Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Queensryche

Go down 
+31
Sutekh
7thSaviour
James B.
Dave the Boss
Metallic Blaze
Eyesore
TH Joe
thejokeriv
akeldama
Schbopo
A Handful of Wayne
Orion Crystal Ice
sam
manny
journeyman
Chairman_Smith
novellahub
ghost
Leatherface
Tall Tyrion
MetalGuy71
7thSecond
kmorg
nevermore
Required Fields
T-Roy
Fat Freddy
Temple of Blood
ultmetal
DallasBlack
TheGooch
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Queensryche - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 11:10 am

I don't mind concept albums but usually I donot really pay attention to the storyline til later, first the songs have stand out to me individually, and work outside of whatever the storyline or idea the band/artist is trying to communicate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 11:27 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:
SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
Nick, do you have the DVD, Mindcrime at the Moore?

No, was it from the first (recent) Mindcrime tour?

It's been so long, I have no clue. I believe it's from the Mindcrine II tour.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 4:35 pm

My son got the Mindcrime At The Moore DVD for Christmas (I got him into Queensryche this past year and he LOVES them).

I watched the first couple songs and was almost embarrassed for them...the cheesy factor was through the roof and Tate just looks like a goof these days when he's trying to act all intense...
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 4:46 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
My son got the Mindcrime At The Moore DVD for Christmas (I got him into Queensryche this past year and he LOVES them).

I watched the first couple songs and was almost embarrassed for them...the cheesy factor was through the roof and Tate just looks like a goof these days when he's trying to act all intense...
Tate really changed, huh? His look and stage presence is so contradictory to everything else going on. And I personally think his voice sounds off these days. He can still belt it out and hold his notes, but far too often it seems like he's in the wrong key for the song.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 5:25 pm

I saw Queensryche live last May. It was an amazing show! Geoff Tate sounded really good. His stage presence was also very good.

I love Queensryche. One of my favorite bands.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 6:26 pm

So I looked and saw I posted here a year ago but it looks lame to me for whatever reason so I'm going to again. Everything in that decade (80's) is like my favorite from them. Nothing from that era is overrated, though the first two (not the EP) are underrated, IMO, 'Rage for Order' especially....one of the first albums that I believe could be accurately depicted as 'gothic metal', quite honestly, and a wonderful partner in my reoccuring spirals into extreme depression. Queensryche - Page 3 Lol 'The Warning', classic, 'Mindcrime', landmark. The EP, an early gem of classic/power metal from the USA, a sound full of heart that many bands would try to ape but end up sounding forced. 'Empire', strangely experimental with some of the hair metal influence, flawed, yet still containing some classics with their own vibe apart from the rest of the discography. Same with 'Promised Land' minus the hair metal part. Everything from 'Hear in the Now Frontier' sucks. Everything. Ok, I kind of like 'The Great Divide' (...looking out across Americaaa..) but otherwise...kill me please before I have to hear 'O:MII' or 'American Soldier' or anything again. I could have seen them when they were here in Jacksonville last month...for $70 a seat. Nope.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 6:59 pm

Rage For Order is my favorite. That album is flat out brilliant! Songs like "NM156," "Neue Regel," and "Screaming In Digital" are in a league of their own. I've never found Queensryche to be this progressive band that everyone claim they are, but on that album, they sure as hell were. It would have been awesome to see them progress down a similar path on the next album.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 8:02 pm

Six-Pack Thunder Dong wrote:
Rage For Order is my favorite. That album is flat out brilliant! Songs like "NM156," "Neue Regel," and "Screaming In Digital" are in a league of their own. I've never found Queensryche to be this progressive band that everyone claim they are, but on that album, they sure as hell were. It would have been awesome to see them progress down a similar path on the next album.

"Rage for Order" is indeed a brilliant album from start to finish! One of my favorites for sure.

I also would have liked to see what would have happened had they stayed in this vein. However, "Operation: Mindcrime" rules, so I'm glad they did that one.

Speaking of "Rage for Order" though. That's one reason I love Pagan's Mind so much. They are a band that ran with that particular sound. They sound like what Queensryche would have had they stayed in that vein.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 8:15 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Speaking of "Rage for Order" though. That's one reason I love Pagan's Mind so much. They are a band that ran with that particular sound. They sound like what Queensryche would have had they stayed in that vein.
I think you have a drinking problem. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 8:20 pm

I see links with QR and PM though not quite as direct. However, one definite thing that drew me to PM was the way the band feels like a very active band, with sparks flying from each side in the playing and compositions, there is this feeling conjured from the performances in that way that instantly brings to mind classic QR.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 9:47 pm

My favorite Queensrÿche recording is the selftitled EP, which is also one of my all time favorite US metal records. The Warning is great as well, but a little too monotonous for my taste. Rage for Order and O:M have their moments, but I don't like 'em as much as the EP.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 3:21 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I see links with QR and PM though not quite as direct. However, one definite thing that drew me to PM was the way the band feels like a very active band, with sparks flying from each side in the playing and compositions, there is this feeling conjured from the performances in that way that instantly brings to mind classic QR.

