Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Friggen BMG Featured Selection

Go down 
+5
Tall Tyrion
Fat Freddy
mc666
Chairman_Smith
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Friggen BMG Featured Selection Empty
PostSubject: Friggen BMG Featured Selection   Friggen BMG Featured Selection Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 1:01 pm

I don't check their stupid site ever, and they tried to send me a copy of Marylin Mason's new album. I hate Marylin Manson!

I just sent them a long angry email saying that just because I listed METAL as my preference, doesn't mean I like everything that might happen to get labeled that. Good thing I diden't open it. I wrote Return To Send on it about 4 Million times.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Friggen BMG Featured Selection   Friggen BMG Featured Selection Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 1:23 pm

those clubs usually give you the option of denying the selection before they send it out.

PostSubject: Re: Friggen BMG Featured Selection   Friggen BMG Featured Selection Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 1:26 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
I don't check their stupid site ever, and they tried to send me a copy of Marylin Mason's new album. I hate Marylin Manson!

I just sent them a long angry email saying that just because I listed METAL as my preference, doesn't mean I like everything that might happen to get labeled that. Good thing I diden't open it. I wrote Return To Send on it about 4 Million times.
But this is your fault, not theirs. And Marilyn Manson is metal.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Friggen BMG Featured Selection   Friggen BMG Featured Selection Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 2:04 pm

I haven't received a "selection of the month" from BMG in years. I forget exactly how you do it but I believe you can set up your account preferences so that they don't send you ANYTHING unless you specifically request it.

Although a few years ago they called me on the phone with a "super special offer" for "loyal customers" of my "listening preference" -- They said if I ordered 3 CDs at the regular club price, they would throw in 2 free CDs for every one I bought at the regular price. So I sez "Yea, what the hell, tjhat's actually a good deal, I'll take that." So the operator sez "Excellent sir, we'll send your first three CDs out right away, and they will be Static-X's WISCONSIN DEATH TRIP, SLIPKNOT and Limp Bizkit's SIGNIFICANT OTHER." I went "Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait a minute! I don't want THOSE CDs! Those bands totally SUCK!" (Which totally threw the telemarketer off of her game, by the way; I guess that wasn't covered in her script). I asked "How come I can't pick the first three CDs myself?" She sez that they were automatically chosen for me because they were the three best selling titles in the "Hard Rock/Metal" listening preference. I sez "Y'know what, then forget it, I don't want'em."
Eventually two out of the three CDs did show up in my mailbox (along with all the paperwork I needed to complete the "Spectacular Deal!"), which I merely sent back to them unopened. I may have included a snotty note about how retarded it was for them to TELL a member "this is what you're going to get whether you like 'em or not" but I don't rightly remember now.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Friggen BMG Featured Selection   Friggen BMG Featured Selection Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 2:10 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:

I diden't deny that. What I SAID was just because I like METAL does not mean I like ALL Metal. I guess I kinda worded it that way, but thats not what I mean. Like I ackknowledge Nu-Metal as a Metal genre, I just don't like most of it.

Also, just two weeks ago I responded to all that crap, so I wasen't expecting it. Its shady, I don't care whose fault you think it is. It is not unreasonable to not expect another package when you havent even payed for the last one!

Last edited by on Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Friggen BMG Featured Selection   Friggen BMG Featured Selection Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 2:13 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I haven't received a "selection of the month" from BMG in years. I forget exactly how you do it but I believe you can set up your account preferences so that they don't send you ANYTHING unless you specifically request it.

Although a few years ago they called me on the phone with a "super special offer" for "loyal customers" of my "listening preference" -- They said if I ordered 3 CDs at the regular club price, they would throw in 2 free CDs for every one I bought at the regular price. So I sez "Yea, what the hell, tjhat's actually a good deal, I'll take that." So the operator sez "Excellent sir, we'll send your first three CDs out right away, and they will be Static-X's WISCONSIN DEATH TRIP, SLIPKNOT and Limp Bizkit's SIGNIFICANT OTHER." I went "Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait a minute! I don't want THOSE CDs! Those bands totally SUCK!" (Which totally threw the telemarketer off of her game, by the way; I guess that wasn't covered in her script). I asked "How come I can't pick the first three CDs myself?" She sez that they were automatically chosen for me because they were the three best selling titles in the "Hard Rock/Metal" listening preference. I sez "Y'know what, then forget it, I don't want'em."
Eventually two out of the three CDs did show up in my mailbox (along with all the paperwork I needed to complete the "Spectacular Deal!"), which I merely sent back to them unopened. I may have included a snotty note about how retarded it was for them to TELL a member "this is what you're going to get whether you like 'em or not" but I don't rightly remember now.

I got a featured selection earlier last month that I liked and opened by accident, but yeah... its horsecrap if they tell you what you like.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friggen BMG Featured Selection   Friggen BMG Featured Selection Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 2:19 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:

I diden't deny that. What I SAID was just because I like METAL does not mean I like ALL Metal. I guess I kinda worded it that way, but thats not what I mean. Like I ackknowledge Nu-Metal as a Metal genre, I just don't like most of it.

Also, just two weeks ago I responded to all that crap, so I wasen't expecting it. Its shady, I don't care whose fault you think it is.
Why would you send them an e-mail, though? How are they supposed to know what bands you like within a certain style? That's why they give you the option to accept or decline the featured selections. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, but I just don't see where they deserved any sort of e-mail from you.

I work in IT and I get people calling me all day long cussing me out for crap that they did. Yeah, their computers are down, but they're the one that spilled a soda on the PC, not me. So why the hell are they yelling at me? I'd probably be pretty annoyed if I worked for BMG and got that e-mail from you.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Friggen BMG Featured Selection   Friggen BMG Featured Selection Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 2:24 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:

Also, just two weeks ago I responded to all that crap, so I wasen't expecting it. Its shady, I don't care whose fault you think it is.
Why would you send them an e-mail, though? How are they supposed to know what bands you like within a certain style? That's why they give you the option to accept or decline the featured selections. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, but I just don't see where they deserved any sort of e-mail from you.

