals."

MELIAH RAGE promo photo (credit: Bruce Bettis, www.brucebettis.com):
http://www.metal-on-metal.com/bands/meliah_rage/Meliah_Rage_promo_photo_2011.jpg

The 7th full-length studio album (or 8th if you count also "Unfinished Business" CD) of these US power/thrash metal veterans "Dead To The World" will be available since July 28th.

For now you can listen to 2 songs from "Dead To The World" album: "Where Nothing Ever Grows" and "Up In Flames" from the player on Metal On Metal Records website (www.metal-on-metal.com) and to the 3rd song "Never From Me" from the band's MySpace page (www.myspace.com/meliahrage). Here's the complete track list (please note it has changed since the news in February):
1. Up In Flames
2. Valley Of The Shadowless Souls
3. Skin And Bones
4. Absolute Obedience
5. Where Nothing Ever Grows
6. Never From Me
7. Cold Cruel Fate
8. Time Won't Let Me Breathe
9. Awaken Sorrow

The album's album artwork was created by Jowita Kaminska (www.jowita-kaminska.com), known from her work on EXODUS "Tempo Of The Damned", WITCHBURNER "Final Detonation", "Blood Of Witches" and "Demons", MANILLA ROAD "Gates Of Fire", ATTACKER "The Unknown", FORSAKEN "Dominaeon" and "After The Fall", DANTESCO "De La Mano De La Muerte" and "Pagano", METAL INQUISITOR "Doomsday For The Heretic", PARAGON "Screenslaves", DECEASED "As The Weird Travel On" and many other cover arts.

MELIAH RAGE "Dead To The World" cover art:
http://www.metal-on-metal.com/bands/meliah_rage/meliah_rage_momrcover26.jpg

You can pre-order MELIAH RAGE "Dead To The World" from Metal On Metal Records website (www.metal-on-metal.com) either as a regular or special tin-case edition with 2 photos. With this pre-order, you'll get a download link for one unreleased song from 2003 sessions as a free bonus.

But before you can have the album on CD (or as mp3s, because it will be available for downloading as well), you can buy digital single "Cold Cruel Fate". It's available from CD Baby (www.cdbaby.com/cd/meliahrage2), iTunes, Amazon MP3, eMusic and other digital stores.

MELIAH RAGE "Cold Cruel Fate" digital single cover art:
http://www.metal-on-metal.com/images/products_meliah_rage_single.jpg

Check out this short promo clip for the album and the single:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1eNVIuVtB8.

(Additional info)
These US power/thrash veterans probably don't need much introduction, as classics like "Kill To Survive" or "Solitary Solitude" made their name well know in the scene. Formed in 1987 in Boston, MA, MELIAH RAGE soon signed a deal with Epic Records, that released their first 3 albums (including the live EP). After some time off during the period when grunge was hip and good bands were being dropped one by one, MELIAH RAGE came back together in 1996 to record another album and until now released 5 CDs, all through independent labels.

MELIAH RAGE @ MySpace: www.myspace.com/meliahrage
MELIAH RAGE @ Facebook: www.facebook.com/meliahrage
MELIAH RAGE @ Metal On Metal Records: www.metal-on-metal.com/meliah_rage.html
MELIAH RAGE official homepage: www.meliahrage.com

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

PostSubject: Re: Meliah Rage news...   Meliah Rage news... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 3:03 pm

I'll have to check this out. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Meliah Rage news...   Meliah Rage news... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 2:45 pm

I'm curious if anyone checked this out and what do you think? I don't mind Paul's voice, prefer Mike but what i've heard sample wise isn't bad.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Meliah Rage news...   Meliah Rage news... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 2:32 am

I was never big fan of MR, always found them a bit boring and uninspired. Unfortunately this one sounds the same rate to me. The artwork kills though!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Meliah Rage news...   Meliah Rage news... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 11:09 am

I thought Masquerade was the best they've done. Artwork does get your attention.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Meliah Rage news...   Meliah Rage news... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 11:13 am

The only Meliah Rage disc I own is Solitary Solitude.

I like it well enough and there was a time when I wanted to get more of their stuff, but I just never got around to it. Since then, they've sorta dropped off my radar. Other stuff took precident.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Meliah Rage news...   Meliah Rage news... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 11:19 am

So you're saying your old and forgot about this band. It's ok. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Meliah Rage news...   Meliah Rage news... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 11:27 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
So you're saying your old and forgot about this band. It's ok. Very Happy

Yea, I'm focusing on filling some gaps in my Lawrence Welk collection. I enjoy a good waltz just as much as the next guy. Cue the bubble machine.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Meliah Rage news...   Meliah Rage news... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 11:36 am

Awesome. And a nice Polka pleases everyone.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39505

PostSubject: Re: Meliah Rage news...   Meliah Rage news... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 11:41 am

I've always liked Meliah Rage though I've fallen behind on their collection. The last one of theirs I have is Barely Human which was a decent,but not great,release.
Still, I'd like to catch up on them.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Meliah Rage news...   Meliah Rage news... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 9:08 pm

Damn guys. We've really been neglecting Meliah Rage on this board--two releases came out right under our nose! Well, one was mentioned a long time ago, but whatever.

