Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Industrial

Go down 
+16
Boris2008
corplhicks
bgsully
Smindas
Shiney
TheGooch
Chairman_Smith
Fat Freddy
DallasBlack
Tall Tyrion
MetalGuy71
SAHB Healer
ultmetal
Thrasher73
Addy
mc666
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Industrial - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Industrial   Industrial - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 5:07 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I've never really considered Fear Factory an industrial band.

Yeah, they were origionally a death metal band (Soul Of A New Machine) and they later incorporated some industrial sounds (Demanufacture) and leaned more towards groove metal. Because of certain elements in their music some people call them industrial or nu-metal, but they are in reallity niether.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Industrial   Industrial - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 5:16 pm

I know feck all about Industrial music but is Shotgun Messiah's album "Violent New Breed" classified as an Industrial album ? I love that record.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Industrial   Industrial - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 6:39 pm

Locky wrote:
I know feck all about Industrial music but is Shotgun Messiah's album "Violent New Breed" classified as an Industrial album ? I love that record.

It definitely has a lot of industrial woven in it. I would call it industrial metal.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Industrial   Industrial - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 10:05 pm

Locky wrote:

I love that album too! I think I mentioned it in an earlier post in this thread. It's a shame it was S.M.'s last record, cuz I thought they were really onto something with that "new sound."

Tim Skold released a self-titled solo album a year or two after VIOLENT NEW BREED that was very similar but not quite as catchy. I've always found industrial music a little too "cold" for my liking. VIOLENT NEW BREED may have had industrial leanings but it still had enough "metal" in it to keep it interesting. Tim's SKOLD album went too far on the "industrial" side and sounded kinda sterile, if that makes any sense.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Industrial   Industrial - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 12:15 am

Shiney wrote:
LAIBACH
i didn't consider them industrial, but now that you mention it, they fit well in this thread.

PostSubject: Re: Industrial   Industrial - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 1:11 am

Anyone interested in a sort of Moonspell with industrial sounds?

http://www.myspace.com/assemblent

I reviewed them last year or so. Killer CD! "Silent Cries" even has the singer from Moonspell guesting.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Industrial   Industrial - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 6:52 am

I'd say Strapping Young Lad are at least a bit industrial. Fantastic band.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Industrial   Industrial - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 8:25 am

Eyesore wrote:

I reviewed them last year or so. Killer CD! "Silent Cries" even has the singer from Moonspell guesting.

Sounds bad ass.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Industrial   Industrial - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 8:51 am

Eyesore wrote:

🤘 I freeekin' love this!!!!! 🤘

Thanks for the turn on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Industrial   Industrial - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 1:27 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I think I mentioned it in an earlier post in this thread.

You did too, sorry I missed that FF.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Industrial   Industrial - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 1:37 pm

Locky wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
I think I mentioned it in an earlier post in this thread.

You did too, sorry I missed that FF.

No big. I wasn't sure if I actually mentioned it earlier or if it had been in another thread. I yap so much it's hard to keep track. Smile

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Industrial   Industrial - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 4:01 pm

Industrial, yup

1000 Homo DJs
A Split Second
a;GRUMH
Acid Horse
Bigod 20
Borghesia
Cabaret Voltaire
Cassandra Complex
Chrome
Clock DVA
Die Krupps
Die Warzau
Front 242
Front Line Assembly
Godflesh
Gruesome Twosome
Hilt
Insekt
Klinik
KMFDM
Laibach
Lard
Lead into Gold
Meat Beat Manifesto
Microchip League
Minimal Man
Ministry
Neon Judgement
Nine Inch Nails
Nitzer Ebb
Pailhead
Pigface
Revolting Cocks
Robotiko Rejekto
Severed Heads
Signal Aout 42
Sister Machine Gun
Skinny Puppy
Sleep Chamber
SPK
Swamp Terrorists
Test Dept
Throbbing Gristle
Vomito Negro

And not industrial but I like these electronic/experimental artists too

Can
Ensemble Pittoresque
Kraftwerk
The Legendary Pink Dots
Nurse With Wound
Psychic TV
The Residents
Silver Apples
Tuxedomoon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Industrial   Industrial - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 5:35 pm

blackieboy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

🤘 I freeekin' love this!!!!! 🤘

Thanks for the turn on.
I reviewed the album HERE, if you're interested.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Industrial   Industrial - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 11:20 am

Decapitate - you've got the coolest list here!

