Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Queensryche

Go down 
+31
Sutekh
7thSaviour
James B.
Dave the Boss
Metallic Blaze
Eyesore
TH Joe
thejokeriv
akeldama
Schbopo
A Handful of Wayne
Orion Crystal Ice
sam
manny
journeyman
Chairman_Smith
novellahub
ghost
Leatherface
Tall Tyrion
MetalGuy71
7thSecond
kmorg
nevermore
Required Fields
T-Roy
Fat Freddy
Temple of Blood
ultmetal
DallasBlack
TheGooch
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

Queensryche - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 8:34 am

holydiver97595 wrote:
Guest wrote:
I searched for a standard "Queensryche" thread and there was just a few threads about them - pertaining to other things, but not in the sense about the band in general.

So - who here likes Queensryche?

I know many will probably like their 80s stuff, but then bag on their 90s/00s stuff. That's cool - whatever.

But I love Queensryche. Their worst albums are better than many bands' best albums IMO.

My favorite albums are "Empire" and "Operation: Mindcrime". How about you?

My least favorites are "Operation: Mindcrime II", "Q2K", and "Promised Land".

Two that I find very underrated are: "Hear in the Now Frontier" and "Tribe".

Best: Operation: Mindcrime
Wort: Operation: Mindcrime II

My opinion.
Best: OMC 1
Worst: Q2K
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 12:24 am

I'm all for bands trying new things, but I don't even get this.

And they're taking it on the road. Really?
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 12:37 am

desperation
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 12:53 am

hmm, no sir, these things do not exist in my world, they don't.

All that is in my world is:

Queensryche - Page 5 Queensryche+-+Rage+For+Order+%281986%29
Queensryche - Page 5 Queensryche%2B-%2BOperation%2BMindcrime%2B-%2BFront
Queensryche - Page 5 165823_1_f
Queensryche - Page 5 Ep%5B1%5D

and sometimes

Queensryche - Page 5 94_promised_land and Queensryche - Page 5 Vq5ous

Nothing else........nothing else....lalalalala..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 7:28 am

Eyesore wrote:
I'm all for bands trying new things, but I don't even get this.

And they're taking it on the road. Really?

That's one of the only really good songs post-Promised Land too...

Tate steers that ship...he always saw himself as more sophisticated than normal people...never saw himself as a "metal guy"...he's into making wine, he's into theater & he's 50 years old...he is bored and wants to do something that'll make him not bored anymore...

...that said, I think at this stage he should so solo and break up Queensryche.

As for that video, we got the first hints of that on the Promised Land tour with all the stage sets and extra people on stage during "I Am I" & "Damage" & "Promise Land"...Rock Theatre...whatever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 3:38 pm

Geoff Tate is going "Vegas"...

http://www.hardrockhotel.com/las-vegas-events/entertainment/geoff-tate-of-queensryche-body-english-9-00-pm/30/20120427/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Banner&utm_campaign=GeoffTate

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 4:12 pm

S.D. wrote:
Geoff Tate is going "Vegas"...

http://www.hardrockhotel.com/las-vegas-events/entertainment/geoff-tate-of-queensryche-body-english-9-00-pm/30/20120427/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Banner&utm_campaign=GeoffTate

Uh... I think I'll pass.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 4:51 pm

If Geoff Tate doing Vegas isn't enough for you to hurl or possibly even hate this guy now, I can't believe what he says about Rage For Order and even Empire.

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=173546

They really should just drop the damn name already. Geoff Tate obviously doesn't even like his own music anymore. I can see not liking to perform certain songs or not being in the same mind frame as you were when you wrote old albums but to really knock something that you did that your fans actually enjoy?.......

I really have to stop reading anything he has to say cause it really makes me loose interest in even listening to their albums.

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 7:37 pm

I don't think he was "knocking them" per se, just sounds like he's moved on and doesn't enjoy performing that stuff now. I think you'd find plenty of artists who later decide there are specific songs or albums from their past that they don't feel the need to revisit.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 7:56 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
If Geoff Tate doing Vegas isn't enough for you to hurl or possibly even hate this guy now, I can't believe what he says about Rage For Order and even Empire.

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=173546

They really should just drop the damn name already. Geoff Tate obviously doesn't even like his own music anymore. I can see not liking to perform certain songs or not being in the same mind frame as you were when you wrote old albums but to really knock something that you did that your fans actually enjoy?.......

I really have to stop reading anything he has to say cause it really makes me loose interest in even listening to their albums.

I think the music sales say it all. There are not many QR fans interested in the new material.

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 9:20 pm

S.D. wrote:
I don't think he was "knocking them" per se, just sounds like he's moved on and doesn't enjoy performing that stuff now. I think you'd find plenty of artists who later decide there are specific songs or albums from their past that they don't feel the need to revisit.

Yep - agree. I just wish Queensryche would release a great album. It doesn't have to be old school Queensryche, doesn't have to be metal, just a great album with great songs. They just don't seem to have it in them these days - the last album was awful.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 9:50 pm

S.D. wrote:

To say those albums had no emotion? He is insane!!!!! The new stuff is just sooooooo full of emotion. They sound bored just playing them. Geoff Tate is just a tool and they just need to give it up and go on with starting something new. That band Wratched Head that Michael Wilton is doing didn't sound too bad I just remember the singer not being anything special.

It's just obvious that they are just using the name to make money, which is fine but at least write something listenable.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 3:01 am

They should kick Tate out of the band and take this guy. Geoff is butchering poor Ryche, even though he still can write a great tune (At 30 000 ft) imo.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 9:32 am

exact33 wrote:

I think the music sales say it all. There are not many QR fans interested in the new material.

I am not sure if that is a reflection of the material or just how older bands newer material gets marginalized by both fans and the industry. For every AC/DC, KISS. and Alice Cooper who's newest albums have done very well. there is a Queensryche or even The Who, who's last studio album a few years ago failed to meet sales exceptions.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 5:55 pm

Queensryche got what/where they got from timing. At first ,what they were doing came at a good time. Then at the exact time. Ending up with wrong place, wrong time, wrong everything.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 6:16 pm

I personally love Empire and OMC, although Dedicated to Chaos is not too bad for a mellow prog album. It's not what one would expect for a follow-up of Rage or OMC, but as a stand alone its not a bad album.

The worst by far is: American Soldier or Take Cover.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 6:41 pm

jettafiend wrote:
American Soldier
The only one I liked since Promised Land.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 9:25 pm

manny wrote:
exact33 wrote:

I am not sure if that is a reflection of the material or just how older bands newer material gets marginalized by both fans and the industry. For every AC/DC, KISS. and Alice Cooper who's newest albums have done very well. there is a Queensryche or even The Who, who's last studio album a few years ago failed to meet sales exceptions.

I think a lot of QR fans would support a new album if the material was what they wanted to hear- I know I would. To be plain, QR doesnt make music that appeals to me. I dont think I am alone in that opinion. That is the reason I think the sales are what they are.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Queensryche
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5