Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Queensryche

Go down 
+31
Sutekh
7thSaviour
James B.
Dave the Boss
Metallic Blaze
Eyesore
TH Joe
thejokeriv
akeldama
Schbopo
A Handful of Wayne
Orion Crystal Ice
sam
manny
journeyman
Chairman_Smith
novellahub
ghost
Leatherface
Tall Tyrion
MetalGuy71
7thSecond
kmorg
nevermore
Required Fields
T-Roy
Fat Freddy
Temple of Blood
ultmetal
DallasBlack
TheGooch
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

Queensryche - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 2:12 am

I like their 80s suff very much, until Empire. The last one that I've heared is Q2K of which I was disapointed. But I think about buying Operation Mindcrime II.

Required Fields wrote:
I love their 80s material. My favorite album of theirs is Operation: Mindcrime, but their best song is Queen of the Reich off of the self titled EP.

That is also my favorite of them Smile
Back to top Go down
novellahub
Metal student
Metal student
novellahub

Number of posts : 163

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 9:24 am

I have all the Queensryche albums except for the live ones. Queensryche was my favorite band through High School. I even had most of my school pictures with Queensryche shirts on. LOL. My favorites are all the 80's releases. I do like the newer releases since they are very progressive.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rchobbyhub.com

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 10:14 am

novellahub wrote:
I have all the Queensryche albums except for the live ones. Queensryche was my favorite band through High School. I even had most of my school pictures with Queensryche shirts on. LOL. My favorites are all the 80's releases. I do like the newer releases since they are very progressive.

Just when I thought I was the only one here to have any love for their more 'progressive' works. Cool.

My favorites will probably always be "Operation: Mindcrime" and "Empire", but this is a band I just love.

humble
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 5:42 pm

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:

We agree again. It even bothered me
last time seeing them live, and having to sit through Mindcrime II. I
love seeing them play the first one though.

🤘

I saw the tour BEFORE Mindcrime II came out, so I got to see the first one and was only subjected to one song from II.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 10:11 pm

Nick, do you have the DVD, Mindcrime at the Moore?
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 11:10 am

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
Nick, do you have the DVD, Mindcrime at the Moore?

No, was it from the first (recent) Mindcrime tour?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 2:14 pm

novellahub wrote:
The original LIVEcrime is really good, but QR sounded so good live that it's like listening to the regular album with crowd noise. I do highly recommend Live Evolution. That live album is killer, and was done before the live album became a contract filler.

If you're going to buy any QR live album, buy Live Evolution. It's worth it.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 5:40 pm

I had a weird dream that i was in an old thrift store back home, and in their vinyl section was like a whole box of the first EP on the indie label....

then i woke up Sad
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 2:42 pm

A big fan of the early stuff, especially the ep. I lost touch with the band when they released "In the Hear and Now." It's that it's a really bad album, but it just isn't the Queensyrche I know and love. Not sure what happened with the band. They can be so good. I know they have always traveled their own path with respect to rock, metal, and even sometimes pop but they always seemed to land on their feet.

Maybe I need to give the new stuff a listen. Yeah, after I get tired of the "old" stuff.

I do however plan on picking up the Taking Cover cd.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 4:56 pm

I found this old thread on Queensryche and I most be a fan that is loyal to a fault because I even liked Q2k, which far from being their finest hour I thought had its moments, plus I always like when a band takes a chance even if it fails,it shows that are not afaird to take chances.
Queensryche where always interesting both on a musical and lyrical subject matter, never fit in with any of their peers, a class act who's "Operation: Mindcrime" classic is even more revelant today than when it was originally released.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 4:58 pm

I like most of their stuff even the 90's stuff though it becomes pick and choose at this point
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 5:07 pm

'Rage for Order' and 'The Warning' are probably my favorite albums, though they aren't what I would objectively say is their best, if that makes sense. Doesn't happen much with me and bands though. But when talking about 80's Rÿche, what is the best is commonly blurred anyhow as it's all so good. I really really really dislike most of 'Empire', especially some of the lyrics are teh suck, but it has a few songs that are just amazing. 'Promised Land' is very solid and felt like a good, natural transition. 'Hear in the Now Frontier' is.................... odd...I think it could have been good..but there are so many horrible, crappy songs on there crushing the decent ones, and there's like 15 songs in total... and then one of the best ones didn't even make it to the initial release (Chasing Blue Sky)...