🤘

I'm surprised you've heard of Lead into Gold. Most have not heard them. Good stuff.

Eyesore, thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Industrial   Industrial - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 8:59 pm

blackieboy wrote:

🤘

I'm surprised you've heard of Lead into Gold. Most have not heard them. Good stuff.

Eyesore, thanks.

Thanks man.

Yeah, I only know Lead into Gold because I'm a huge fan of Ministry and all the side-project bands they formed in the late 80s early 90s (Acid Horse, 1000 Homo DJs, Lard, Pailhead, etc.)

I just remembered two more industrial bands from the 90s that I really, really love -- And One and Machines of Loving Grace. Their stuff is up there with some of the classics by Skinny Puppy, Ministry, KMFDM. Don't know how I forgot them. angry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Industrial   Industrial - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 9:07 pm

decapitate wrote:
blackieboy wrote:

🤘

Eyesore, thanks.

Thanks man.

Yeah, I only know Lead into Gold because I'm a huge fan of Ministry and all the side-project bands they formed in the late 80s early 90s (Acid Horse, 1000 Homo DJs, Lard, Pailhead, etc.)

I just remembered two more industrial bands from the 90s that I really, really love -- And One and Machines of Loving Grace. Their stuff is up there with some of the classics by Skinny Puppy, Ministry, KMFDM. Don't know how I forgot them. angry

Is Lead into Gold a side-project from Alain Jourgenson? I had no idea. I really like what I heard of them, but own none of their albums. Another band I really want to get though.

And One is quite good. As is Machines of Loving Grace.

A few more I'll mention, though they are more EBM:

Seabound (ever heard them Decap? I think you'd like them ... a bit like And One)

and

VNV Nation

🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Industrial   Industrial - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 9:15 pm

Lead into Gold is a side-project by Paul Barker who was in Ministry for many years.

Never heard Seabound (I like that name tho) but I've heard VNV Nation. They weren't too bad. I really don't listen to much current industrial -- don't know why really -- it just doesn't capture me the way the 80s/early to mid 90s sound does.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Industrial   Industrial - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 9:19 pm

decapitate wrote:
Lead into Gold is a side-project by Paul Barker who was in Ministry for many years.

Never heard Seabound (I like that name tho) but I've heard VNV Nation. They weren't too bad. I really don't listen to much current industrial -- don't know why really -- it just doesn't capture me the way the 80s/early to mid 90s sound does.

What do you think of KMFDM's new one? It really is a return to form for me IMO. It sounds like some of their early 90s stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Industrial   Industrial - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 9:25 pm

blackieboy wrote:

What do you think of KMFDM's new one? It really is a return to form for me IMO. It sounds like some of their early 90s stuff.

I haven't heard their new one yet Embarassed . But based on your rec I might have to check it out sooner than later. The most recent one I've heard from them was 2003's WWIII which I dug for the most part.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Industrial   Industrial - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 9:28 pm

Speaking of KMFDM -- did you like the short-lived sideproject MDFMK? I mean it's pretty much KMFDM, same sound and everything, just a few different members.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Industrial   Industrial - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 9:49 am

I never did hear MDFMK. I seen it the other day though - and was tempted to pick it up.

Pretty good huh?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Industrial   Industrial - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 12:03 am

blackieboy wrote:
I never did hear MDFMK. I seen it the other day though - and was tempted to pick it up.

Pretty good huh?

Yeah. "Witch Hunt" is one of my all-time fav songs by the band, and that includes KMFDM's work, too...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Industrial   Industrial - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 2:11 am

I'll have to pick that up sometime. They just put one album out right?

Is it basically just them, or is it a collaboration with other artists too?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Industrial   Industrial - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 10:37 am

blackieboy wrote:

Yeah, they just put out one album, back in 2000.

It's a few of the members from KMFDM with (I believe) the addition of a new female vocalist. Either way, it has KMFDM written all over it (backwards, in this case lol! )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Industrial   Industrial - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 12:25 pm

decapitate wrote:
blackieboy wrote:

Yeah, they just put out one album, back in 2000.

It's a few of the members from KMFDM with (I believe) the addition of a new female vocalist. Either way, it has KMFDM written all over it (backwards, in this case lol! )

Hahaha! I'll probably just put it with my KMFDM cds then (instead of filing it under "M").
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Industrial   Industrial - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Industrial
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next