Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A question for ultmetal...

Go down 
+14
Wargod
scottmitchell74
MetalGuy71
Shiney
KissinMaiden
kmorg
Metal Misfit
Thrasher73
mc666
Required Fields
sovdat
ultmetal
INVADERS
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

A question for ultmetal... Empty
PostSubject: A question for ultmetal...   A question for ultmetal... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 11:04 am

Where and How do you store all of you CDs...?

You must need a separate house to accommodate all those CDs

INVADERS
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A question for ultmetal...   A question for ultmetal... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 11:14 am

He has this magical room. On the outside, it looks like any other door in his house...maybe the door to a closet or small bathroom. But when you open the door and walk through, the room is the size of a football stadium...complete with a completely catalogged inventory on a PC on a small desk by the door telling him where each and every one of his millions upon millions of CD's are located.

I have pictures.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: A question for ultmetal...   A question for ultmetal... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 11:17 am

I have piles, and piles of CDs in my bedroom. My wife is very understanding to have allowed me to overtake our bedroom with all my crap.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: A question for ultmetal...   A question for ultmetal... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 11:22 am

It's a nice view, isn't it? Smile
A question for ultmetal... 152
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A question for ultmetal...   A question for ultmetal... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 11:25 am

sovdat wrote:
It's a nice view, isn't it? Smile
A question for ultmetal... 152

I hate you. affraid
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

PostSubject: Re: A question for ultmetal...   A question for ultmetal... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 11:29 am

Hahaha Smile No, that isn't my collection of course, I'm only 19 as you can see Smile It belongs to one guy from Greece - I found him on metalpage.de

How big is your collection?

Ok!! I Have About 5000 Vinyl,(LP's,12",7") About 6000 Cd's (Albums
& Singles), About 800 Tapes, About 150 VHS & About 300 DVD.....
(Till Now SUMMER 2003)

So it's probably a lot bigger now Smile
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: A question for ultmetal...   A question for ultmetal... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 11:49 am

A question for ultmetal... Mime-4-1
This is actually our bedroom, but my wife has allowed me to take it over with all my junk. The records on the wall are autographed. Just below the Once Dead album is the Judas Priest box and some biographies. The round, white, glowing thing at the left is a Scorpions hockey puck. Just below it is the Combat Boot Camp box set that included Dark Angel-Leave Scars, Impaler-If We Had Brains, Possessed-Seven Churches, and Agent Steel-Mad Locust Rising and the Combat Boot compilation.

The black and white photo in the right hand corner is a Vengeance Rising promo signed by the entire band. The drum head towards the bottom of the photo is signed by Anthrax. The photo just above it is an original print of Randy Rhoads with Quiet Riot taken by Colleen. The orange thing in about the middle of the photograph is the Aerosmith-Box of Fire.

A question for ultmetal... Mime-5
A question for ultmetal... Mime6
Lots of CDs. The stacks on the top of the big racks go almost to the ceiling. (see second photo) Yikes! Someday I will have my own room in my home and more room to put all this memorabilia and music.

A question for ultmetal... Mime-3-1
More CDs and several 12" Gene Simmons figures still in their boxes.

A question for ultmetal... Mime-2-2
Still have a small vinyl collection of about 100 or so albums. The Neon Cross and Raven covers in this photo are autographed.

A question for ultmetal... Mime-1-2
A few of my box sets.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28414

PostSubject: Re: A question for ultmetal...   A question for ultmetal... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 11:55 am

Nice photos, Scott.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: A question for ultmetal...   A question for ultmetal... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 11:57 am

Took 'em on my cell phone real quick.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: A question for ultmetal...   A question for ultmetal... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 12:03 pm

your wife is alot nicer than mine. i have to store my stuff in the basement . lol

sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

PostSubject: Re: A question for ultmetal...   A question for ultmetal... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 12:07 pm

A question for ultmetal... Mime6

And what do you do when you want to listen to a CD which is right at the bottom? Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A question for ultmetal...   A question for ultmetal... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 12:08 pm