I work in IT and I get people calling me all day long cussing me out for crap that they did. Yeah, their computers are down, but they're the one that spilled a soda on the PC, not me. So why the hell are they yelling at me? I'd probably be pretty annoyed if I worked for BMG and got that e-mail from you.

Yeah, I have the option. But I don't feel like going to their site everyday to make sure. This was was within two weeks of my last one, and I havent even payed for the last one. All I wanted them to do is turn off the featured selection, which I cannot find a way to do... thats what the email was for, I just threw in the points in the heat of anger.

Oh, I never mentioned I sent them a calm email after my first one telling them I'm not interested in the featured selection, padded with thank yous and such.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friggen BMG Featured Selection   Friggen BMG Featured Selection Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 2:27 pm

The Featured Selection is the cornerstone of their sca... I mean business. They make sure you can't turn the option off.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Friggen BMG Featured Selection   Friggen BMG Featured Selection Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 2:28 pm

spectrefate wrote:
The Featured Selection is the cornerstone of their sca... I mean business. They make sure you can't turn the option off.

I've wanted to cancel, but I owe a little money because of the first featured selection crap, and since my car is in the shop I can't pay for it.

I don't need them tacking on CDs I certainly do not want!
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Friggen BMG Featured Selection   Friggen BMG Featured Selection Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 3:53 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:

Also, how about maybe asking? Amazon does it... if they adopted a system like that. I just think its ridiculous to just send me "metal" because that describes a wide array of things, not all of it I like.

I may of brought it upon myself by signing up, but its still no way to treat members even if I did.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Friggen BMG Featured Selection   Friggen BMG Featured Selection Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 7:28 pm

You know, just this week (and last month as well), I received my selections of the month in the mail. I receive my notifications via email and I swear I declined both of them.At any rate, I just return to sender. No big deal really.I'm just about ready to cancel membership anyway;they really have nothing I want any longer (and by the time they do get something I'd like,I already have it)
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Friggen BMG Featured Selection   Friggen BMG Featured Selection Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 10:02 pm

007 wrote:
I'm just about ready to cancel membership anyway;they really have nothing I want any longer (and by the time they do get something I'd like,I already have it)

I feel the same way. I can't tell you when the last time was that I even ordered anything from them... there are so many other places with much better selection and WAY better prices out there... I'm surprised they're still in business at all, to be honest!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Friggen BMG Featured Selection   Friggen BMG Featured Selection Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 11:21 pm

007 wrote:
You know, just this week (and last month as well), I received my selections of the month in the mail. I receive my notifications via email and I swear I declined both of them.At any rate, I just return to sender. No big deal really.I'm just about ready to cancel membership anyway;they really have nothing I want any longer (and by the time they do get something I'd like,I already have it)

I could of swore i declined the Manson CD, that could explain it.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Friggen BMG Featured Selection   Friggen BMG Featured Selection Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 2:55 pm

What the hell? I checked my mailbox and i got another one today! Same album!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friggen BMG Featured Selection   Friggen BMG Featured Selection Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 2:57 pm

You WILL take that Manson album and LIKE it!

Thats messed up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friggen BMG Featured Selection   Friggen BMG Featured Selection Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 4:59 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
Which album is it? The new one? Send it to me through lala.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Friggen BMG Featured Selection   Friggen BMG Featured Selection Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 5:36 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Marilyn Manson is metal.

Not even. :bounce:
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Friggen BMG Featured Selection   Friggen BMG Featured Selection Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 8:25 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:

I returned it.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Friggen BMG Featured Selection   Friggen BMG Featured Selection Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 8:56 pm

Try to take it to a used CD store. You can get money for it, or you can get a used CD you don't have cheaper.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: Friggen BMG Featured Selection   Friggen BMG Featured Selection Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 9:19 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
I returned it.
The second one? You lie and say you never got a second one, man! That's their mistake. You keep it and tell them they're insane.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friggen BMG Featured Selection   Friggen BMG Featured Selection Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 9:21 pm

I can't even count how many free CDs I got from BMG by deceitful means. Its the name of the game with them!
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Friggen BMG Featured Selection   Friggen BMG Featured Selection Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 4:52 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
I returned it.
The second one? You lie and say you never got a second one, man! That's their mistake. You keep it and tell them they're insane.

Too late. I would of though, sorry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friggen BMG Featured Selection   Friggen BMG Featured Selection Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 7:52 pm

Yeah, this club has REALLY declined over the last year. They have been
deleting A LOT of stuff from their catalog. I realise they have deals with
the artists, but it's getting to the point where there is NOTHING I want
and that includes categories outside of metal..

I dunno, I never have a problem with the featured selection. I usually get
one email showing the featured selection, and I just log into my account
at the website and decline it.

I usually only order cd's when it's buy 1 get 4 free. It ends up being around
$6 a cd when you factor in the all the "shipping/handling" fees.. Laughing
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Friggen BMG Featured Selection   Friggen BMG Featured Selection Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 9:07 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:

Haha, sounds like a horror movie scenario - a guy goes bankrupt for receiving 666 Marily Mansion CDs in a week Laughing

Seriously, I've tried this BMG clubhouse smurf poo abck in the day and after numerous return-to-sendering packages I got tired of the routine and cancel it. You should do the same asap - those sort of businesses thrive on customers which forget to return the the unwanted smurf poo back, its pointless.

Last edited by on Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friggen BMG Featured Selection   Friggen BMG Featured Selection Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Friggen BMG Featured Selection
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next