Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Friggen BMG Featured Selection

Go down 
+5
Tall Tyrion
Fat Freddy
mc666
Chairman_Smith
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

Friggen BMG Featured Selection - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friggen BMG Featured Selection   Friggen BMG Featured Selection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 9:10 pm

Eyesore wrote:
The second one? You lie and say you never got a second one, man! That's their mistake. You keep it and tell them they're insane.

What about if it is the new rouse and they do charge him for the CD?

I may be too cynical, but I do believe such companies are capable of coming up with such "marketing" tricks - they send you two copies, you return one, assume the other one is due their mistake and keep it, and voilla! you got billed Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Friggen BMG Featured Selection   Friggen BMG Featured Selection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 10:22 pm

Yeah, those clubs are pretty annoying. It IS a great deal though when you sign up. 7+ CDs and all you pay is S&H? cool

Where they get you is with their jacked up "club prices" and limited selection, but really, you still make out like a bandit if you were able to find enough CDs you wanted for your intial free order.

Monthly selections are definitely a hassle though, but I was pretty good about getting online and shutting those down before they got out their warehouse.

On a semi-related note, I had a lot of problems with Columbia House DVD, if I forgot to say no, of course I'd get it, but I'd go through the motions of putting "refused-- return to sender" on the package and shipping it back. But they would never take it off my account. They said they never got it back. I had to complain about this quite a few times and I ended up getting the charges taken off.

I fulfilled my obligations years ago and cancelled the account about 2 years ago, but to this day every now and then they'll send me a bill saying I owe them like $70+ for even MORE DVDs they sent me. I've told them multiple times I don't have those DVDs, I didn't want those DVDs, I returned those DVDs, and I'll never pay them for them. But they just won't listen. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Friggen BMG Featured Selection   Friggen BMG Featured Selection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 10:55 pm

I bailed out of the Columbia House DVD club as soon as I fulfilled my obligation to them a few years back. Occasionally they still call me on the phone asking if I'd be interested in re-joining and I always say "no." If they ask why I tell'em "because I now have two kids around the house so I never have any time to WATCH the DVDs I already have, I sure as hell don't need to buy any new ones!" Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Friggen BMG Featured Selection   Friggen BMG Featured Selection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 12:18 am

i was in CH dvd club & all was well, until i noticed they charged my credit card for an automatic shipment that i have just declined online. i still had my decline confirmation email. so i called them up & they removed the charges promptly (it was still "processing"). since they never shipped it out to me, i didn't have anything to return. i canceled my membership on that same phone call. i figured, if they screw up once, they are bound to screw up again. i don't need the hassle of keeping my eye on them constantly.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Friggen BMG Featured Selection   Friggen BMG Featured Selection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 8:34 am

I don't know how it is nowdays but about 11-12 years ago I did both BMG and Columbia House and after fullfilling my obligation, I cancelled it because the CDs were too damn expensive ($2 or $3 more than what I could get elsewhere, not to mention S&H).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friggen BMG Featured Selection   Friggen BMG Featured Selection - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Friggen BMG Featured Selection
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2