So there's Dead to the World w/Paul still on board--he sounds stronger here than previous releases (but not by much IMO). The music is killer:

And we also have 2014's Warrior with new lead singer Marc Lopes. Sadly, to me it's the weakest of the non-Munro releases. Lopes is worse than Paul, believe it or not. And the riffs are neat but the songs just kind of get tossed around with weird movements that don't connect well. See what you think:

There's also a comp that came out--Before the Kill--with archival material:

Songs 1-8: Pre-MELIAH RAGE rehearsal (1986)
Songs 9-12: First MELIAH RAGE demo (1987)
Songs 13-15: Taken from a show in Boston (1988)
Song 16: Taken from MELIAH RAGE second demo (1987). Also appeared on the Japanese edition of "Kill to Survive" album.

It's hard to fully appreciate these guys without Munro but I still enjoy the music they're thrashing out.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9878

PostSubject: Re: Meliah Rage news...   Meliah Rage news... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 11:28 pm

I only own two albums by meliah rage. I needto invest more in them. I found their latest to be enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Meliah Rage news...   Meliah Rage news... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 11:32 pm

Gilbert wrote:
I only own two albums by meliah rage. I needto invest more in them. I found their latest to be enjoyable.

By "their latest" are you talking about Warrior? Like I said, no one seems to be saying anything about the last two albums.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Meliah Rage news...   Meliah Rage news... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 2:13 am

I haven't kept up with these guys since Masquerade, which was an excellent album. The sample from Dead to the World sounds decent enough. The vox on Warrior doesn't do much for me.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Meliah Rage news...   Meliah Rage news... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2015 11:23 am

corplhicks wrote:
Damn guys. We've really been neglecting Meliah Rage on this board--two releases came out right under our nose! Well, one was mentioned a long time ago, but whatever.

So there's Dead to the World w/Paul still on board--he sounds stronger here than previous releases (but not by much IMO). The music is killer:

And we also have 2014's Warrior with new lead singer Marc Lopes. Sadly, to me it's the weakest of the non-Munro releases. Lopes is worse than Paul, believe it or not. And the riffs are neat but the songs just kind of get tossed around with weird movements that don't connect well. See what you think:

There's also a comp that came out--Before the Kill--with archival material:

Songs 1-8: Pre-MELIAH RAGE rehearsal (1986)
Songs 9-12: First MELIAH RAGE demo (1987)
Songs 13-15: Taken from a show in Boston (1988)
Song 16: Taken from MELIAH RAGE second demo (1987). Also appeared on the Japanese edition of "Kill to Survive" album.

It's hard to fully appreciate these guys without Munro but I still enjoy the music they're thrashing out.

I love Meliah Rage but I don't care for anything without Mike Munro.  Also, the 1986 material from Before The Kill does not have Munro on it but rather Mark Mastroianni.  This collection is worth it just for track 16 which is the studio version of "Kill To Survive" which was taken off their first album prior to release.

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Meliah Rage news...   Meliah Rage news... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2015 2:36 pm

^^Good info there. I haven't even sampled BtK yet. Curious as to how this Mark fellow sounded back in the day.

If I were to rank their albums, the Souza titles and Unfinished Business would be at the bottom. I don't think the guy was a very good metal singer to begin with, even in Cactus Land.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Meliah Rage news...   Meliah Rage news... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 9:30 pm

corplhicks wrote:
^^Good info there. I haven't even sampled BtK yet. Curious as to how this Mark fellow sounded back in the day.

If I were to rank their albums, the Souza titles and Unfinished Business would be at the bottom. I don't think the guy was a very good metal singer to begin with, even in Cactus Land.

Before The Kill came in today and I listened to the 8 Mark Mastroianni tracks and they are very rough.  They are from a 4 track rehearsal tape and are not really essential.  The other 9 tracks are all Mike Munro demos and live tracks and are worth the price of the CD if you are fan of the band.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Meliah Rage news...   Meliah Rage news... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2015 12:01 am

Witchfinder wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Before The Kill came in today and I listened to the 8 Mark Mastroianni tracks and they are very rough.  They are from a 4 track rehearsal tape and are not really essential.  The other 9 tracks are all Mike Munro demos and live tracks and are worth the price of the CD if you are fan of the band.

Thanks; definitely going for it for the Munro material.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Meliah Rage news...   Meliah Rage news... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2015 9:39 am

Witchfinder wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Weird. I don't own any Meliah Rage, and have only heard Kill to Survive, which I like well enough but never bought a copy. So suffice to say, I do not keep up with them or know much about what they have released. This morning, on a whim, I checked Spotify on the way to work to see if Kill to Survive was on it, as I felt like listening. It's not, but I saw a new release called Before the Kill and assumed it was pre-Survive, so I listened to some of it.

Always weird when something like that happens.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28430

PostSubject: Re: Meliah Rage news...   Meliah Rage news... Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 12:11 am

I bought Warrior this year, and I ordered Idol Hands (their newest one) and Dead to the World today.

I still don't own the first two albums, though. Maybe Metal on Metal Records will reissue those in the future?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meliah Rage news...   Meliah Rage news... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meliah Rage news...
Page 1 of 1