I purchased a house with the specific criteria that it had to have a
seperate room for my collection. And even that room has gotten
too small!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: A question for ultmetal...   A question for ultmetal... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 12:59 pm

Well, we were suppose to convert part of the garage into a room that I could use, but it hasn't happened yet.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: A question for ultmetal...   A question for ultmetal... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 1:17 pm

mc666 wrote:
your wife is alot nicer than mine. i have to store my stuff in the basement . lol

yeah,thats were I keep all mine.In a big book shelf with glass doors to keep the baby out of em.
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

PostSubject: Re: A question for ultmetal...   A question for ultmetal... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 1:38 pm

If you want to see the most beautiful collection click on these links:

http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/big/28e-1b.jpg
http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/28e-1c.jpg
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: A question for ultmetal...   A question for ultmetal... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 3:13 pm

Ult and Sov, nice pics. I'd love to have a collection that big some day! Very Happy

My collection is very small, probably somewhere in around 300. I actually didn't get into buying any music until about '97 or so when I was 15, and didn't really seriously starting buying stuff until '99 or '00. Besides a CD case full of'em, the rest of my collection is sitting in a storage unit (I'm living with the future in-laws for now).

This past year I haven't bought jack, maybe 1 CD every 3 or 4 months. Bad fiancial times, I moved to Michigan for me fiancee and I STILL don't have a job yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A question for ultmetal...   A question for ultmetal... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 3:40 pm

Everyone needs a Man Land!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: A question for ultmetal...   A question for ultmetal... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 3:45 pm

One day I'll convert the basement to My Collection Land. Now most of my stuff in in card board boxes Sad

Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: A question for ultmetal...   A question for ultmetal... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 3:56 pm

Mine is garbage compared to you guys Sad i only have like 80 cd's. will take a pic of my room sometime soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A question for ultmetal...   A question for ultmetal... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 4:06 pm

kmorg wrote:
One day I'll convert the basement to My Collection Land. Now most of my stuff in in card board boxes Sad
I'm in the same boat. I need to have some custom racks built. All the particle board racks you can buy end up with shelves that look like halfpipes after a few months! I'm sick of buying them. So, about 80% of my collection is in boxes right now. =(
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: A question for ultmetal...   A question for ultmetal... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 4:10 pm

I have a little past 1000 cds...my wife doesnt hassle me too much...

I just comissioned a worker of mine who hobbies in wood work to build me a custom storage unit.

When the kids are older and we buy a bigger house it'll have "The Saxon Clause" room in it....

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: A question for ultmetal...   A question for ultmetal... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 5:11 pm

I'm just over a thousand in my collection. I'm gradually taking over the basement. One day, my wife will come down and realize that I've slowly filled the entire room with my music.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28414

PostSubject: Re: A question for ultmetal...   A question for ultmetal... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 5:45 pm

I have only 200 CDs or so (not counting CD-ROMs).
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: A question for ultmetal...   A question for ultmetal... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 6:35 pm

Don't feel bad KissinMaiden and Metalguy I'm 32 and I only have about 200 +- Cds. Add cassettes, records, 8 tracks into the mix you're at about 350 max. I seem to be maxing out how much music I can mentally juggle at one time. I'll be interested to see how my growth rate is over the years. I'll always get the new releases from my favorites, but I don't know if I can have use for 1000's of cds. How do you guys find the time to properly listen to all that music?? I listen to 5-10 hours of metal a day (at least) and I can't find the time to listen to it all as much as I'd like.....🤘
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: A question for ultmetal...   A question for ultmetal... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 7:35 pm

I have about 1000 cds.We totally remodeled one half of our basement 2 years ago and I built a shelf into the wall to hold them.Unfortunately, I only have about 1 empty shelf left and will need to find another place for storage. We started the other half this winter but for some stupid reason, I didn't put any shelves in. I'll probably just build my own storage unit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A question for ultmetal...   A question for ultmetal... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A question for ultmetal...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next