Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

good industrial metal?

Go down 
+13
fingers
Svengo
sam
7thSaviour
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
mez
jstate
Schbopo
mc666
tohostudios
manny
metalhead777
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

good industrial metal? Empty
PostSubject: good industrial metal?   good industrial metal? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 5:20 pm

i know of very little industrial metal bands that are ANY good!so i was woundering if any of you had some sugestions

my list
1:the kovenant
2:static-x
3:circle of dust
4:clank
Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: good industrial metal?   good industrial metal? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 5:25 pm

I am not familiar with any of those bands with the exception of Static X who I do like but they a very commercial metal band that combined nu metal with touches of industrial music. Very good live band.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: good industrial metal?   good industrial metal? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 5:28 pm

Check out KMFDM; one of the pioneers of industrial metal and they generally have more melody in their music than other industrial standards like Ministry.

I'd recommend checking out their album "Nihil" as a starting point.

Also, believe it or not, one of my favorite industrial albums is the third and final album by Shotgun Messiah "Violent New Breed". That was actually the album that got me into industrial metal. Main man Skold went on to play in both KMFDM and Marilyn Manson. Violent New Breed is totally unlike the hair metal Shotgun Messiah played on their first two.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: good industrial metal?   good industrial metal? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 5:28 pm

Stabbing Westward is another industrial band that still retains melody.

Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

PostSubject: Re: good industrial metal?   good industrial metal? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 5:34 pm

manny wrote:
I am not familiar with any of those bands with the exception of Static X who I do like but they a very commercial metal band that combined nu metal with touches of industrial music. Very good live band.
you must try the kovenant! they used to be a black metal band named covenant but changed there name after there 2nd release and have gone the direction of industial with allot of synth that gives it a ci-fi affect i have yet to see from any other band. i would suggest it to anybody wanting good industrial with hints of black metal

P.S:best songs are neon and jihad
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: good industrial metal?   good industrial metal? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 5:43 pm

I forgot about Stabbing Westward which is strange since I own one of their CD's, great choice toho, I have heard of KMFDM for years but never heard their music I will have to change that, and Metalhead (cool name) thanks for the suggestion. The Convenant sounds interesting.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

PostSubject: Re: good industrial metal?   good industrial metal? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 5:48 pm

remember its with a K so its the Kovonent lol!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: good industrial metal?   good industrial metal? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 6:47 pm

Treponem Pal, Drown, Inner Thought, Skrew, Misery Loves Company, Godflesh, Crawl, Ministry, Bile, Monster Voodoo Machine, Stabbing Westward, Two, Killing Joke, Pitch Shifter, Fear Factory, Rammstein....

Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: good industrial metal?   good industrial metal? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 7:20 pm

I'm a big fan of Rammstein. Other than that, I don't know an awful lot
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: good industrial metal?   good industrial metal? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 7:32 pm

mc666 wrote:
Treponem Pal, Drown, Inner Thought, Skrew, Misery Loves Company, Godflesh, Crawl, Ministry, Bile, Monster Voodoo Machine, Stabbing Westward, Two, Killing Joke, Pitch Shifter, Fear Factory, Rammstein....

Good call with Killing Joke. Their album Pandemonium is one of my favorite industrial albums.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: good industrial metal?   good industrial metal? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 7:39 pm

I always loved Nailbomb's Point Blank.

Cop Shoot Cop were also quite good.
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: good industrial metal?   good industrial metal? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 8:07 pm

For me Ministry is the Godfather of Industrial Metal. However I also love KMFDM and Killing Joke just as much. These guys have molded a genre that seems to have died out some.

Some other works that may fall under a bit more obscured is Lard, and Revolting Cocks, which both house Al Jourgensen of Ministry. He is a brain child to the Industrial scene.

Ministry - I would start with either, Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste or Houses of the Mole.

Killing Joke - I agree Pandemonium
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: good industrial metal?   good industrial metal? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 8:53 pm

mc666 wrote:

Godflesh is a great band 'Street Cleaner' was one of the heaviest bands I ever heard. Fear Factory another great band, and I am one of few people who actually liked Halford's Two project.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: good industrial metal?   good industrial metal? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 8:57 pm

I was a fan of Circle of Dust, Klank and Chatterbox back in the mid 90's. I also checked out Godflesh's "Street Cleaner" album and a few others. Prong actually introduced me to the metal/industrial thing, and i was also a fan of the first NIN album.

Last edited by Troublezone on Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: good industrial metal?   good industrial metal? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 8:58 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I was a fan of Circle of Dust, Klank and Chatterbox back in the mid 90's. I also checked out Godflesh's "Street Cleaner" album and a few others. Even though they weren't real industrial Prong kind of introduced me to the metal/industrial sound.

Prong could definitely fit into this list, I am sure they influenced bands like Static X.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

PostSubject: Re: good industrial metal?   good industrial metal? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 9:00 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Even though they weren't real industrial Prong kind of introduced me to the metal/industrial sound.
who dosnt like prong :flames:
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: good industrial metal?   good industrial metal? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 9:02 pm

metalhead777 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Even though they weren't real industrial Prong kind of introduced me to the metal/industrial sound.
who dosnt like prong :flames:

I don't know maybe 5 people... Razz
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

PostSubject: Re: good industrial metal?   good industrial metal? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 9:03 pm

but they will all soon die from massive mosh injuries!!!!!!! 🤘
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

PostSubject: Re: good industrial metal?   good industrial metal? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 9:34 pm

Prong's definitely a good pick. Other than them, the only "industrial" flavored stuff I have in my collection is Shotgun Messiah's final album, VIOLENT NEW BREED. Their other albums were more glam/sleaze rock but V.N.B. is a mutha!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: good industrial metal?   good industrial metal? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 9:47 pm

manny wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Godflesh is a great band 'Street Cleaner' was one of the heaviest bands I ever heard. Fear Factory another great band, and I am one of few people who actually liked Halford's Two project.

Godflesh's Streetcleaner is the ultimate industrial extreme metal album.

Fear Factory is one of the more under appreciated bands. every album has been solid, while still evolving.

Rob's Two Project is damn good. it helps if you forget Halford's legacy while listening to it. otherwise, you naturally start to compare it to his metal career. which only cheats you of the experiance.

7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: good industrial metal?   good industrial metal? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 10:37 pm

Shotgun Messiah-VNB
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: good industrial metal?   good industrial metal? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 10:37 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Check out KMFDM; one of the pioneers of industrial metal and they generally have more melody in their music than other industrial standards like Ministry.

I'd recommend checking out their album "Nihil" as a starting point.

Also, believe it or not, one of my favorite industrial albums is the third and final album by Shotgun Messiah "Violent New Breed". That was actually the album that got me into industrial metal. Main man Skold went on to play in both KMFDM and Marilyn Manson. Violent New Breed is totally unlike the hair metal Shotgun Messiah played on their first two.
Bomb the living bejeepers outta those forces! good industrial metal? 506406
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: good industrial metal?   good industrial metal? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 10:40 pm

Misery Loves Company is another great band that nobody seems to remember besides myself and MC666, their self titled album was a great album, I thought it would led to bigger and better things but instead they just disappeared.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: good industrial metal?   good industrial metal? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 10:45 pm

mc666 wrote:

go with this list, good stuff on there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: good industrial metal?   good industrial metal? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 1:00 am

mc666 wrote:
Fear Factory is one of the more under appreciated bands. every album has been solid, while still evolving.
I'll definitely echo this and highly recommend their albums Demanufacture and Obsolete.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: good industrial metal?   good industrial metal? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

good industrial metal?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next