I agree.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 7:20 am

Everything from the EP to Promised Land, IMO, is untouchable...all different from each other yet all of superior quality.

I think bands have every right to do what they want for as long as they want...so more power to them...but for my taste and perspective, 'Ryche should have quit after PL...had they done that, they'd still be legend...some of HitNF is good...but beyond that it's way too spotty and the band has lost my interest. Tate is just a bloated "too-artsy-for-you" windbag these days.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 8:35 am

I liked just about everything Queensryche has done, with the expection 'QYK' or whatever that album is called. I admire the band for following their own muse and going their own way.

'Rage with Order' and 'The Warning' are brillant IMO, the EP is good but sounds somewhat dated to my ears.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 8:39 am

Rage For Order is my favorite. That album is flat out brilliant! Songs like "NM156," "Neue Regel," and "Screaming In Digital" are in a league of their own.

"NM 156" is on THE WARNING, not RAGE FOR ORDER.

Just sayin'. Laughing

But I'm with ya on the RAGE love. That and the first MINDCRIME album are my fave QRs.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 9:40 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Rage For Order is my favorite. That album is flat out brilliant! Songs like "NM156," "Neue Regel," and "Screaming In Digital" are in a league of their own.

Just sayin'. Laughing

But I'm with ya on the RAGE love. That and the first MINDCRIME album are my fave QRs.
Um...who edited my post to make me look silly? Neutral
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 10:16 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

Just sayin'. Queensryche - Page 3 Icon_lol

Um...who edited my post to make me look silly? Queensryche - Page 3 Icon_neutral

Laughing very hard

"NM 156" is possibly my favorite QR song. Dunno why exactly, it's not what you would call a "hit" or anything, but I've always loved that one. When I was in high school I wrote a cheesy short story about cyborgs for a creative writing class that was inspired by that song (or at least, how I understood that song at the time). It was.... bad. Laughing

I just about lost my mind when they played that one live when I saw'em in the PROMISED LAND tour. I never dreamed they'd do that song. I was in the third row center goin' nuts and Tate actually saw me, pointed to me and winked!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 10:24 am

Quote :
I just about lost my mind when they played that one live when I saw'em in the PROMISED LAND tour.

I was the same way when I saw that show...I wigged out! Queensryche - Page 3 11840
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 10:35 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I was the same way when I saw that show...I wigged out! Queensryche - Page 3 11840

Haha, I was like "DAMN! They must be playing this song just for ME!"

Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 10:53 am

That song is one of my favorites too. Let me make up a list:

whole EP
En Force
NM 156
Roads to Madness
whole 'Rage for Order' album except the cover song
Revolution Calling
Speak
Spreading The Disease
The Mission
The Needle Lies
Breaking the Silence
I Don't Believe in Love
Eyes of a Stranger
Della Brown
Hand on Heart
Anybody Listening?
Damaged
Promised Land
You
Chasing Blue Sky

maybe 'The Great Divide'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 11:04 am

Glad to see someone else likes Della Brown, an understated work of art.

I'm with Shawn, after PL they should have stopped. I like OM II ok, it has some decent stuff but can't touch that early period.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 11:05 am

Quote :
Um...who edited my post to make me look silly?

Now who has a drinking problem? Queensryche - Page 3 604261
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 11:10 am

Of their post-Promised Land stuff, I think "Hit The Black," "Sp00l," "The Right Side Of My Mind," and "Re-Arrange You" are some of the best tunes they've ever written.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 11:32 am

Remember the older guys at band practice calling them "Priest clones/wanna-be's" when I used to play the E.P over and over and over again when it first came out. My only reply was Priest never had a drummer like that. I liked "The Warning" and grew to like "Rage For Order" over time. An observation during the "Rage" tour made me think back to the guys calling them Priest clones. Both bands had frontmen who had strong homosexual characteristics. Then Halford came out of the closet, so-to-speak, to nobody's surprise and I am still waitng for Geoff to do likewise. Who knows, it might give the career a boost and be a catalyst for creativity? Anyways, a great group of musicians who for a season or two... made great music.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 7:58 pm

Geoff Tate is not ga-hey. He is married and has 4 daughters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Queensryche
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next