Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iron Maiden- Eddies Archive

Go down 
+3
ultmetal
Chairman_Smith
mez
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Iron Maiden- Eddies Archive Empty
PostSubject: Iron Maiden- Eddies Archive   Iron Maiden- Eddies Archive Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 12:23 am

My gf wants to get me this for Christmas and wanted to make sure that it is a worthwhile set before I say it is definately what I want for my "big" present this year?

The BBC stuff is what really interests me in this set, as I love live in a small setting type stuff (the live sound without the crowd noise, and the intimacy of being up close).

So what do you think of this set? What does it usually sell for (the second press with the red tray and non-numbered family tree)?
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden- Eddies Archive   Iron Maiden- Eddies Archive Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 7:07 am

If this is the Tin Can thing with 6 cd's of live stuff, a scroll witht he family tree and also the Eddie shot glass, then I knwo what your talking about, but Miaden has so many things out I could be wrong.

Assuming I have the right product, I bought this for 80$'s the day it was released and listend to all the CD's 1 time. The scroll was cool (to look at once) and the shot glass was a nice addition that I never used and it all was hidden in a cheaply made tin can.

It definetly is a novelty item, and a cool one to showoff on the shelf, but ignoring the trinkets that come with it and go to the beef of it. All the CD's have tons of the same songs on them played live, and also the concerts IMHO were boring, although the production was very good. In fact the outcome of the purchase was disappointing for me. After a few years I manage to sell it on Ebay for over 300$

Of course that was near Christmas when the demand was there, but I was not bummed to have sold it. Being a huge Maiden fan I still didnt second guess myself for having sold it. It just didnt live up to what I hoped for and since Maiden has so many live albums out there, which I own, I guess this addition was boring to me.

If you love them live and you are more looking for the novelty, then it is a nice addition to the Maiden collect, but dont go in thinking it will pull of the Live After Death feel, it is more sight pleasing then ear pleasing.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden- Eddies Archive   Iron Maiden- Eddies Archive Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 8:33 am

mez wrote:
If this is the Tin Can thing with 6 cd's of live stuff, a scroll witht he family tree and also the Eddie shot glass, then I knwo what your talking about, but Miaden has so many things out I could be wrong.

Assuming I have the right product, I bought this for 80$'s the day it was released and listend to all the CD's 1 time. The scroll was cool (to look at once) and the shot glass was a nice addition that I never used and it all was hidden in a cheaply made tin can.

It definetly is a novelty item, and a cool one to showoff on the shelf, but ignoring the trinkets that come with it and go to the beef of it. All the CD's have tons of the same songs on them played live, and also the concerts IMHO were boring, although the production was very good. In fact the outcome of the purchase was disappointing for me. After a few years I manage to sell it on Ebay for over 300$

Of course that was near Christmas when the demand was there, but I was not bummed to have sold it. Being a huge Maiden fan I still didnt second guess myself for having sold it. It just didnt live up to what I hoped for and since Maiden has so many live albums out there, which I own, I guess this addition was boring to me.

If you love them live and you are more looking for the novelty, then it is a nice addition to the Maiden collect, but dont go in thinking it will pull of the Live After Death feel, it is more sight pleasing then ear pleasing.

The B-Side collection wasen't worth it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden- Eddies Archive   Iron Maiden- Eddies Archive Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 9:41 am

Yep Mez you are talking about the correct set, thanks for your thoughts. I was figuring it sold for about $90-120 but after looking at ebay it seems to sell for about $150 and not sure I would want all my christmas money spent on it, particularly if they released the discs individually? I have seen the BBC set by itself and think I have seen the others as well but wanted to be sure.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden- Eddies Archive   Iron Maiden- Eddies Archive Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 10:10 am

firestar wrote:
Yep Mez you are talking about the correct set, thanks for your thoughts. I was figuring it sold for about $90-120 but after looking at ebay it seems to sell for about $150 and not sure I would want all my christmas money spent on it, particularly if they released the discs individually? I have seen the BBC set by itself and think I have seen the others as well but wanted to be sure.

I don't think they ever did, i've been looking for them, since i have crappy burnt versions.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden- Eddies Archive   Iron Maiden- Eddies Archive Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 11:57 am

I enjoy it. The live discs are quite good an each represent a different
era of the band. The Paul DiAnno stuff is very good. The b-side 2 disc
collection is outstanding as well. Some live material on this as well,
but also some rare tracks and a bunch of great cover songs. I didn't
pay anywhere near what you guys are paying.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden- Eddies Archive   Iron Maiden- Eddies Archive Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 12:49 pm

I have that as well and I think I paid $40 for mine!

Still good stuff for the Maiden collector not sure if you can get it anymore though!

Wargod48

NP: The Quill - In Triumph
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden- Eddies Archive   Iron Maiden- Eddies Archive Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 9:58 am

I paid 150 for mine. Beast Over Hammersmith, BBC Archives and Best of the B' Sides are all great. If you are a Iron Maiden fan, this is a must have. Not sure how much this went for when it was originally released, but I can say that it was money well spent. I listen to Beast Over Hammersmith all the time. This is one of Maiden's best live recording.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden- Eddies Archive   Iron Maiden- Eddies Archive Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 2:29 pm

I am seeing individual 2 cd sets of everything in this box, are these legit?
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden- Eddies Archive   Iron Maiden- Eddies Archive Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 3:43 pm

is the box set still in production

or are the discs released individually?
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden- Eddies Archive   Iron Maiden- Eddies Archive Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 6:08 pm

It's an awesome set, I bought it when it was released and loved it. And I've never heard of it being released individually Gooch, just all together in the boxset
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden- Eddies Archive   Iron Maiden- Eddies Archive Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iron Maiden- Eddies Archive
Page 1 of 1