Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen

Go down 
+21
Lurideath
Louder
manny
zombiewalkin
sam
YngwieDokkenfan
SAHB Healer
iamrockerfun
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
krokus
nevermore
DallasBlack
stepcousin
mc666
Required Fields
the sentinel
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
journeyman
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen   I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 7:11 pm

He can be kinda egotistical and goofy, but I think we owe him a lot. I like him.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen   I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 1:11 am

I listned to Trilogy the last night and I will say (based on that one album) that I agree with Ultmetal who mentioned that he focuses too much on "wank and technique" but when it comes to everything else he writes some good metal tunes. So upon further investigation, I will seek out some of his other material (probably a best of album, the music didn't impress me THAT much).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen   I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 6:44 am

I like Malmsteen and I don't like "Trilogy".
Back to top Go down
YngwieDokkenfan
Metal student
Metal student
YngwieDokkenfan

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen   I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 1:53 am

Guest wrote:
Hi.

I love Yngwie Malmsteen. He is probably my 3rd favorite guitarist (behind Blackmore and SRV). I think he is cheesy as hell, a cocky prick, and kinda one dimensional but I really can't get enough of his work.

What are your thoughts on The Malm' ?

My favorite guitarist, bar none. Also one of my favorite metal musicians. I have all of his albums including the live stuff and the collections up to his Concerto Suite. My first album was "Odyssey" back in 1990, and I was hooked. Been a huge fan ever since.

Yngwie doesn't jsut play with a lot of fast and precise technique. He also plays with a lot of expression and beauty. I love all of his solos, and the lyrics of many of his songs. "Like An Angel" is the ultimate love song. His emotions toward April seem so genuine here.

As far as his personality, I've never met Yngwie and don't know anyone who has. I've heard both that he is arrogant and that he is a great guy. Hope to see him live some time, will be interested to see what I perceive on this issue. Regardless, I see him as a very sensitive and talented musician who, on the inside, would almost have to be one fine human being. A jerk does not write possibly his finest song for his wife.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen   I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 4:54 am

I'm really nuetral on yngwie, he is just like all of us, has good days and bad. Plus you have to admit that yngwie is a kick ass name
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen   I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 7:51 am

I dig em! I first heard him on a late night metal radio show. Rising Force has just come out and they played Icarus Suite and it blew me away. I then figured out that he played for Steeler, an album I almost bought but instead bought a Twisted Sister Ep!

I love the first three albums. After that Im a little hit and miss but I have A LOT of his releases after the first three. Unleash The Fury wasnt too bad but I think Alchemy was the best work of his later years.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen   I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 8:35 am

I am an Yngwie Malmsteen fan, I like his albums and a great guitartist who's influence on guitartist that followed was undeniable. If you are a causal fan and only want to own one Yngwie album, his first solo release " Rising Force' is his essential release.
Back to top Go down
Louder
Metal student
Metal student
Louder

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen   I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 10:07 am

Yngwie's one of my favorites. The first two albums still sound amazing to me.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen   I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 12:23 pm

I would go with really liking his music rather than love or hate. I have 12 of his cd's but I am not running out to grab the newest one. I really enjoy the first 6-7 albums a lot, but have really lost interest in the last few and keep them only as collection fillers. Peace.
Back to top Go down
YngwieDokkenfan
Metal student
Metal student
YngwieDokkenfan

PostSubject: Re: I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen   I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 11:46 pm

manny wrote:
I am an Yngwie Malmsteen fan, I like his albums and a great guitartist who's influence on guitartist that followed was undeniable. If you are a causal fan and only want to own one Yngwie album, his first solo release " Rising Force' is his essential release.

I agree. This is the best album to introduce those to Yngwie who are new to him. It is hard for me to imagine hearing Yngwie for the first time now. I heard his stuff pretty much from the start as a teenager back in the eighties. Looking back, us guys now in our late thirties grew up with the greatest metal ever Cool
Back to top Go down
YngwieDokkenfan
Metal student
Metal student
YngwieDokkenfan

PostSubject: Re: I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen   I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 12:03 am

zombiewalkin wrote:
I dig em! I first heard him on a late night metal radio show. Rising Force has just come out and they played Icarus Suite and it blew me away. I then figured out that he played for Steeler, an album I almost bought but instead bought a Twisted Sister Ep!

I love the first three albums. After that Im a little hit and miss but I have A LOT of his releases after the first three. Unleash The Fury wasnt too bad but I think Alchemy was the best work of his later years.

How do you like Magnum Opus? To me, this one has the fire of Marching Out with a nice improvement in song writing and lyrics. Both are awesome in Marching Out, but not, IMO, quite as strong as in Magnum Opus. This is only album I know of that combines so much melodic beauty with such a balls to the wall, totally kick butt metal hardness. If a steamroller and a Rolls Royce could mate and produce the perfect offspring, this album would be the musical version of that offspring!!
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen   I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 2:49 pm

I like a few songs on every album, but I don't like every album as a whole. I think he's a phenomenal guitarist, but there is still a lot to be desired.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen   I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 3:28 pm

Lurideath wrote:
I like a few songs on every album, but I don't like every album as a whole. I think he's a phenomenal guitarist, but there is still a lot to be desired.

I agree
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen   I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 1:00 am

I JUST love the man. He is everything you want to name him, you are right. But I am a hughe fan since early 90's after I heard "You don't Remember, I'll never forget". (lol I know: cheesy hair metal song) BUT then I went to the first album and WOW!! "Far Beyond the Sun " is one of the best songs I've ever heard!!!!

I have all his studio cd's and Live in Brazil and I still have a couple of VHS concerts Smile Live in Leningrad and Marching Out.

IF I have a favorite album, that would be Rising Force, but I can say that all his albums -except War to End All Wars- are amazing.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen   I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 1:50 pm

He's a good guitarist, but that's all he is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen   I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 1:52 pm

Schbopo wrote:
He's a good guitarist, but that's all he is.

Now cmon, he's bound to be good at something else. Maybe he has a kick ass guacamole dip recipe. Did you ever think of that?
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen   I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 2:00 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Now cmon, he's bound to be good at something else. Maybe he has a kick ass guacamole dip recipe. Did you ever think of that?

Hmmm, good point...

He has very pretty hair.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen   I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 10:34 pm

I was playing the best of last night. I enjoy his playing, but prefer the instrumental over the vocals (and sometimes lyrics). Fantastically talented player!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen   I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 6:42 pm

Yngwie is an official sponsor of a Finnish youth soccer club:

I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen - Page 2 1449724246352?ts=446

The connection is that the guy designing his album/DVD/website etc graphics is the father of one of the kids.

Original article (in Finnish):

http://www.hs.fi/urheilu/a1449723963642

I think it's a cool thing to do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen   I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2