After that...well..let's just say it's bad when you have to remember back to the glory days of HITNF. I'm content with my collection of remasters and my Livecrime longbox and it'll probably stay that way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 5:18 pm

I've liked everything they've done, in varying degrees. I love Promised Land...never mind; I wrote all this on page one. Haha...
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 10:19 pm

Wow this is old. I wonder why I never responded to this. Well Queensryche was awesome. I started listening to them with Empire. My favorite song was Silent Lucidity. I remember them doing it on a video awards show they did an awesome version. After I got Empire of course I went out and bought everything else they put out and I liked everything. Then they went away for a couple of years and came back with a very disapointing album to me at the time called Promised Land. I was really shocked on how their music had changed so much over a couple of years. Now the album has kind of grew on me and its ok but sometimes I still cant believe how much they changed since then again and again. Hear in the now frontier was good but it just wasnt queensryche, Q2K was aweful, Tribe was decent but still cant get used to queensryche sounding like they do. Live Evolution was great probably one of my favorite live albums. Mindcrime II was promising but not promising enough Mindcrime at the moore I bought on dvd cause I thought it would be cool to see how they act out the 2 albums on stage and I didnt care for that much and Take Cover was whatever it was a cover album. I think I mentioned everything. I think they just go to much with what the trend is now and thats it. Its a shame cause when theyr great theyr great and they prove it live but just write a good album please!

My favorite song is Someone else? But the band version not the piano one. I couldnt believe how awesome that sounded when I first heard it on a college radio station. I tried to find that so for so long until they finally released it on a best of then I was happy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 12:50 pm

Promised Land is a very good album...dark and weird...
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 8:51 pm

You know, Queensryche are just one of those bands I have a lot of respect for but could never get into.
There's no denying that Geoff has one hell of a voice, but I've listened to Empire, Mindcrime, and the live version of Mindcrime, which a lot of people consider the best, and they did nothing for me.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 9:03 pm

Schbopo wrote:
You know, Queensryche are just one of those bands I have a lot of respect for but could never into.
There's no denying that Geoff has one hell of a voice, but I've listened to Empire, Mindcrime, and the live version of Mindcrime, which a lot of people consider the best, and they did nothing for me.

Have you tried The E.P.,The Warning, and Rage For Order?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 9:04 pm

Schbopo wrote:
You know, Queensryche are just one of those bands I have a lot of respect for but could never into.

You need tp ick up the first 3 - EP, The Warning, Rage For Order - GREAT albums
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 11:48 pm

Schpoopo is 12.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 5:10 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Schpoopo is 12.

Only Spectrefate is allowed to do that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 1:34 am

Might as well dig this thread back up.

I bought the Queensryche EP on vinyl when it first came out and was an immediate fan. I think I bought The Warning when it first came out as well. When Rage For Order came out I didn't like it (initially)...I then gained interest again when Mindcrime showed up (I was a major Pink Floyd fan at the time, so it was right up my alley). I followed them through Promised Land (which I think is an excellent album). By the time Hear In The Now Frontier came out I wasn't really listening to metal anymore so I lost track of them at that point.

A few years ago I went back and re-listened to all of the albums and found out that I absolutely LOVED Rage For Order - I think that album was really ahead of it's time when it was released, I wasn't ready for it yet. But conversely I didn't like Mindcrime anymore (aside from a few tracks).

I think if I had to pick one Queensryche album it would be Promised Land. The songwriting is brilliant (Damaged, Out Of Mind, Disconnected, I Am I, Lady Jane).

Really talented & original band whose music has held up very well over the years.
Back to top Go down
TH Joe
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
TH Joe

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 1:59 am

I like all their early stuff. "Empire" is the newest album I like.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 9:41 am

detuned wrote:
Might as well dig this thread back up.

I bought the Queensryche EP on vinyl when it first came out and was an immediate fan. I think I bought The Warning when it first came out as well. When Rage For Order came out I didn't like it (initially)...I then gained interest again when Mindcrime showed up (I was a major Pink Floyd fan at the time, so it was right up my alley). I followed them through Promised Land (which I think is an excellent album). By the time Hear In The Now Frontier came out I wasn't really listening to metal anymore so I lost track of them at that point.

A few years ago I went back and re-listened to all of the albums and found out that I absolutely LOVED Rage For Order - I think that album was really ahead of it's time when it was released, I wasn't ready for it yet. But conversely I didn't like Mindcrime anymore (aside from a few tracks).

I think if I had to pick one Queensryche album it would be Promised Land. The songwriting is brilliant (Damaged, Out Of Mind, Disconnected, I Am I, Lady Jane).

Really talented & original band whose music has held up very well over the years.

I was surprised to hear you do not like 'Operation: Mindcrime' as much as you did back in the day. I like it more now than I did when it was first released maybe because I understand the political nature of the lyrics, which when I was 18 I was slightly aware of it, and did not connect the dots of what Geoff Tate lyrics were getting at.

It is nice to see another fan of "Promised Land' , I agree excellent Queensryche album that is now criminally underlooked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 10:33 am

I might have to listen to it again, although I don't really have anything against the album...I just don't really like "extended works" or "concept albums" that much anymore. When I was a teenager I thought Pink Floyd's The Wall was a masterpiece...over the years I've gotten to the point where I can barely listen to it anymore. I think my tastes have moved on for whatever reason.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 10:50 am

Mindcrime 1 is about the only concept album I can still sit through...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche   Queensryche - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Queensryche
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next