Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A question for ultmetal...

Go down 
+14
Wargod
scottmitchell74
MetalGuy71
Shiney
KissinMaiden
kmorg
Metal Misfit
Thrasher73
mc666
Required Fields
sovdat
ultmetal
INVADERS
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

A question for ultmetal... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A question for ultmetal...   A question for ultmetal... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 6:34 pm

I build my own cd racks and to date I have like 7000 cds and my one bedroom is full. I also have 600 tapes, used to have over 1500 albums but sold them.
Also have 15,000 mp3 files as well and countless dvds.

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: A question for ultmetal...   A question for ultmetal... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 6:35 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Don't feel bad KissinMaiden and Metalguy I'm 32 and I only have about 200 +- Cds. Add cassettes, records, 8 tracks into the mix you're at about 350 max. I seem to be maxing out how much music I can mentally juggle at one time. I'll be interested to see how my growth rate is over the years. I'll always get the new releases from my favorites, but I don't know if I can have use for 1000's of cds. How do you guys find the time to properly listen to all that music?? I listen to 5-10 hours of metal a day (at least) and I can't find the time to listen to it all as much as I'd like.....🤘

I just recently created an account at cd-tracker.com and was actually surprised that I had over 1000 cd's. I knew I had alot, but when you actually see the list, wow.

I almost always have music playing. To and from work, at work, at the gym, during dinner, at night when I'm on the computer. When I was single, I used to put on a cd at night to go to sleep, but the wife put an end to that.

When friends see my collection, they always ask if I really listen to all of them and I can honestly say "Yes I do".
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: That is amazing!!!   A question for ultmetal... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 6:44 pm

That is amazing!!!
sovdat wrote:
It's a nice view, isn't it? Smile
A question for ultmetal... - Page 2 152
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: A question for ultmetal...   A question for ultmetal... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 6:52 pm

ultmetal wrote:

A question for ultmetal... - Page 2 Mime-5

Wow...nice collection.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: A question for ultmetal...   A question for ultmetal... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 12:17 am

Thanks for the info....
Those are some awesome CD and Vinyl COllections....
Pics of mine to come soon...

🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A question for ultmetal...   A question for ultmetal... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 7:55 am

Quote :
Also have 15,000 mp3 files

I'm getting there...I've got about 10 DVD-R's loaded with about 60 albums each right now in MP3 format...awaiting my impending iPod purchase.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: A question for ultmetal...   A question for ultmetal... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 9:16 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'm just over a thousand in my collection. I'm gradually taking over the basement. One day, my wife will come down and realize that I've slowly filled the entire room with my music.

lol! If my wife paid more attention, whe would also be wondering why my collection is growing, when she thinks it all is in the boxes.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: A question for ultmetal...   A question for ultmetal... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 1:40 pm

i have all without covers, most are Flacs, mp3s, ... etc. maybe i have little collection. i will take a photo for yall.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: A question for ultmetal...   A question for ultmetal... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 1:53 pm

makin mess in my room sick
rest is invisible, they are all hidden. only 1st 3 photos are visible Smile

A question for ultmetal... - Page 2 Kolekcia001

A question for ultmetal... - Page 2 Kolekcia003

A question for ultmetal... - Page 2 Kolekcia002

A question for ultmetal... - Page 2 Kolekcia004
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: A question for ultmetal...   A question for ultmetal... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 1:57 pm

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=106444549&MyToken=1f12623a-e8c5-4e2e-a3a8-f3c9362c4803

I wanna be like him when I get in his age Smile
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: A question for ultmetal...   A question for ultmetal... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 6:03 pm

A question for ultmetal... - Page 2 Picture004rt4

I recenty started collecting, I have over 90 now.....Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A question for ultmetal...   A question for ultmetal... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 11:04 pm

I have like... 300-400 cd's I forget the exact # right now. I thought my music collection was getting out of hand. Looking at pictures on here I feel so much better now... Then again, I just haven't gotten that may cd's yet.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37632

PostSubject: Re: A question for ultmetal...   A question for ultmetal... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2007 9:53 am

Awesome pix of your collection, Ult. It makes me feel very... very... small. Smile

But seriously, I have somewhere between 700 and 800 CDs (if you count CD-Rs), I haven't counted'em up in a while, I'd like to get to 1000 someday, that might be a nice "round" number to shoot for. I have a nice wooden cabinet in my living room for my CDs with doors that close and lock, which is a nice feature since I have a four year old son with grabby fingers around the house. Wink
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: A question for ultmetal...   A question for ultmetal... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 5:50 am

INVADERS wrote:
Thanks for the info....
Those are some awesome CD and Vinyl COllections....
Pics of mine to come soon...

🤘

We're still waiting ... Smile

A question for people with huge collections: How do you store your stuff? By alpabet, or is it all over the place (and how do you find a certain CD then? Smile )
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: A question for ultmetal...   A question for ultmetal... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 6:48 am

my originals are all over the place in the basement, but i have mp3s of everything (or most of it). i always rip it as soon as i buy, & then store the cd.

arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: A question for ultmetal...   A question for ultmetal... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 4:25 pm

Quote :
One day I'll convert the basement to My Collection Land.

That is EXACTLY what my basement is! It is pretty much Arttie-Land! Two walls are full of autographed 8x10's and other signed memorabilia (drum heads, drumsticks, set lists, etc.), 2 walls covered in pro-wrestling memorabilia, and one wall dedicated to my beloved Kansas City Royals. One wall will soon be nothing but Great White memorabilia, once I get everything framed and mounted the way I want...

I also have 7 racks of CD's completely filled as well as numerous boxes and stacks all over the place. I have nearly 4,000 CD's now (just over 2700 are listed on CD-Tracker now...), but virtually no vinyl (I think 10 albums total, now...just not interested.)

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: A question for ultmetal...   A question for ultmetal... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 6:25 pm

sovdat wrote:
A question for people with huge collections: How do you store your stuff? By alpabet, or is it all over the place (and how do you find a certain CD then? Smile )

My collection's not exactly "huge" but they're all arranged alphabetically, and if I have more than one CD by a band, each band's CDs are arranged in chronological order, i.e. according to the year they were released. Yea, I'm super anal like that. Smile
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: A question for ultmetal...   A question for ultmetal... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 7:16 pm

Mine are all alphabetized and then arranged by year of release once they get put into the racks.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: A question for ultmetal...   A question for ultmetal... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 9:05 am

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:
Mine are all alphabetized and then arranged by year of release once they get put into the racks.

Arttie

Ditto

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: A question for ultmetal...   A question for ultmetal... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 9:11 am

Glad to see I'm not the only obsessive-compulsive alphabetizer/arranger out there!!

My wife keeps her CDs in one of those photo-album style books with individual sleeves for each disc & the booklet. (She... GASP...throws away the tray art!! GACK!) They're heaped in that book in no particular order, but then again, she has maybe 60 CDs, tops, so I guess with such a small collection it's not worth the trouble for her.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: A question for ultmetal...   A question for ultmetal... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 9:40 am

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:
i'm much to lazy Cool

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A question for ultmetal...   A question for ultmetal... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A question for ultmetal...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2